Laundry specials?

scootage81

Can anyone who's cruised Princess recently report on whether there has been any sort of laundry special offered one or more times on a cruise?

Scanning through the FAQ for Princess, I saw someone mention a couple of years ago there being promotions where $15 allowed you to stuff a bag full of socks, underwear, t-shirts, shorts, etc. and have it washed, dried and returned to your cabin later that day. We were on the Carnival Splendor for 12 days in August and they offered the same promotion two or three times.

We'll be on the Star Princess in the Eastern Mediterranean at the end of November for 12 days, and I'm wondering whether we can reasonably expect to have a chance to take advantage of some special like that, since it's a pain to do laundry yourself (especially if you don't have U.S. dollars and/or quarters because you're living in Europe), and it'd be nice to not have to try to pack 12 days worth of clothes.

We are just off the Grand and there was no laundry special offered. This ws the first time that I hadn't seen it, but it seems to be more and more of the norm. My advice is to just use the laundry service and cut back on another part of the trip (a half day excursion instead of a full day, something like that). I love not doing laundry n the ship, but having the clothes back clean and pressed, already hung on hangers and ready to go! But be warned - it's habit forming!

Charlie

We are just back from the Emerald transatlantic voyage. I don't remember ever seeing the laundry special while we were on board. However, the self serve laundry was completely full on almost every sea day. Many people had spent time prior to the cruise so the first day that we left port and the next day (which was a sea day) was very busy. We brought our own quarters, soap, and fabric softener. We did laundry one evening after dinner and there was no one in there, but the next day was a sea day and people were lined up at 7:00 am when the laundry opened.

If you are booked in a suite. Do they do your laundry for free? How does that work

In a full suite (minis do not count here) your laundry and drycleaning slips are stamped 'Complimentary'. Just make sure and check 'express service' or it will take a couple of days to get your cleaning and laundry back.

Just place the items in the cloth laundry bags (they should be hanging on a hanger in the closet) and either give them to your room steward early, for same day service, or leave them in your cabin when you go to breakfast and he will pick them up then. Usually, if you leave them in the bag for the room steward, the clothing will be returned the following evening right before dinner.

Hate to be picky but some of the dry cleaning leaves a lot to be desired--cotton shorts, t- shirts etc--ok--they are not too good at ironing

Be VERY careful if you want something drycleaned--they seem to try to put everything in the wash--can really mess up some things

We've also had some good luck--what kills me if a particular ship has poor cleaning methods/or laundry and you have a full suite--you hate to be doing it yourself--since paying for a suite

Some are really good!!

Good Luck

Nancy:D

• 6 years later...

We looked at the laundry list in the cabin, and figured it was going to cost $65 to have laundry done for us! So on a very quiet day in Port, we did it ourselves for $4. Just check to see if the particular ship has a self-laundry or not. Usually there is also a tiny pull out clothes line in the shower for socks and undies done in the sink.

We looked at the laundry list in the cabin, and figured it was going to cost $65 to have laundry done for us! So on a very quiet day in Port, we did it ourselves for $4. Just check to see if the particular ship has a self-laundry or not. Usually there is also a tiny pull out clothes line in the shower for socks and undies done in the sink.

All Princess ships have self serve laundries.

When I took the Ultimate Ship Tour we walked through the laundry. It was eye opening to see how they stuffed and pushed multiple laundry bags into the same big washing machine.

That was a big yuck factor for me personally. I would rather wash my personal clothes items separately in a washing machine in the self service laundromats rather than "share" dirty water with other people.

That is of course a very personal opinion but I will never want to combine my laundry with strangers. Not a big deal for me to do my laundry on a cruise.