Juneau to Sitka via the Akaska Marine Ferry The milk run,

milolii

Does anyone have information on these schedules for June/July 2008? Or at least can we find the 2007 data to compare?

It looks like amhs took down the 2007 summer schedule, so there's nothing there to compare, and they'll post 2008 too late to really make good plans. :mad: Also, for the Fairweather, check the 'daily SE schedule' rather than scrolling through the big all ferries schedule.

One place to find 2007 schedules is in the Milepost, which any good sized library will have.

The fast ferry goes between Sitka and Juneau. It's run the same schedule for the past few years, so assume 2008 will also follow that schedule.

If you're already in Juneau, a good choice is the Monday ferry to Sitka, returning Wednesday. Or you can schedule your flights by going Ketchikan to Sitka, then ferry to Juneau. The fast ferry takes 4 1/2 hours, compared to 11 hours on the slow ferry. :eek:

The Fairweather leaves Juneau at 8am, arriving at 12:30pm, and the Wednesday return leaves at 1:30pm, arriving at 6pm.

Something to keep in mind about both ferry terminals is that they're far from town. I had to take a taxi from the Sitka terminal into town and it was @$20 a couple of years ago, and I'd say Juneau would be at least that amount as well. At least the bus stop in Juneau is within a mile (?) walk.

It looks like amhs took down the 2007 summer schedule, so there's nothing there to compare, and they'll post 2008 too late to really make good plans. :mad: Also, for the Fairweather, check the 'daily SE schedule' rather than scrolling through the big all ferries schedule.

One place to find 2007 schedules is in the Milepost, which any good sized library will have.

The fast ferry goes between Sitka and Juneau. It's run the same schedule for the past few years, so assume 2008 will also follow that schedule.

If you're already in Juneau, a good choice is the Monday ferry to Sitka, returning Wednesday. Or you can schedule your flights by going Ketchikan to Sitka, then ferry to Juneau. The fast ferry takes 4 1/2 hours, compared to 11 hours on the slow ferry. :eek:

The Fairweather leaves Juneau at 8am, arriving at 12:30pm, and the Wednesday return leaves at 1:30pm, arriving at 6pm.

Something to keep in mind about both ferry terminals is that they're far from town. I had to take a taxi from the Sitka terminal into town and it was @$20 a couple of years ago, and I'd say Juneau would be at least that amount as well. At least the bus stop in Juneau is within a mile (?) walk.

Thank-you so much I am trying to put together a land/cruise inside passage trip using Alaskan Air and the Alaskan Marine Ferry. My main goal is to spend more time in the ports and with the people. YOU know, go in the grocery store, ect. I had noticed the ferry schedule was down as you stated that is why I posted the querry. Thank you for the Monday/Wed inforamtion about Sitka. Still trying to decide btw Sitka and Skagway. Maybe should visit both.

Good point about Alaskan Air to Sitka from Ketchikan, as a two to three day Salmon fishing(catch and release or ship home) in Ketchikan is one of our top wishes along with staying at the Glacier Bay Lodge. That experience (GBL) has to be unique.

Also planning to spend a day or two in Juneau, (history buff), visit historic sites and Twisted Fish? We did not see enough of Juneau in the seven hours we were there.

Archived