"LIVE" from the Explorer 11/04/07

Radio

Radio, you took some great shots of Boston. I live just north of there and was hoping desperately that I would have been able to go to the Black Falcon and sail on Explorer to NJ with you since I am going to be on her Sunday for the 12-nighter. Take good care of this fine lady and smooth sailing back to Bayonne. >snip<

Wow. . thanks for the nice comments, hac82 I took over 200 photos in Boston. . . but could only post a few for CC, due to bandwidth. I will upload many many more when I return on Sunday !

Thanks again ! Enjoy your Cruise !

Radio

;) ;)

Hey Radio! This is your VZW buddy R Coleman! I love your live posts! Hope you're having a great time aboard Explorer! We sailed her this past April and in Christmas of 05. Keep those great pics coming! RC

Wow. . thanks Rick ! Looks like I'll be back to work on Mon !

Thanks for the nice comments !

Radio

Radio,

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Live threads!

Next time on the Explorer of the Seas for us is August 2008.

Would have loved to drive to Boston today and jump onboard!

Amazing to those of us who have lived here our entire lives to see a new apprciation for our "home" in someone else's photos.

Thanks for taking me along on this cruise!

The Captain provided us with some "Fun Facts". . . He said that he needed to contact the Authorities at Boston Logan Airport, before we backed out, due to navigational concerns.

He also said that we will be passing Boston Light. . . the only manned Lighthouse in the US. He said that all others were all electronic and automatic. . . very Interesting. . .

I finally received my invite for the Bridge Tour so stay tuned. . .I will be providing Navigational Bridge pics tomorrow ! !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Radio,

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Live threads!

Next time on the Explorer of the Seas for us is August 2008.

Would have loved to drive to Boston today and jump onboard!

Amazing to those of us who have lived here our entire lives to see a new apprciation for our "home" in someone else's photos.

Thanks for taking me along on this cruise!

Thanks redsoxfan56. . . . That is very nice to say !

Radio

Radio, enjoying your pictures, as usual.

A thought, the itinerary on your trip seems strange (NJ-Bermuda-Boston and NJ). Is that to resynch the ship with a new sailing schedule and keep the Sunday departure schedule?

Cold and rainy in NY Friday and Saturday (projected).

Radio, enjoying your pictures, as usual.

A thought, the itinerary on your trip seems strange (NJ-Bermuda-Boston and NJ). Is that to resynch the ship with a new sailing schedule and keep the Sunday departure schedule?

Cold and rainy in NY Friday and Saturday (projected).

Yes, you are correct. . . .and this will be the only 7 day cruise Explorer will do this year. I wish I was going t be on the 12 Night ! !

Radio

;) ;)

Radio,

I'm going to be on the 12 night TOMORROW!!! YIPPEE!!! We were on the Explorer last June out of Cape Liberty, but I'm a little nervous about sailing out in November from NJ. I keep watching the weather!

I'm really enjoying your live post as much as I enjoyed your other one. Thanks for taking the time.

Patty

Hello everyone. . .

We are travelling very slow today (9-11 knts). . . The weather is overcast, and the seas are a little choppy... But NO RAIN !

Radio

Current Sea Condition. . . .

seafri.jpg

Radio,

Your postings and photos have been great. How kind of you to give us some of your cruising time by the live postings. We will be traveling on the Explorer on 12/2 for the 12 night. We are also concerned on what we will do on the cold sea days and how heavy of a jacket is needed. I noticed the new blue winter parkas on some of the workers in the photos from Boston.

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I cannot visualize being out on the pool deck in such cold weather....even if we are dressed for it.

Enjoy your last day of the cruise.

Joanne

Hello everyone. . .

We are travelling very slow today (9-11 knts). . . The weather is overcast, and the seas are a little choppy... But NO RAIN !

Radio

Current Sea Condition. . . .

seafri.jpg

Oh no Radio.........I don't want to hear choppy.......LOL:eek: I'm really nervous about sailing out of Bayonne in November.......hope it's not to choppy. We usually go out of Miami this time of year. In all our cruises I think we only had one really, really choppy day and that was last December on our way back to Port Canaveral.........you could hardly walk! And no way could you go outside, the wind was ripping around.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and bring the Explorer home to those of us waiting to board TOMORROW! :D

Patty

Radio,

Your postings and photos have been great. How kind of you to give us some of your cruising time by the live postings. We will be traveling on the Explorer on 12/2 for the 12 night. We are also concerned on what we will do on the cold sea days and how heavy of a jacket is needed. I noticed the new blue winter parkas on some of the workers in the photos from Boston.

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I cannot visualize being out on the pool deck in such cold weather....even if we are dressed for it.

Enjoy your last day of the cruise.

Joanne

I would say just a heavy jacket and sweater or sweatshirt. . .You will only be cold on the first and last day !

Radio

First, hope you have a great time, with perfect weather.

As you are the on site authority, can you let me know if the Solarium Pool has a retractable dome. Royal tells me yes, but I keep hearing no, and I've been told it has been added. So please give me the definitive answer!

Again , enjoy.

First, hope you have a great time, with perfect weather.

As you are the on site authority, can you let me know if the Solarium Pool has a retractable dome. Royal tells me yes, but I keep hearing no, and I've been told it has been added. So please give me the definitive answer!

Again , enjoy.

No Voyager Class or Freedom Class ship has a retractable dome in the Solarium. . . Period !

ALL Vision Class Ships have a retractable dome.

Radio

;) ;)

No Voyager Class or Freedom Class ship has a retractable dome in the Solarium. . . Period !

ALL Vision Class Ships have a retractable dome.

Radio

;) ;)

So do the Radiance class!!

Radio, great pictures and commentary as usual. Did you have fisherman's platter (lobster) last night. There are many who say they are doing away with it fleet wide in the near future. Have you heard anything about that?

Sue

Archived