Audio Books

LynnAB

Not a bad solution to any problems!!!

Have a great cruise!:)

Thank you, Jim,

I'm all packed and ready for tomorrow morning ... but I know I'll have a hard time sleeping tonight. That always happens to me the night before a cruise. I'm such a child. I get tooooo excited <g>.

So far it looks like the weather should be amazing. I hope nothing changes in that regard.

I'm taking my Kindle, but I know how I get ... I keep running around and don't read too much. We'll see ...

Have a great week!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Lynn welcome back!!! Tell us about your cruise!:)

Are you sure you want to hear about it? Our 23-year-old son came down with Norovirus!!! He was quarantined to the cabin for 2+ days, and it was BAD. He was sooooo sick and missed the major ports. He got sick on Tuesday, was quarantined until Thursday morning, and felt weak and with little appetite for two days after that. Need I say more? My husband and I spent time going back and forth to the medical facility to have us checked (thank God no symptoms) and to get supplies for our son. He actually had to go to the medical facility the second day in a wheelchair because he was so weak. This is a guy who works out all the time and has energy to spare on a daily basis. I was soooo worried.

The cruise BEFORE the Norovirus was wonderful. Spending time with our good friends who sailed with us was wonderful. I just feel like we lost a LOT of quality time. Sigh!

Are you sure you want to hear about it? Our 23-year-old son came down with Norovirus!!! He was quarantined to the cabin for 2+ days, and it was BAD. He was sooooo sick and missed the major ports. He got sick on Tuesday, was quarantined until Thursday morning, and felt weak and with little appetite for two days after that. Need I say more? My husband and I spent time going back and forth to the medical facility to have us checked (thank God no symptoms) and to get supplies for our son. He actually had to go to the medical facility the second day in a wheelchair because he was so weak. This is a guy who works out all the time and has energy to spare on a daily basis. I was soooo worried.

The cruise BEFORE the Norovirus was wonderful. Spending time with our good friends who sailed with us was wonderful. I just feel like we lost a LOT of quality time. Sigh!

Ohhhh, I am so sorry to hear that.:( We have had people in our groups get Norovirus but not us. That is a real bummer of a situation, I am sorry for all of you, especially your son. Did you hear about other cases when on the ship?

We love traveling with others (extended family and friends) and do it almost every cruise.

Hey everybody.....Merry Christmas!!!!

Yes, Jim ... A lot of people were sick. It was soooo strange since I've never dealt with anything like this. The crew worked sooooo hard. They were constantly cleaning and fogging everything. It definitely ruined several days for us, and we felt soooo bad for our son. The ship, of course, was beautiful and the good days were great. The weather was absolutely perfect, and the ship was decorated for Christmas, which I loved. Norovirus is NOT fun, though.

Then we picked our two poodle babies up when we got back and found our little one had two fractures in her jaw!!!!!!!!!!!! This week has been absolute nightmare, but I've been taking care of her constantly like a newborn and praying for the best.

So ..... other than all THAT ... now it is Christmas Eve, and I have been cooking since 7:00 this morning. The house smells wonderful, and I'm trying to have a great holiday.

Merry Christmas to you and your family and everyone on our little audiobook board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn

Yes, Jim ... A lot of people were sick. It was soooo strange since I've never dealt with anything like this. The crew worked sooooo hard. They were constantly cleaning and fogging everything. It definitely ruined several days for us, and we felt soooo bad for our son. The ship, of course, was beautiful and the good days were great. The weather was absolutely perfect, and the ship was decorated for Christmas, which I loved. Norovirus is NOT fun, though.

Then we picked our two poodle babies up when we got back and found our little one had two fractures in her jaw!!!!!!!!!!!! This week has been absolute nightmare, but I've been taking care of her constantly like a newborn and praying for the best.

So ..... other than all THAT ... now it is Christmas Eve, and I have been cooking since 7:00 this morning. The house smells wonderful, and I'm trying to have a great holiday.

Merry Christmas to you and your family and everyone on our little audiobook board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn

Wow that was a memorable cruise. Sorry to hear about your dog as well WOW!!! We were on an Alaskan cruise after they had an outbreak. Thye delayed boarding for about 4 hours. Then for everytihng at the buffet, the staff handed you everything. You could tell they were trying very hard.

Wow that was a memorable cruise. Sorry to hear about your dog as well WOW!!! We were on an Alaskan cruise after they had an outbreak. Thye delayed boarding for about 4 hours. Then for everytihng at the buffet, the staff handed you everything. You could tell they were trying very hard.

