[B] How can I find my cruise credits on HAL? [B]

CAC104

Holland America Line's Mariner's Society switched to number of days vs number of miles sailed some years ago.

You could call and request your cruise history. It would be very helpful if you have your Mariner's Number but even if you don't, they probably can find your records.

1-800-547-9139

Mariner Levels are:

25 days = blue pin

50 days = red pin

100 days = Copper Medallion and pin

300 days = Silver Medallion and pin

500 days = Gold Medallion and pin

700 days = Platinum Medallion and pin

Problem is the number of mariner numbers you collect over the years. We have had about 20 sets of numbers and different spellings of last names.

Best way is for you to sit down list out your cruises and come up with the number on your own

Ruth & Jim

I am not sure I follow this. The number of days you sail is accumulated towards a pin/ medallian recognition, nothing more or less. HAL has bucked the trend and has one of the, if not the, weakest past passenger programs of all the cruise lines.

Thus far it does not seem to have impacted loyalty. Passengers return because they want to, not to accumulate time/credits.

Thanks....now do you know if they discount the cabins for certain levels the way that Royal Caribbean does?
Not increasing for levels, no. For all Mariners there is a discount of $50 to $200 pp on most cruises, depending on cabin class and length of the cruise, but that's all. Most Caribbean cruises are not discounted. When the Mariner discount is available, it cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions ... which are frequently greater than the Mariner discount.

Not increasing for levels, no. For all Mariners there is a discount of $50 to $200 pp on most cruises, depending on cabin class and length of the cruise, but that's all. Most Caribbean cruises are not discounted. When the Mariner discount is available, it cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions ... which are frequently greater than the Mariner discount.

You are so right!!!:D

Bingo, Jim....... :D

It's probably something that gets discussed on a regular basis. They certainly are aware what other lines are doing. IF they felt the need to match, I have to imagine they would.

There have been changes recently in Mariners Party/Reception recently what with the Mariners Brunch/Lunch and the new tiles.

Maybe more changes are in the offing? We'll have to wait and see.

I enjoyed me HAL cruises, but when you reach Diamond status on RCI you get a big discount on cruises, coupon books, special receptions, and free drinks in the loyalty lounge from 4-8pm everyday....that makes you want to keep coming back to that line!!!

I guess it does, Carol. That is what is so wonderful. Choices.

Those are nice perks but not nice enough to lure me away from HAL. We all decide what is the right fit for us. It is the HAL experience we love most about cruising. Their crews/ their ships. A different feel than RCI....at least for us.

Don't get me wrong....I loved my cruises on HAL and would go again if the time and price were right....I just wish they would offer more of an incentive to past cruisers to sign up again....Somehow, to me at least, those pins just aren't enough.

I just wish they would offer more of an incentive to past cruisers to sign up again.

I fail to understand the concept nowadays - that getting what one pays for isn't enough?

I enjoy a good deal as much as anyone, but there comes a point where too many folks expect upgrades and freebies all the time - Someone has to pay somewhere.

Someone has to pay somewhere.
Well, just as long as it's YOU and not ME. ;)

Many perks offered by other cruise lines have their own set of issues: venues crowded with folks wanting their free booze, clogged internet cafes and overburdened internet bandwidth, etc. Those coupon books have very little real value, IMO. Maybe one or two things one might take advantage of, and that's not enough dollars to make a real difference.

Every cruise line has those past cruisers who wouldn't go to another line. I have tried to experience most of them, and while I do find some differences, I haven't had a cruise that I didn't like, so I guess I just like to feel that I am getting the best value for my cruising dollar, and would sail again with a number of ship lines.

With all the cabins in the cruise market now, the companies do not want to sail with empty cabins because they know once they get you on the ship, you are going to spend $$$$$ So, some offer the incentives to keep their past cruisers coming back. I was just interested to see if HAL has had any added perks to their little tiles and pins they give out.

Bottom line.... It seems that some lines have to provide an incentive to get you to come back. HAL diesn't seem to have that problem. I have one cruise each on four other cruiselines. I have eight on HAL with two pending. I found a home and I'll stick with it for now. I could be lured away by a special itinerary or a special group of people, but the incentives, or lack of them, is not going to be the deciding factor.

Bottom line.... It seems that some lines have to provide an incentive to get you to come back. HAL diesn't seem to have that problem. I have one cruise each on four other cruiselines. I have eight on HAL with two pending. I found a home and I'll stick with it for now. I could be lured away by a special itinerary or a special group of people, but the incentives, or lack of them, is not going to be the deciding factor.

Agree.. I sail HA for there product. Unfortunately HA is pulling, and not replacing, the Noordam from NYC.. This could make me stray..:(

Bulldog

Jim,

On friday I sent my annual email to the Mariners Society. My husband and son have the same name and this creates the problem. I have a detailed listing of all our cruises including ship, dates, cabin, category and booking number. This is sent annually to the Mariners Society. This year I was able to find my own record with the correct number on the online look up system. My son was again issued a new number and we cannot find my husband's record. The staff has been very helpful but somehow I must make the annual call. I was told that they run a program looking for duplicate names and that is why the confusion develops with the records. If this is true I don't know.

Is there anyone else who has the same name as their child who has run into this problem?

Is your son a Jr. or III or some other designation to hold his name different from his Dad's? IF he is a Jr., being sure that is used in his full name listing could help, maybe?? It does seem a nuisance you have to do this annually but the explanation does make sense.

Jim,

I have a detailed listing of all our cruises including ship, dates, cabin, category and booking number. This is sent annually to the Mariners Society. This year I was able to find my own record with the correct number on the online look up system.

My question is how you were able to use an online look up ? I can not seem to find that anywhere on the HAL website?

harry

sail7seas,

As suggested by the Mariners Society they included "JR" in my son's name. I found his record last week without his middle name or "JR". Someone changed the record.They also assigned him a new number.

Harry,

At the bottom of the main Holland America web page you will see a link to the Mariners Society. It will take you here:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/mariner/mariner.do

I never did figure out how to find out what level I was on the web site, so I sent an e to the contact number and they just mailed me back that they have me down as sailing 37 days on HAL....That sounds about right to me. So, I guess I get a colored pin :p

Archived