First HAL REVIEW WESTERDAM 10/21/07

CruiseGem

;) ;) Hi all hal ,, Cruise lovers !! I just returned from my first ever HAL cruise I am not new to cruising though since this was cruise 21 for me most have been on RCCL or Princess I arrived at 12:30 and did not wait in line at all we were allowed in our room at about 1:00 pm and we recieved a 2 catagory upgrade to the highest balcony level before a suite HELLO! HAL!!!! I mean if you want to kiss up to me this is the way to go about it. I know that RCCL AND PRINCESS NEVER FEEL THE DESIRE since the sign is always out to assure you all the rooms are full :D I however did not think the buffet was very good and throughout the cruise it did not improve The entertainment was good and I think was as good as im used to on other lines The service was I think what sets them apart Im a nurse and I noticed that the staff really did almost become caretakers of the many elderly on board The best service I have seen on any ship!! The dining room was just ok the food could have been better ,The pinnicle Grill was fantastic! well worth the pricy 30.OO The pools only 2 were not places where anything happened music for one hour!!! well what can I SAY we found the other young people on board and partied in our rooms maybe a good thing to make friends ! the Itinerary was wonderful to GRAND TURK tortolla ,virgin gorda st martin all said very quiet Criuise but very plesant

When I was on the Westerdam in Europe this year there were cherry tomotoes at the salad bar. I wonder is this was just a weird cruise for tomatoes????

The sugar free deserts were is a glass display case next to where you order your ice cream on the starboard side of the ship (just past the pizza/pasta station). Check there the next time.

Cruise Gem,

Thanks for the additional info. I've always found the opposite situation - too much to pick from in the Lido. I have a hard time limiting myself to a normal size breakfast or lunch. I want to taste it all! :D

As Betonic pointed out, HAL is very good about accomodating diabetics and those who want to limit their sugar intake. Did you not see see the sugar free display case or was it just not there?

Maybe they couldn't get tomatoes, or someone forgot to order them, or just didn't put them out? Did you ask any of the Lido staff for tomatoes or sugar free desserts?

Roz

Archived