Dinner in Aruba

darienill

Anybody have a suggestion for dinner in Aruba?

If you like meat, try Tango's. It is near the Holiday Inn/High Rise hotel area. Dinner includes a free tango show. Food was excellant and cooked in an open kitchen. There is a special price for early seating.

Anybody have a suggestion for dinner in Aruba?

Ship sails at 10 PM. Like fish over meat.

You're obviously not doing too well here.

You might try piggybacking a post onto prescottbob's thread on the Aruba board.:o

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=168

He has the same question, just slightly different parameters.

We ate at Don Carlos - an Italian restaurant just along the water by the marina. We didn't have reservations.

We both ordered seafood dishes and they were yummy. Plus, the view is great. The BEST Pina Colada I have ever had!

That was a few years ago though, so I don't know if it's still a good place.

you've got a problem IMO since most of the restaurants in Aruba open between 7-8

you're cutting it too close especially if all aboard time is 9:30

you'll have a much more enjoyable evening @Pinnacle (great fish and a fraction of the price compared to Aruba)

I recommend Chez Mathilde (Matilde in some reviews, they have the same address) My husband and I discovered this by chance. We had a marvelous lunch with great wine (Local business types were also dining). It is about a 5-10 minute walk from the pier. (Allow time for making a wrong turn. They have a web site. We always hope to have a port stop in Aruba so we can visit again.

I recommend Chez Mathilde (Matilde in some reviews, they have the same address) My husband and I discovered this by chance. We had a marvelous lunch with great wine (Local business types were also dining). It is about a 5-10 minute walk from the pier. (Allow time for making a wrong turn. They have a web site. We always hope to have a port stop in Aruba so we can visit again.

DH and I dined at Chez Mathilde some years ago and agree it was wonderful. We were vacationing on Aruba and that was one of our favorite leisurely, dining evenings. As Skeezics says it is reasonably close to where the ship docks but unless they open early and you don't mind eating very early, this is not the sort of place you want to rush through dinner. I recall it was in the $$$ range. Most nice dinners in Aruba are not inexpensive.

We spend 3 weeks in Aruba every July at a timeshare. There are many wonderful restaurants. However, flying fishbone has great food in a beautiful setting. You can eat right on the beach and watch the sunset. Make a reservation at least 2 weeks prior and bring your sunglasses. You won't be disappointed.

Archived