Emerald Now

AliceS

Thanks so much Alice for trying will write and see. $10 for a morning $10 for afternoon!!!! didn't bother on principle, all you get is a lounger and a menu to BUY food,and you can buy a message, i agree with alice a rip off.of to work now.

Alice-My parents are just back from the Emerald too. They said there was a group of over 400 Germans onboard! They met some very interesting people but had to get to the shows over 45 mins. early or they wouldn't get a seat. They said there were A LOT of seniors, which is kinda typical for the sail date and itinerary. They also had a good time and didn't bother with the Santuary either. They said it's a beautiful ship with a great crew!

I would say that is the reason that the Emerald docked at Havensight because two Grand Class ships can't dock at Crown bay at the same time. That inner pier at Crown bay cannot handle the bigger ship. :)

Crown Bay has accommodated both Crown Princess and QM2 at once.....

Alice-My parents are just back from the Emerald too. They said there was a group of over 400 Germans onboard! They met some very interesting people but had to get to the shows over 45 mins. early or they wouldn't get a seat. They said there were A LOT of seniors, which is kinda typical for the sail date and itinerary. They also had a good time and didn't bother with the Santuary either. They said it's a beautiful ship with a great crew!

Yes, there were more than 400 Germans, we added 1 & 1/2, but weren't part of that group. They had their own shows. The first show in any of the large ships is tough. There just are not enough seats for all passengers. The show room is the same as the Grand Class and there are 500 more passengers. We just go to the second show. It isn't worth going and sitting that long to see a show.

Yes, there were more than 400 Germans, we added 1 & 1/2, but weren't part of that group. They had their own shows. The first show in any of the large ships is tough. There just are not enough seats for all passengers. The show room is the same as the Grand Class and there are 500 more passengers. We just go to the second show. It isn't worth going and sitting that long to see a show.

We loved the Cole Porter show on the last formal night. Great music, sets and vocals!

I don't know that the German group made an impact on anything other than taking over one of the anytime dining rooms. They did not impact us in any way. Nice and congenial group! The 8:30 shows were difficult to get in to, but there were several nights that had 7PM shows. We just had too much we wanted to do in the evenings to sit for an hour waiting for a show to start. 10:30 shows are much easier to get in to for viewing.

Great cruise, food, service and new found friends. great adventure. The Nevis sailaway excursion was a great fun for all ages!

Sorry but the QM2 tendered where the Norway used to anchor. :eek:

We were told that with only 2 ships in port in St. Thomas, they were wanting to accommodate both docks. (I suspect it was a political decision as Havensight was not happy with the transfer of Princess ships to the other dock.) It makes sense. Why put 6000 people at one dock when they have the opportunity to spread us out??

I agree with Jercal. The disembarkation was amazing! We were told to meet at 9:30 in Michaelangelo dining room, and as we arrived they were sending everyone to disembark. We were off the ship in about 5 minutes. It was a great cruise with great service.

We were on our way and were able to get on the 12 o'clock flight, we were scheduled on the 2 o'clock. Disembarkment was so easy, we were at the airport in record time. USAirways came through for us. We were very pleased. It's chilly here though, I look forward to going back.

Take care everyone. It was great to meet all of you.

We were told that with only 2 ships in port in St. Thomas, they were wanting to accommodate both docks. (I suspect it was a political decision as Havensight was not happy with the transfer of Princess ships to the other dock.) It makes sense. Why put 6000 people at one dock when they have the opportunity to spread us out??

I agree, this has been debated since the changeover in Oct 2006. While on the Crown we were the last Princess to dock regularly at Havensight. :)

Over the last year the termoil between the Govt and the shopowners and cabs services I believe the pressure to move some ships back to Havensight was made. That is why you are now seeing more Princess ships docked at Havensight every once in awhile. ;)

It seems crazy to me to be in St Thomas (Crown Bay) and Havensight is void of any ships. :eek:

I agree, this has been debated since the changeover in Oct 2006. While on the Crown we were the last Princess to dock regularly at Havensight. :)

Over the last year the termoil between the Govt and the shopowners and cabs services I believe the pressure to move some ships back to Havensight was made. That is why you are now seeing more Princess ships docked at Havensight every once in awhile. ;)

It seems crazy to me to be in St Thomas (Crown Bay) and Havensight is void of any ships. :eek:

Is there any rhyme or reason about future stops? Always going to be at Havensight or just when the mood hits?

Hello to all our cruise buddies from the Emerald! We can verify all they say is true. The Emerald was a top notch ship in every aspect. We enjoyed the food, service, ports, and entertainment. We met some really nice CC friends and will be sailing with Alice on our Feb cruise. Can't wait!

For all of you going on the Emerald, you have alot to look forward to.

Is there any rhyme or reason about future stops? Always going to be at Havensight or just when the mood hits?

Week to week day to day decision. But for the majority of the time it is supposed to be Crown Bay, but we have seen some changes recently so maybe it is swinging back the other way. :rolleyes:

Hello to all our cruise buddies from the Emerald! We can verify all they say is true. The Emerald was a top notch ship in every aspect. We enjoyed the food, service, ports, and entertainment. We met some really nice CC friends and will be sailing with Alice on our Feb cruise. Can't wait!

For all of you going on the Emerald, you have alot to look forward to.

I wish we had your luck when we sailed her a few weeks ago..beautiful ship but the food and especially service were not that great at all.

Hi there,

Greetings from Cafe Caribe on board the Emerald, docked in the harbor at Dominica. We've been having a great cruise. Good news -- we're going to Princess Cays instead of Nassau. I guess they repaired the damage from the hurricane a few weeks ago. I'll try to post back after St. Thomas and let you know what pier we docked at.

Mary Ellen

Hi Gail, It's good to hear from you again.

MaryEllen1, We are interested in your impression of the ports, we do the same cruise in late February. Let us know about Princess Cay for sure. I missed going there. What did you do in Dominica besides post here?

Looking forward to sailing the Emerald in Feb... :D

A couple of questions for those on board or just off...

Did you have a "get together" organized via the ship or an shore side coordinator?? If so whom did you contact??

Who is the CD on board and will he still be there in Feb...did he help with a get together ..ie post a members only meeting in the patter??

I have the name of the main on board services contact but I recall from pior cruises that there are folks assigned to each ship but alas any lists I have found do not have the Emerald on them.....On the Dawn ( March 2006) the CD did nothing for us and was actually the rudest person we came accross. I set a meeting up pior to sailing..then a letter I received on board gave me a diffrent meeting time and place...luckily I had a list of cabin numbers....another person and I ran around the ship putting notes in "mailboxes" the evening before. The ship was nice enought to post a sign at the old meeting place stating where we where and when..(smaller venue and an hour later so no one missed out).

Thanks for any information ...:p

Archived