Yes, the crew were amazing, but there were still an awful lot of sick people that I ran into ... including at the medical facility. It was scary. We had a few very rough days.

And my poor poodle baby. Of course her mommy (ME) is pampering her 24/7.

Soooooooooooooooooooooo, other than all of the above we're doing okay now.

How was YOUR Christmas???

Yes, the crew were amazing, but there were still an awful lot of sick people that I ran into ... including at the medical facility. It was scary. We had a few very rough days.

And my poor poodle baby. Of course her mommy (ME) is pampering her 24/7.

Soooooooooooooooooooooo, other than all of the above we're doing okay now.

How was YOUR Christmas???

Very nice, got to spend it with the three grad daughters. We really had fun, everyone to our house (and we have a crew) for Christmas eve and then we went to Long Island on Christmas day. Glad your doing OK now.

Very nice, got to spend it with the three grad daughters. We really had fun, everyone to our house (and we have a crew) for Christmas eve and then we went to Long Island on Christmas day. Glad your doing OK now.

Thanks, Jim. Yes, we're hanging in there and hopefully doing better than last week. I do feel we need to start thinking about another cruise at least by summertime so I can have something fun to anticipate. We'll see AFTER our puppy gets better. Right now that's first and foremost in my mind.

I'm glad to hear you had a nice Christmas. Ours was way too quiet, but at least things are picking up around here <g>.

Thanks, Jim. Yes, we're hanging in there and hopefully doing better than last week. I do feel we need to start thinking about another cruise at least by summertime so I can have something fun to anticipate. We'll see AFTER our puppy gets better. Right now that's first and foremost in my mind.

I'm glad to hear you had a nice Christmas. Ours was way too quiet, but at least things are picking up around here <g>.

Scheduling another cruise (even if far out) always seems to keep it flowing for me. We only have one scheduled for August so far:( as we have two weddings to pay for next year. I keep trying to slide another one in....no luck so far.

Scheduling another cruise (even if far out) always seems to keep it flowing for me. We only have one scheduled for August so far:( as we have two weddings to pay for next year. I keep trying to slide another one in....no luck so far.

I'm confused. Didn't all your daughters get married in the same year? Or was it they got engaged in the same year?

I'm not sure whether we'll be scheduling one for May or not, but I would LIKE to go back on Liberty of the Seas at the end of May, if possible. We all LOVE that ship and the crew soooooo much. We'll see.

Our friends that cruised with us would like us to cruise with them on Princess this year, so that's a possibility, too. I have NEVER been on Princess. How about your?

I'm confused. Didn't all your daughters get married in the same year? Or was it they got engaged in the same year?

I'm not sure whether we'll be scheduling one for May or not, but I would LIKE to go back on Liberty of the Seas at the end of May, if possible. We all LOVE that ship and the crew soooooo much. We'll see.

Our friends that cruised with us would like us to cruise with them on Princess this year, so that's a possibility, too. I have NEVER been on Princess. How about your?

We have 5 kids. Three got engaged and married within a year (you remember the Rachel Ray story), these are the last two. I have never cruised Princess but have toured several of their ships. They are very nice, a little pricey, but nice.

I love my audio books. After being on the computer with work 8 hours+ it is nice to rest the eyes. I belong to audible.com and love it. It does alow you to download the books in different formats. You can also listen to a sample to see if the readers voice is one you want to listen too. I will say the best book I have got on audible is "Boom" by Tom Browka(sp). I have listened to this one several times and everytime catch something I hadn't caught before.

MP3 players. I now have my 4th one. The first was a creative stone and I do still use it and do like it just needed more space. It is my smallest and is great for taking the dog for a walk. I also won one that was an off brand. It showed me you do need to stick to the ones designed for the use you want it for. The 3rd is an Ipod and I think it is great for music but not as great for my books.

The newest is a creative zen. It is great. It does bookmark and allows for multiple book marks on multiple books. The battery life on it is great. It also allows you to increase storage size with an SD card. I have now got hooked on some free pod casts on Itunes. I like the ones from public radio. I also have acess to audio books with my library. This is a very nice service but the books do expire so need to listen to those first.

I love my audio books. After being on the computer with work 8 hours+ it is nice to rest the eyes. I belong to audible.com and love it. It does alow you to download the books in different formats. You can also listen to a sample to see if the readers voice is one you want to listen too. I will say the best book I have got on audible is "Boom" by Tom Browka(sp). I have listened to this one several times and everytime catch something I hadn't caught before.

