eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww

Carol, your title got my attention. I saw this on the local news the other night. I will never use a glass again in a hotel. I think that they should all go to the wrapped plastic cups. Of course this is not only happening here in the Atlanta area. It's enough to make anyone think twice no matter where you are. Nasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

All I can say is we should all be dead by now as much traveling as we all do. Not going to let it bother me too much.

This from someone that on a canoe trip to Canada when I was in the Explorer Scouts stirred the kool aid (referred to as bug juice) with a canoe paddle and made pie dough on the bottom of a canoe.

Thanks to Cruise Critic I faithfully shake the headboard of any hotel bed and then closely inspect the seams of the mattresses:eek: Now I have a new job to do as I enter the room.

We will NOT be using any glasses, just bottled or canned for us, after we wipe down EVERYTHING!

And to think that I had vague negative thoughts when I checked into a Comfort Suites in College Park, Maryland a couple of weeks ago when I saw plastic, wrapped-in-cellophane "glasses" in the bathroom.

NOW I am glad! ;) :eek: :)

Wow! Guess I'll have to pack a small bottle of dish detergent and bring a clean dish towel to wash out my glasses everyday, being as no one else will, evidently. Now I wonder what else is neglected. I have long wondered how well are our showers and tubs really cleaned by stewards. I mean they hardly have time to be thorough in all they do. I guess their main job is to make the room LOOK clean, not necessarily BE clean.:eek:

Come to think of it, it might be easier just to bring a package of Dixie cups.

Eeewwwww is right :eek: . I'm happy that I don't drink soft drinks and stick to my bottled water. I do use their coffee cups, though! I think a tiny bottle of dishsoap with an antibacterial agent is going to be a part of my standard toiletry kit!

I know I shouldn't fear travel and life on the road, but I have come back from trips and gotten sick within a couple days of our return. I've always put it down to the stress of travel, changes in weather, tired etc... it could actually be from germs in a hotel room :rolleyes: .

saw this on another thread here somewhere...keep in mind that this was a narrow survey...not all hotels/cruise lines are guilty of this...it just depends on how stringent a hotels cleaning standards are...I can say with the most certainty that this doesnt occur at the hotel we work at

If you actually watch the entire news report, they say, "Did you ever SEE clean glasses on that housekeeper's cart?" Well, no I haven't, and didn't think of it, but now I know why.

I DO see glasses on the RC stewards' carts.

So I am good on my cruise.

Not so sure about the night before, though! ;) :D

I am pretty sure I have seen trays with clean glasses in the hallways on Splendour and Rhapsody. But what a good question for the Hotel manager next week on Jewel. Thanks Carol.

I know on the Mariner, there is a door opposite 1688 on deck ten marked "dish room" or something similar to that. Hopefully there is a dishwasher in there too for washing all the glasses for that deck. Not sure if anyone has seen a similar room on other decks.

Archived