NextCruise - Everything you need to know

I was looking for this thread today but the search was down.....have a question(sorry if it was asked before,but Im tired and want to go to bed:) )........

If after converting your NC to a booking,has anyone cancelled and gotten the original money back??

I mean do they know its a NC when they look at your booking???

You would get your deposit money back, but would lose your OBC's. If you change your cruise to another one using the same number you would retain the OBC's I believe.

I'll just post it again:

I don't believe there would be a way to book online using your NextCruise booking. When you book online a booking number is randomly generated, when you book using your Next Cruise....you already have a booking number that is used to book an actual sailing.

Someone mentioned that they were able to transfer an existing booking to their NextCruise number, but that is a difficult (as in not easy) way to try and do it.

It is very simple to call them when you want to make your NextCruise reservation. :D

You would get your deposit money back, but would lose your OBC's. If you change your cruise to another one using the same number you would retain the OBC's I believe.

Thanks........I know all about changing your cruise and keeping the number ............just wondering about outright cancelling...

We purchased NextCruise a year ago and was wanting to book a cruise for March. Can we book a NextCruise on the RCCL website or do we have to call RCCL? Does anyone know?

No you cannot. When you purchased your NC it was assigned a booking number..........that booking number only becomes active when you finally attach a specific itinerary/ship/sailing date to it. Then your OBC will be determined by the length of your cruise booked.

The LA onboard did not give you correct information, or she/he was not aware of the OBCs changes.

As of December 17, 2007 OBCs are as follows...............

$ 50 for a 3-5 night sailing

$100 for a 6-9 night sailing

$200 for a 10+ night sailing

Cruises of 9+ nights used to get a $200 OBC, but as you can see from what I have posted, it has changed.

If you booked directly with RCI, then I would give them a call at 1-800-327-6700. If you received an invoice from RCI, it is coded on there. If you booked with a TA, then you will have to go through them to ensure that your OBC has been applied.

I booked directly w/ RCI so I better call them because onlne I don't see then mention of an OBC...

Thanks

I booked directly w/ RCI so I better call them because onlne I don't see then mention of an OBC...

Thanks

You cant see it online.........just on the booking confirmation

the line under taxes and fees............will say(for instance):

ADV1-$100ONBRDCR for a 7 nt cruise..

Do you mean on a paper copy of the booking onfirmation? I never got that, where can i get one?

I'll try to answer for Kathy............she's packing for a cruise.

When you booked directly with RCI you should have received an invoice. If not, then I would call and ask them to send you one.

On the invoice, look for the code that Kathy mentioned to see if your OBC is showing up. If not, then you want to call back and find out where it is.

Hi everyone. I have skimmed this thread and learned a lot. But can someone tell me if you get a larger OBC if you book a specific cruise with full deposit while onboard, rather than what you get with the Next Cruise package?

Also if I already have a cruise booked for late 2009 (through RCI website), can I get this rebooked with the credit when I am on my cruise in a couple weeks?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi everyone. I have skimmed this thread and learned a lot. But can someone tell me if you get a larger OBC if you book a specific cruise with full deposit while onboard, rather than what you get with the Next Cruise package?

Also if I already have a cruise booked for late 2009 (through RCI website), can I get this rebooked with the credit when I am on my cruise in a couple weeks?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve............the OBC you receive on a cruise is determined by the number of nights you sail whether you book a NC or a specific cruise on board........and whether it is a non-refundable deposit, reduced deposit or full deposit.

$ 50 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200 for sailings of 10+ nights

As far as rebooking a cruise on your upcoming cruise in order to receive the OBC..........you would have to cancel and then rebook and hope that the cabin that you have now is still available. Have never done this, but if you talk with the LA, I am sure she will be able to help you out. Since your booked cruise is late 2009.....you may get lucky and be able to get the same cabin.

Ok, I did not read through all the pages, sorry if I am being repetative. I was wondering........you receive an OBC for having a nextcruise cert through RC, if you book through an independant travel agent that is offering OBC's can they also be applied?

Ok, I did not read through all the pages, sorry if I am being repetative. I was wondering........you receive an OBC for having a nextcruise cert through RC, if you book through an independant travel agent that is offering OBC's can they also be applied?

From the RCI website........

CAN I TRANSFER A RESERVATION?

Question....Can I transfer my reservation to a travel agent if I purchased my cruise directly from Royal Caribbean?

Answer.......You can transfer your reservation to a travel agent at anytime unless your reservation is within final payment period or it has been paid in full. If you would like to transfer you reservation, please fill out theTravel Agent Transfer Form PDF and fax back to us at the number on the form.

