Some info on Vancouver

Giantfan13

I am a late booker of our cruise, and I'm sure this was probably covered several times already, but if any can offer some new into, it would be greatly appreciated.

We are flying into Seattle, and some one told us about 'Quick Coach Shuttle' a bus that picks you up at Seatec and delivers you to Vasancouver. Is this the common way to go??. they also suggested a hotel along with the bus, St Regis, not far from the cruise terminal. Anyone know of it. They offered it for $80 a night. Worth it.

I've never done a priceline buy, but if I want to try that foer Vancouver, do I have to specify that I want to be near the terminal, or can they put you anywhere they want??. Also the ratings of the hotels are asked for. Is there a specific rating if you want to be close to the terminals??.

Downtown Vancouver is very compact and easy to get around. Therefore, unless you want to be right next to the cruise terminal for a specific reason, ANY downtown hotel is suitable if you only want an inexpensive place to stay.

People often get 4* hotels for less than $80 on Priceline (you would bid on Downtown, 4*). Just do your homework.

Read the info on Bidding for Travel before you bid. The site has a wealth of information on bidding.

As for the Seattle Shuttle, perhaps Budget Queen or someone else can help you out.

Ell

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;9;26;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Coral Princess - Trancanal on Sept 26, 2004

giantfan

i spent hours on the net checking out hotels in vancouver. go to www.quickcoach.com and pretend you are going to buy a ticket. you can bring down a menu for destination in vancouver and there is a whole list of hotels that they drop you off at. then you can go to www.hellobc.com and check out all you want to know about the hotels listed. they have good prices and packages. also go to trip advisor.com. then go to the vancouver hotel reviews and you can see what they say about all the hotels you are interested in. the st.regis gets good reviews. and i read they are right next to a 7-11 and coffee house. there are so many choices and you can spend hours looking for a good deal. we are going to be using quick shuttle to get back and forth to vancouver for our cruise. we decided to stay at one of the vancouver airport hotels because we will be getting in about 6 pm from being on a plane all day, then the bus for 3 1/2hrs and will just want to get to the room, grab a bite to eat, pick up some wine and soda for the cruise and get to bed. then the next day we will go to the ship and get settled in for the week. i hope i have helped you.

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

Giantfan, I hesitantly bid on priceline a few weeks ago. I bid 75.00 for a 4 star. We got the Hyatt for that price. They are normally 200.00 rooms. Just remember there will be tax added to whatever you bid. My lesson if I could do it again, I would bid lower. You can always rebid if you don't get accepted anywhere. But I do think there is a limit to the number of times you can bid. Sue

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;09;05;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Serenade of the Seas Hubbard Glacier Cruise

Our bid was $62.00 and with tax $75.00 per night if that helps any! We bid for a total of 3 nights. One pre-cruise and 2 post-cruise.

Carnival Jubilee 6/95

Carnival Imagination 6/96

Carnival Destiny 11/98

RCI Grandeur 3/99

Disney Magic 11/99

Grand Princess 3/00

Carnival Celebration 2/01

Carnival Elation 3/01

Celebrity Century 3/02

NCL Star 6/02

RCI Navigator of the Seas 3/03

Carnival Paradise 11/03

Grand Princess 3/04

Holland Zaandam 07/04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>But I do think there is a limit to the number of times you can bid. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>There is no limit to the number of times you can bid.

By using "free re-bid" zones (explained in BiddingforTravel.com) you can bid 3 times for downtown Vancouver (initial bid + 2 free re-bids); then you are locked out for a 72-hour period, after which you can bid 3 times again, wait 72hrs, etc. as many times as you want.

Once you get the hang of it, you'll never want to book hotels at regular prices again!

Ell icon_smile.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;9;26;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Coral Princess - Trancanal on Sept 26, 2004

I bid priceline in Feb & Got the Renaissance Vancouver Hotel for $55/night for 4 nights, and the Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport for post cruise for $45/night...It is a dream...no more high price hotel rooms for me!

a-BARBARA.gif

www.win2k4me.net cruise pix

Enchantment of the Seas 12/02

Celebration 11/99

Roll Call 8-15-04 Serenade of the Seas Alaska

Countdown till Serenade of the Seas 8/15/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;08;15;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Serenade Roll Call Started

I would not recommend the Regis - an OLD hotel slightly revampted - not best neighbourhood I would only give it a 1* We have a lot of better hotels for $80. per night.

Yes the Quick Shuttle Bus Service is a great way to get from SEA airport to the cruise ship dock in Vancouver. We use that service frequently.

Need more info just ask

I would not recommend staying at the St. Regis. Don't know much about the hotel, but the area speaks for itself. icon_eek.gif Wouldn't walk around alone there. Lotsa nightlife 'nuff said.....

"Blessed are the FLEXIBLE for they shall never be bent out of shape"

Vision / Seas 03/2002

Star Princess 03/2003

Radiance / Seas 07/2004

Archived