MP3 players. I now have my 4th one. The first was a creative stone and I do still use it and do like it just needed more space. It is my smallest and is great for taking the dog for a walk. I also won one that was an off brand. It showed me you do need to stick to the ones designed for the use you want it for. The 3rd is an Ipod and I think it is great for music but not as great for my books.

The newest is a creative zen. It is great. It does bookmark and allows for multiple book marks on multiple books. The battery life on it is great. It also allows you to increase storage size with an SD card. I have now got hooked on some free pod casts on Itunes. I like the ones from public radio. I also have acess to audio books with my library. This is a very nice service but the books do expire so need to listen to those first.

Welcome to the blog.

Seems like you are deep into audio books as are we. Feel free to bring up any topics you like. What kids of audio books you listen to, favorite narrators etc. My main source is several libraries and I have an account with simplyaudiobooks.com as well. Several of us also have Kindles (or similar).

Jim

Welcome to the blog.

Seems like you are deep into audio books as are we. Feel free to bring up any topics you like. What kids of audio books you listen to, favorite narrators etc. My main source is several libraries and I have an account with simplyaudiobooks.com as well. Several of us also have Kindles (or similar).

Jim

Or Sony (or similar) <g>

Hey everyone, happy New Year! Just finished Stephen King "Under the Dome" (I know he is not on your fav list Lynn:D). Pretty long (30 CD's), good but not his best work. He sure does tell a good story though. Started Robert Crais "The Monkey's Raincoat" this morning.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Everyone,

I'm just checking in here since it has been awhile.

What has everyone been reading?

I've been all over the place, literally. I've been reading some recommendations from friends. Here goes:

Susan Grant's Otherwordly series - futuristic romance, sci-fi-ish. Very good.

Dorothy Howell - Handbags and Homicide. Cute and funny.

Nora Roberts - Bed of Roses. Light and romantic.

Carrie Karasyov and Jill Kargman - Wolves in Chic Clothing. Funny.

Okay, lots of light reading ... but fun.

BTW, JIM: Did you see that Robert Parker died yesterday? Wow!!!!

Hi, Everyone,

I'm just checking in here since it has been awhile.

What has everyone been reading?

I've been all over the place, literally. I've been reading some recommendations from friends. Here goes:

Susan Grant's Otherwordly series - futuristic romance, sci-fi-ish. Very good.

Dorothy Howell - Handbags and Homicide. Cute and funny.

Nora Roberts - Bed of Roses. Light and romantic.

Carrie Karasyov and Jill Kargman - Wolves in Chic Clothing. Funny.

Okay, lots of light reading ... but fun.

BTW, JIM: Did you see that Robert Parker died yesterday? Wow!!!!

Funny you should mention it. I read it in the paper last night and made a mental note to discuss here today. I have been listening to a couple you would not be interested in, Dean Koontz and Stephen King and some Robert Crais novels as well.

I finished listening to New York by Edward Rutherford. It was very good, lots of History. Started out with the different tribes of Indians and the first American settlers Scots french and the Brits. How the constitution was formed the wars with England and civil war. Lots of neat characters in the book. I really enjoyed it.

I have listened to the first two books by Diane Gabaldon the Outlander and Voyager. Which one is next. I am now reading the last coyote by Michael Connely a little break from the long books. I really want to finish Diane Gabaldons books I really like them. Donna

I finished listening to New York by Edward Rutherford. It was very good, lots of History. Started out with the different tribes of Indians and the first American settlers Scots french and the Brits. How the constitution was formed the wars with England and civil war. Lots of neat characters in the book. I really enjoyed it.

I have listened to the first two books by Diane Gabaldon the Outlander and Voyager. Which one is next. I am now reading the last coyote by Michael Connely a little break from the long books. I really want to finish Diane Gabaldons books I really like them. Donna

Hi, Donna,

I downloaded New York on to my Kindle ereader and read a few chapters. I think I'm going to enjoy this book a lot since I'm a former New Yorker and always a New Yorker at heart. I'm going to try to read it little by little (at least at the beginning while it's full of history) and also read a light, fun book at the same time. That's on my Kindle, at least.

I am still listening to Burn by Linda Howard as an audiobook. I got this one from my library because it takes place on a cruise ship and I'm a cruise addict <g>. However, so far I'm not totally impressed with it. I'll listen to it because I want to find out what happens, but the book is so-so, in my opinion.

I really enjoy Michael Connelly.