I was to be on the Pearl right now

sharlon

It seemed like absolutely everything was happening in such a way to keep us from going on our cruise.

First DH had a horrible ear infection that lasted for weeks.

Mom, who was going to babysit the kids while we were gone, started having vertigo and couldn't watch them.

Then our DD got sick on Thursday. She did not get better and ended up having emergency surgery on Friday. Needless to say, we did not depart on the Pearl this morning.

Now there is Tropical Storm Noel. Do you think someone was trying to tell us something by keeping us from going?

Thank God for Travel Insurance!

It seemed like absolutely everything was happening in such a way to keep us from going on our cruise.

First DH had a horrible ear infection that lasted for weeks.

Mom, who was going to babysit the kids while we were gone, started having vertigo and couldn't watch them.

Then our DD got sick on Thursday. She did not get better and ended up having emergency surgery on Friday. Needless to say, we did not depart on the Pearl this morning.

Now there is Tropical Storm Noel. Do you think someone was trying to tell us something by keeping us from going?

Thank God for Travel Insurance!

thank God for travel insurance is right. I don't know if someone is looking out for you or out to get you. (only kidding) I just hope the family is all on the mend, take care and there will be another cruise for you very soon.

Nita

thank God for travel insurance is right. I don't know if someone is looking out for you or out to get you. (only kidding) I just hope the family is all on the mend, take care and there will be another cruise for you very soon.

Nita

Thanks Nita! I should have titled this Why Everyone Should Buy Travel Insurance. For all of the times that we have purchased it, it certainly is paying off now.

What a bummer you poor thing! :( I bet you are very disappointed but happy everyone is feeling better.

I have never bought travel iinsurance, when they ask I simply reply "nothing is going to stop me from going on my vacation" but after reading your post I may have to rethink that!

Hope you get to go real soon!

I have never bought travel iinsurance, when they ask I simply reply "nothing is going to stop me from going on my vacation" but after reading your post I may have to rethink that!

We used to think the same way - then my 24 year old brother was in a serious accident that left him comatose with little hope of surviviing. My sister and I ditched our cruise to stay by his (and my mother's) side - no insurance :( Luckily, he did survive, and the money wasn't that important in the grand scheme of things but we could have used that money towards his costly medical bills. Now we get insurance every time...

Archived