Photos

StarryBugg

I had my bag with my Carnival photos stolen at the airport. There's no way to get reprints of these is there? :( :( :(

If you just got back it may be worth calling Carnival. The pictures are done digitally so it's possible that they still have them. However, telling them which one of the thousands of people in the pictures is you, may not be doable! Good luck!

Maybe the photo id is on the S&S receipt, so, yes, call them and tell them what happened. You never know.

Good luck.

This is a great idea!!! Good thinkin!!!

OP- I truly hope this works for you!!! Hurry up & give Carnival a call!!!

Carmel

Maybe the photo id is on the S&S receipt, so, yes, call them and tell them what happened. You never know.

Good luck.

I was just going to say the same thing...I'm looking at a receipt from 2 weeks ago...says "#6689 8x10 Stding1 2nd Formal." So, looks like they ID all the photos...just wonder how long they keep them. Call today! Let us know what they say.

It's too bad they don't do pictures on ships the same way they do them at places like ski resorts. At the ski resorts they give you a number and you view and order them on line. My daughter lost a picture of herself with her friend about a year after our ski trip. I was still able to go on line and order a new picture (altho I paid dearly for the shipping). Maybe they can't do it this way because of the huge volume of pics they do. Sorry your pics got stolen.

I hope you contacted the airport as well. It's unusual that someone would intentionally steal portraits belonging to someone else. If they were left behind someone may have turned them in to security. Those announcements about not leaving bags unattended etc all state to bring the items to the attention of security. When did you realize you had left your portraits behind? If you had a layover make sure you check with the airline and any airport you were at that day.

So sorry to hear that your photos were stolen. My husb. and I just got back from a week on the Triumph.When we were picking up the prints we'd ordered, I asked the cashier what was done with the 1000s of pix that people didn't buy.(knowing that in a few hours another new 3000+ people would soon be boarding.) He told me that all were taken down and the photo paper was recycled. It sounds like it might be a longshot for you to get copies of your stolen ones. The ideas previously posted (especially if you have the reciept to try to track them) were good, but with the HUGE volumes of photos they take every week, I'm afraid I wouldn't get my hopes up. Good luck, though!

Walt Disney World has a great system for pictures. You are given a card at your first photo, it has an account number associated with it. Every time you get a picture taken, the card is scanned and the picture is linked to your account. You go online to view your pictures, you can order different sizes, and have them mailed to you and you can purchase a CD of all of the pictures and print what you want.

This is a much better system than wasting tons of paper and ink on pictures that will never be purchased. And really comes in handy if you lose your pics. Also you don't have to settle for the size that Carnival prints, you can have whatever size you want.

I'm really sorry this happened to you. I would just about be ready to die if it were me!

When were on our last cruise at the beginning of October, the cruise director was reminding people to go buy their portraits because they were not available any other way. Sounds like a lot of people are asking the question about the way Disney does theirs. I thought that system was awesome & hope the cruise lines will go that way soon! They probably won't make as much money as the impulse purchases on board, but they certainly would save time & space...not to mention resources (paper, ink, etc).

Towanda

Thanks for all the ideas :(

I called Carnival right after I posted this and they said they are digital shots. After the cruise, there's no way to get them back.

Nonetheless, I was a blubbering idiot in the airport. My boyfriend thought I was nuts.... but it was just the point.

They must delete them after every sailing. The way I do my pictures is I down load them to my computer and put them on disk later for safe keeping.

I'm sorry for you. I just looked at pictures I bought from Carnival... They all have a bar code with a number to the right.. I was hopping they could link that number to your sail and sign card..

They must not keep the pictures due to the amount of space they would need on their computers.. Well, I have been lucky not to lose my pictures..

Walt Disney World has a great system for pictures. You are given a card at your first photo, it has an account number associated with it. Every time you get a picture taken, the card is scanned and the picture is linked to your account. You go online to view your pictures, you can order different sizes, and have them mailed to you and you can purchase a CD of all of the pictures and print what you want.

This is a much better system than wasting tons of paper and ink on pictures that will never be purchased. And really comes in handy if you lose your pics. Also you don't have to settle for the size that Carnival prints, you can have whatever size you want.

I am going to go to the carnival website and send in a suggestion that they consider this idea. It makes so much more sense than all the waste they have now.

Archived