Transportation to EWR

tiyana4

We will be staying at the Hyatt Regency on the Hudson in Jersey City post-cruise in December. The location is great for our needs but we just realized that the Hyatt does not provide a complimentary shuttle to the airport. There are only two in our party and the hotel shuttle is $30pp or $55 for a private car - which seems a bit expensive for a distance of only 10 miles.

Does anyone have any inexpensive suggestions for transportation from the hotel to the Newark Airport on a Saturday afternoon? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :o

We will be staying at the Hyatt Regency on the Hudson in Jersey City post-cruise in December. The location is great for our needs but we just realized that the Hyatt does not provide a complimentary shuttle to the airport. There are only two in our party and the hotel shuttle is $30pp or $55 for a private car - which seems a bit expensive for a distance of only 10 miles.

Does anyone have any inexpensive suggestions for transportation from the hotel to the Newark Airport on a Saturday afternoon? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :o

You could take the PATH train to Newark Penn Station, then AirTrain into the airport. But with cruise luggage, it could be a hassle. You may want to try Super Shuttle, but I would bet the price will be at least $20.00pp.

As the crow flies, it may only be 10 miles. But it can easily be a 1/2 hour drive from Jersey City to EWR.

Hotel shuttle, even though pricey, will be your best bet.

You could take the PATH train to Newark Penn Station, then AirTrain into the airport. But with cruise luggage, it could be a hassle. You may want to try Super Shuttle, but I would bet the price will be at least $20.00pp.

As the crow flies, it may only be 10 miles. But it can easily be a 1/2 hour drive from Jersey City to EWR.

Hotel shuttle, even though pricey, will be your best bet.

funny i went to supershuttle.com -- they hyatt jersey city didn't come up and when i plugged in the zip code, it said they don;t service that area..that is a little wacky.....Hmmm...maybe they GO there, but don't pick up> makes no sense, (but hey, we in jersey are sometimes a little different!):p

A cab would probably be about 50-ish bucks too, so if it were me, i would try for a car serivce (actually sometimes you get a sedan as opposed to a cab up there anyway!)

actually, if it were me, i would stay elsewhere-but it sounds like you want to be close to NYC.....honestly $55 is really reasonable! truthfully, the cost may seem high to you because, among the other fees the car company must pay, we here in NJ are lucky to pay the highest auto insurance rates in the country!

funny i went to supershuttle.com -- they hyatt jersey city didn't come up and when i plugged in the zip code, it said they don;t service that area..that is a little wacky.....Hmmm...maybe they GO there, but don't pick up> makes no sense, (but hey, we in jersey are sometimes a little different!):p

Thanks for the advice so far.

I tried Supershuttle, too. We are flying in Thursday and Supershuttle can transport us from Newark Airport to the NY Cruise Terminal for $33 total but there is no transportation from the Hyatt's zip code back to Newark Airport. We plan to do some shopping in the city post cruise and use the Path Train to get to the hotel. Since we are only in town 2 nights, we just have one small carryon each.

How complicated would it be to get from the Hyatt to the airport via Path Train? It sounds much faster than taking the Turnpike.

I tried Supershuttle, too. We are flying in Thursday and Supershuttle can transport us from Newark Airport to the NY Cruise Terminal for $33 total but there is no transportation from the Hyatt's zip code back to Newark Airport. We plan to do some shopping in the city post cruise and use the Path Train to get to the hotel. Since we are only in town 2 nights, we just have one small carryon each.

How complicated would it be to get from the Hyatt to the airport via Path Train? It sounds much faster than taking the Turnpike.

not sure...i guess you would take PATH to Newark Penn Station (as opposed to NEW YORK Penn station:eek: ) and then cab it to the airport...i haven't taken the PATH in about 10 years

try this...

www.panynj.com that is the website for the authority operating the 3 biggie airports and the PATH train...(among other things!) it looks like you would get on at Pavonia/Newport then transfer at Grove Street or Journal Square to get to the Newark Penn stop....to get into NYC you can take one of 2 lines at Pavonia-one goes up toward midtown and the other to the WTC stop....on the PATH route maps, you can click on any station and see a map of where it is in relation to where you want to be.

Find out from NJ Transit if bus is a motorcoach(greyhound type bus) or if its a city type bus with no luggage racks that operates from Newark Penn Sta.:)

Find out from NJ Transit if bus is a motorcoach(greyhound type bus) or if its a city type bus with no luggage racks that operates from Newark Penn Sta.:)

if it is an NJ transit bus, there will not be much, if any space for luggage....but they won't have much so it maybe ok......

Oh.....i was wondering why you only will have 2 little carryons...then i saw that (it looks like) you are doing a happy little CTN eh?? sounds like fun!

Yes, we're doing the "Savor The Night" American Express promotion with celebrity chefs Bobby Flay, Michael Anthony and Floyd Cardoz as well as a live performance from John Legend. Included with the price of our balcony cabin is a private party afterwards with the celebrity guests.

We normally head south for the winter, but we couldn't pass up the opportunity to sail on a new ship with such fantastic food, wine & entertainment. ;)

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to give an update on what we decided to do for transportation frrom the Hyatt to the Airport.

We initially only had one small carryon each but ended up purchasing a 28" piece of luggage to transport all of our X-mas goods we bought in the city. This made taking the Path impossible so we had the hotel hail us a cab and the driver was able to whisk us there in 20 minutes (late on a Saturday night). The cost was much more reasonable than I initially anticipated. We did ask in advance how much the trip cost would be because the meter was not turned on.

Be sure to ask in advance how much the trip will cost because I believe it is a fixed cost.

Archived