Vacuum Seal bags

Marion

HATE them. Absolutely hate them.

Firstly, because you can fit so much more in your suitcase you pack more and your suitcase weighs a ton.

After you unpack, everything is wrinkled as hell and it is like a clothes explosion happened because you've packed so much.

I threw them away as soon as I got home.

HATE them. Absolutely hate them.

Firstly, because you can fit so much more in your suitcase you pack more and your suitcase weighs a ton.

After you unpack, everything is wrinkled as hell and it is like a clothes explosion happened because you've packed so much.

I threw them away as soon as I got home.

RIGHT ON!!!

The only reason I see to use them is to take them along in case you buy lots of things along the way and can't fit everything back in your suitcase.

RIGHT ON!!!

The only reason I see to use them is to take them along in case you buy lots of things along the way and can't fit everything back in your suitcase.

Excellent idea iheartda , i never thought of that. I wouldnt use them for packing outbound but think i might take some along for the reason you raised.... Thanks for that!

I have some non-vacuum bags--I only use for non-cruise trips when I am packing my down pillow. Honestly, I don't need to use a bag (I could scrunch the pillow and use ties or rubber bands to keep it small) but it's very "downy" and sometimes sheds so I like to isolate it from my clothing. I don't use the bags for clothing at all.

I use the large ziploc bags & squeeze the air out. If you roll them up & pack them tightly, they usually aren't wrinkled... well, unless they started out that way :D

I have to admit, they do allow me to add more weight to my suitcase than i should... i like to transfer some of my things to my DH's luggage so HE goes over the limit ;)

I haven't used the vacuum kind, but I have used the roll-up type for things like underwear, pajamas, bathing suits...things I don't miind wrinkled or the wrinkles will come out as soon as you put it on.

I have to say that is was a rather pricey experiment. I don't remember exactly what I paid, I think it was close to $20 for 3 bags and they worked maybe 2-3 times each. Since then, I still vacuum pack underwear, but I simply use Ziploc bags 2 and a half gallon size from Target.

The vacuum bags have a place in the world, but not necessarily for travel. They are great for storing blankets, pillows, stuffed animals you cant part with.

If you invest instead in a couple of packing folders and cubes, those assist you in packing with little wrinkling, orgainze beautifully and compress clothes to make better space in your suitcase. And....if you take good care of them you only have to buy them once. I use 2-3 folders and 3-4 small cubes to pack both my husband and myself, spread between 2 suitcases.

I haven't used the vacuum kind, but I have used the roll-up type for things like underwear, pajamas, bathing suits...things I don't miind wrinkled or the wrinkles will come out as soon as you put it on.

I have to say that is was a rather pricey experiment. I don't remember exactly what I paid, I think it was close to $20 for 3 bags and they worked maybe 2-3 times each. Since then, I still vacuum pack underwear, but I simply use Ziploc bags 2 and a half gallon size from Target.

The vacuum bags have a place in the world, but not necessarily for travel. They are great for storing blankets, pillows, stuffed animals you cant part with.

If you invest instead in a couple of packing folders and cubes, those assist you in packing with little wrinkling, orgainze beautifully and compress clothes to make better space in your suitcase. And....if you take good care of them you only have to buy them once. I use 2-3 folders and 3-4 small cubes to pack both my husband and myself, spread between 2 suitcases.

Those eventually "go bad" as well. Nothing like opening a closet and being attacked by all the comforters and pillows that are now "free".:eek:

Thanks so much for your input. I not going to use those bags. Too bad I did not save my receipt so I can return 2 boxes to Walgreens. Maybe I can give them away or use around the house. Dry Cleaning Plastic bags always work good for the hanging clothes and I like Ziploc bags for the small stuff.

Thanks so much for your input. I not going to use those bags. Too bad I did not save my receipt so I can return 2 boxes to Walgreens. Maybe I can give them away or use around the house. Dry Cleaning Plastic bags always work good for the hanging clothes and I like Ziploc bags for the small stuff.

They would be great to store off season clothes, at least for 2 or maybe 3 seasons :)

We bought the roll up bags for using on a return trip-butttttt..... my husband was the kind of guy who decided he could pack the most stuff into one of them and roll it up. I'm in the other room and hear a big BANG! And there went that experiment in packing. :o

Hahahahah!! :D:D

We bought the roll up bags for using on a return trip-butttttt..... my husband was the kind of guy who decided he could pack the most stuff into one of them and roll it up. I'm in the other room and hear a big BANG! And there went that experiment in packing. :o

Our DH's must be related.

Archived