Cruise Critic Site Problems

mii

Is it just me or has everyone been having problems on the board lately. I have lost posts, waited a long time to get on this site, error messages, duplicate posts. I just wish there was a e-mail address that we can just send the info too. I have already sent one a few days ago to the regular Cruise Critic e-mail address. Is there another one that I do not know about.

I realize that this is a free board for us but I do like my Cruise Critic fix.:D

Marilyn

I constantly have problems with it, refusing to load a page or timing out. It happens at least once a day. It's really frustrating. On the other hand, I usually give up on the site once that happens and go back to my research, so perhaps the more problems they have, the faster I'll get my dissertation finished. . . !

I had a minor problem the other day.. but not since. I have reported this to the techies... any particular time of day this occurs? sometimes helps if there's a correlation in time.

I often have problems with the "white screen of death" and double postings in the late afternoon...between 4p and 6p cst; I always assumed it was due to heavy usage.

I had a minor problem the other day.. but not since. I have reported this to the techies... any particular time of day this occurs? sometimes helps if there's a correlation in time.

Caroliine, I live on the west coast and on an average my problems happen around 9a.m. to about noon PST. The most persistant problems is after I answer a post and hit the Submit Reply button it just hangs and hangs and really hangs for a long time until I just back out and try to start over. I have also lost posts, gotten the error messages, the fatal ones that end in 366.

Marilyn

help, been here a bit and need to do this, can't figure out how??

thanks

I'm not very technical myself :). Go to the top of the page, you will see at the bottom of the banner a series of items to click on, the first one is "user CP", this is to get into your control panel. Click on userCP, then click on Edit Options, scroll down to Thread Display Options and turn off what you don't want. There are 3 items, signatures, avatars and images. I just checked mine, I left the signatures on but turned the other 2 off.

I've been having problems too. Very slow at times (late morning, early afternoon for me). Also, it seems to take a long time for the ads to load; sometimes they don't and I get kicked out.:(

You know, this board has had problems in the past (years). Hopefully, someone will get on this while it's still early rather than wait till everything comes crashing down -- it has happened in past years.

I've had minor problems for the last few days (slow loading, posting errors, etc.) but today, it's not loading and I keep getting the error message:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\boards11.cruisecritic.com\includes\class_core.php on line 363

I've had to try about 10 times to get the board to open. The rest of the time, I'm getting the error message.

Sorry to be such a pest about this but this a.m. I hae had duplicate posts, also after submitting a reply to a post it just hung up. I am PST and the time that I was having the problem was between 10a.m. to right now. I hope this goes through. For a couple of hours could not even get into the site.

Marilyn

Archived