New Jersey Night Life

Hi,

We're sailing out of Bayonne 2-3-08. We're flying in on 1-31, and staying at The Hyatt on the Hudson.

I'm thinking the first night we might be a little tired (due to travelling), but yet still wound-up. ;) Is there a neighborhood bar close to the Hyatt we could walk to and grab a sandwich and a few beers? Anywhere we could catch a band? What about Friday and Saturday night...any suggestions there what we can do for fun?

Thanks for any help!!

http://www.destinationjerseycity.com/dining.php

that site might be helpful...i really never go out up there, but did a quick search for you....

http://www.hudsonreporter.com/site/news.asp?brd=1291

or that

www.nj.com

or that one....you could link to hudson county info as well.....

hth a little....it's a start anyway.

Why don't you hop a train into Manhattan? All the nightlife you can wish for.:)

Hi,

We're sailing out of Bayonne 2-3-08. We're flying in on 1-31, and staying at The Hyatt on the Hudson.

I'm thinking the first night we might be a little tired (due to travelling), but yet still wound-up. ;) Is there a neighborhood bar close to the Hyatt we could walk to and grab a sandwich and a few beers? Anywhere we could catch a band? What about Friday and Saturday night...any suggestions there what we can do for fun?

Thanks for any help!!

you're welcome...i was going to suggest popping into the city too...but i figured that since you had a couple days you might have that planned anyhow......the hyatt can probably tell you good places too.....i used to work up there, but it was right at the begininng of when all the new developement was happening.....and when we got done working we either hopped into NY or went home......(i spent 30 hours a week commuting-including driving to the station by my house, waiting for trains, etc-and our workweek was 37 hours-ish. needless to say, that only lasted a couple months!)

have fun whatever you wind up doing.

If your staying at the Hyatt in Jersey City, you can take NJ Transit Light Rail into Hoboken NJ, there's plenty of resturants/bars for getting a bite to eat, drinks, bands.

Here's the link for NJ Transit Light Rail.

http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=LightRailTo

On the pull down menu, click on Hudson-Bergen Light Rail Schedules. Next, click on Exchange Place (Hyatt stop). Next, click on Hoboken, and it will give you the times.

Hope this helps some.

That is perfect, Princess....exactly what I was looking for!! Thanks!

Yes, we will be spending both days in Manhattan. I'm just not sure we'll feel like figuring out the train schedule, and finding a place to go the first night there. I think our flight arrives around 3:30 or so, and by the time we get checked in, we'll just be ready to grab a bite, and have a few beers. I'm guessing the first night will be an early one, cause we'll be trying to cram so much in the following two days. :D

Thanks again all of you for your help.

That is perfect, Princess....exactly what I was looking for!! Thanks!

Yes, we will be spending both days in Manhattan. I'm just not sure we'll feel like figuring out the train schedule, and finding a place to go the first night there. I think our flight arrives around 3:30 or so, and by the time we get checked in, we'll just be ready to grab a bite, and have a few beers. I'm guessing the first night will be an early one, cause we'll be trying to cram so much in the following two days. :D

Thanks again all of you for your help.

lol...if you are anything like me after an early trael day...you will have great intentions...and then you will sit down on the comfy bed 'just for a minute' and wake up the next day!

i think if you go to www.panynj.com you can get info on the PATH trains into NYC......you should be pretty close to a PATH station. i know you can get off in lower manhattan near ground zero....and i think there may be a line up to midtown.

and if you like to shop (not that you'll have time:p you may want to check out the Century 21 store....designer clothes at good bargains....

http://www.c21stores.com/ (it's right near ground zero....so if you have any last minute shopping to do!!!)

have a wonderful time! (sounds like you love your AFT cabins!)

There is a path station right across the street from the Hyatt, which is one of the reasons we opted to stay there. Can't get any more convienient than that, right?? ;)

Thanks for the shopping tip....I love to shop. It's a double bonus that it happens to be at ground zero, as we'll definitely be checking that out.

I've been to NY before, but it was a long time ago. DH has never been. I wasn't kidding when I said we'll be cramming in as much as we can, lol.

I do love my aft cabins, and you will too, come January. :D

There is a path station right across the street from the Hyatt, which is one of the reasons we opted to stay there. Can't get any more convienient than that, right?? ;)

Thanks for the shopping tip....I love to shop. It's a double bonus that it happens to be at ground zero, as we'll definitely be checking that out.

I've been to NY before, but it was a long time ago. DH has never been. I wasn't kidding when I said we'll be cramming in as much as we can, lol.

I do love my aft cabins, and you will too, come January. :D

LOL:D

Yes Hoboken is great, however there are plenty of places within walking distance to the Hyatt. There is also a mall across the street...and no tax on clothes in NJ. Here is the link for the immediate area.

http://www.newportnj.com

NJcm

Thanks so much for this!!! We're getting closer and closer to the hotel, lol. I think this will be our best bet for the first night though, after a long day of traveling. I'm definitely interested in Hoboken though, so we'll probably check that out Friday or Saturday.

Thanks again to all that have replied. I really appreciate it!!

Just got back from Hoboken. DD lives there. The light rail system is really clean and easy to use!!! You should check out Hoboken and go to Washington St. A lot of good places to eat and happening bars. Nice places down by the water also.

If you like comedy, the Comedy Cellar in Greenwich Village has a good show. 15.00, plus 2 items off the menu.

Way too much to see and do, it was our 2nd visit and I'm already wanting to go back.

Have a great time and a great cruise.!!

Just got back from Hoboken. DD lives there. The light rail system is really clean and easy to use!!! You should check out Hoboken and go to Washington St. A lot of good places to eat and happening bars. Nice places down by the water also.

If you like comedy, the Comedy Cellar in Greenwich Village has a good show. 15.00, plus 2 items off the menu.

Way too much to see and do, it was our 2nd visit and I'm already wanting to go back.

Have a great time and a great cruise.!!

This sounds like a fun thing to do, I think I'll keep it in mind for either Friday or Saturday night. We'll be spending all day Thurs., and Friday in the city, so I'd like to hop on the train and go check out Hoboken. Thanks for the tip!!

• 3 weeks later...

If you are sailing from Cape Liberty the Hyatt is about a 15 minute drive north from the port. I have stayed there a few times now and it is a great hotel in a great location. It is right on the water across from the World Trade centre site. It is also right beside the PATH subway that is one stop from the WTC or you can take it right into Manhattan.

Archived