When I booked my Next Cruise onboard the Rhapsody this summer our LA advised us just to put one of our names down and do a $100 deposit.

I put it in my name (my DH and I always travel together) but I thought in case I decided to do a "girls cruise" I would rather have it in my name. Just wanted to let you know you have this option if you would like.

I had just decided to do a NextCruise next week on the Serenade instead of making a decision about our next cruise. This is a good point. Since we get OBC for the cabin rather than per person, why tie up that extra $100. (Like what you had wished, I will put it in my name. I can see myself going without DH--with the girls--but I doubt he would ever go without me unless I die. Then I don't care.:D )

I wish they would make this a sticky and keep it at the top...........I alwasy thought there should be one dedicated thread to this subject(like the Explorer one, the Monarch one,etc).........

Every day there is one or more new threads on booking oboard and OBC......

Would make sense to have one place for all of them.......

And that is my

two_cents_small.jpg

:D :D :D

I love having this information; however, I feel just the opposite about having one thread. Most of the time the search function is not working, and once a thread gets the basic questions answered, it becomes a social network about kids and dogs and pictures, etc., and it takes too long to find an answer to a specific question. I'd rather have new threads started. JMO.:)

But, Patti, THANKS for this info. Since I'm planning to do this myself, I'll glean what I can from this thread. By the time I get to the end, I may have a specific question. I'll see first if it gets answered.

I love having this information; however, I feel just the opposite about having one thread. Most of the time the search function is not working, and once a thread gets the basic questions answered, it becomes a social network about kids and dogs and pictures, etc., and it takes too long to find an answer to a specific question. I'd rather have new threads started. JMO.:)

But, Patti, THANKS for this info. Since I'm planning to do this myself, I'll glean what I can from this thread. By the time I get to the end, I may have a specific question. I'll see first if it gets answered.

Your Welcome.............if you can't find what you are looking for.........just ask.

Here is some information I just received regarding Certificates for family/friends with NextCruise bookings..............

Hi Patti:

I definitely do not think that of you and being inquisitive is not a bad thing. If there are questions that need answered I am happy to answer them. There has been some confusion on the certificates and the 30 day expiration on them. The friends and family certificates are good for 30 days after a ship and saildate have been confirmed on the NextCruise booking.

I hope this clears up the latest confusion. Have a great day!

Regards,

Aaron Laufer

Supervisor

Loyalty Service Center

Trade Support & Services

Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines

Does anyone know the answer to this? Do the recipients of the friends and family certificates have to all go on the same cruise - and on the one we go on? (That may seem obvious, but thought I would ask.:) )

Does anyone know the answer to this? Do the recipients of the friends and family certificates have to all go on the same cruise - and on the one we go on? (That may seem obvious, but thought I would ask.:) )

Yes your friends/family have 30 days from the time you have changed your NC booking into a specific sailing to book the same sailing as you have and get the OBC.

The Certificates for F&F are linked to your NC booking number.

Yes your friends/family have 30 days from the time you have changed your NC booking into a specific sailing to book the same sailing as you have and get the OBC.

The Certificates for F&F are linked to your NC booking number.

Thanks. By the time I got through all the thread, I had found answers to all my questions.

I didn't realize this was such an old thread that just got renewed. You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to print out your initial post and take it with me in case I get any flak from an LA who doesn't know what he/she is talking about. Too many horror stories here.

This has been a VERY VALUABLE thread. Many thanks. I am bookmarking it for the future as well.

Off to packing.:D

Regarding PH8's question...they have changed the wording slightly.......it now says, "This confirmation is non-refundable and has no cash value" . So cancelling the Next Cruise itself is non-refundable.

Based on previous reports, it might be possible to convert your Next Cruise into an actual booked cruise, and receive a full refund of your total deposit (including NC funds) if you have to cancel. I am curious as well, if anyone has done this and what the outcome was. :)

I had just decided to do a NextCruise next week on the Serenade instead of making a decision about our next cruise. This is a good point. Since we get OBC for the cabin rather than per person, why tie up that extra $100. (Like what you had wished, I will put it in my name. I can see myself going without DH--with the girls--but I doubt he would ever go without me unless I die. Then I don't care.:D )

On the Navigator last year, I booked two NextCruise- for my DH and me. When it came time to book the actual cruise, I changed one of them to a cruise for my sister and me for her birthday. All I had to do was change the name! AND since it was just a 5 day cruise, the total deposit was already paid ($200). There was no problem changing the name- of course, the cruise was over a year out at the time!

Either way will work for you!