A few Monarch ?'s

mattR

What time can you board the ship in San Pedro?

Any hint/tips about the ship itself?

What beverages are included with dinner?

Can yo still order anything off the dinner menu to your room?

Anyone have the menus for the 3 night cruise?

What is fun to do in Ensenada (not the wine tour)

What can you do for culteral stuff not via the ship?

Any good snorkaling/scuba ?

How dose the disembarkation work if you don't do express can you stay in your room till your ready to leave?

What would a taxi from Long Beach to San Pedro cost?

Are the taxies from LAX metered or do they have zone charges?

What is fun to do in Ensenada (not the wine tour)

How dose the disembarkation work if you don't do express can you stay in your room till your ready to leave?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=638129

What time can you board the ship in San Pedro? We got on around 11:30/12:00 last time.

When eating at the Windjammer go to the front. Just because you see food does not mean you need to stop, there is more in the front including made to order omelets.

Porters told us last time to be sure any alcohol was in our checked luggage when we got to the pier.

What beverages are included with dinner? Tea, Lemonade, Milk & water I believe.

Can yo still order anything off the dinner menu to your room? On your room TV it will show you options off the main dining room menu that are available for room service during specified hours. Hope I am not confusing this with another ship but seems this is the part of the Royal room service system now.

Anyone have the menus for the 3 night cruise? Not sure what the current ones are but will be there soon. :)

What is fun to do in Ensenada (not the wine tour) Depends on your idea of fun. Drunk fun, Papa & Beers. May remind one of Girls gone Wild. :eek:

What can you do for culteral stuff not via the ship? Eat onshore, hehe.

Any good snorkaling/scuba ? Didn't do any.

How dose the disembarkation work if you don't do express can you stay in your room till your ready to leave? They ask your out of your room by 8am.

What would a taxi from Long Beach to San Pedro cost? Around $40-$50 and they are pretty easy to catch either direction.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I answered on your other thread:

Originally Posted by mattR viewpost.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We usually board about 1:00, but people can board well before that, maybe 11:30 to noon. It all depends on when the prior cruise clears.

Don't expect the same experience you get on a Voyager class or even Vision class ship. Monarch takes a beating from a party crowd on many weekends, but she has a great crew that provides wonderful service. The cabins are tiny by today's standards.

Water, coffee, hot and iced tea are complimentary. Everything else comes with a price tag. I'm not positive about juices, though.

I don't know.

Probably; I don't. Formal night (2d) is the best menu IMHO with filet of beef my favorite entree offering. The warm chocolate cake on the first night is wonderful, too. Get it with a side of ice cream! The last night's menu sucks.

What is fun to do in Ensenada (non drinking)

We like to get a massage in town and then have lunch at El Pueblo, which is around the corner from Papas & Beer, where the heavy drinking party crowd goes. Some people like the ship's tour to the Fox Studios and others like to go to La Bufadora, a large blowhole attraction. I haven't been to either, so can't comment.

I'm not sure what you mean by cultural stuff...

Don't know, but I would doubt it.

They ask you to vacate your cabin by 8:00 am and wait in one of the lounges until your color of tags is called. Bolero's is a good place - comfy chairs and not usually very crowded.

From the airport it's a flat rate of $36. From downtown I imagine it would be about $20.

They are metered. Should cost about $55 plus tip.

BonVoyage

What would a taxi from Long Beach to San Pedro cost? Around $40-$50 and they are pretty easy to catch either direction.

Dawna

Just a quick correction. A taxi from Long Beach to San Pedro is not anywhere near $40-$50. They are only a few miles apart. Probably around $20.

[/color]

Just a quick correction. A taxi from Long Beach to San Pedro is not anywhere near $40-$50. They are only a few miles apart. Probably around $20.

If you mean a taxi from Long Beach AIRPORT to San Pedro, it was $34 plus tip when we did it earlier this year...

Archived