eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww

Yeah, when I was on my last cruise in April aboard the Explorer Of The Seas I took a lint roller to the carpet of my cabin. I rolled the lint roller back and forth about 3 times and the tape of the lint roller was filled with dirt and tons of hairs! It was disgusting! I took a few pictures of the lint roller and I’ll try and post them tomorrow!

......or NOT! :eek:

In bad taste but funny!!!

By the way, every time I am on a cruise ship I get the soda package. Everytime I get that tall mug. Everytime I wish I brought dish detergent to clean it. Everytime I promise to write it down to remember for next time. Every "next time" I forget to bring dish detergent. If you brought a little of that you could wash it yourself and be sure it was clean.

At least you know that you are the only one who has drunk from your soda cup though. Although I used the shower gel dispenser to wash the soda cups and lots of other things (like clothes).

I think I will refrain from telling my friend about the glass issue. She has OCD and has enough on her plate when she stay's in hotels and cruise ships. She ALWAYS wears socks in the room and brings Lysol and tons of wipes to wipe everything off, tears down the bedspread......basically goes nuts. This will just freak her out! (I always put our toothbrushes in the glasses :eek:)

I heard a great travel tip the other day! You can use the plastic bag that comes over the disposable glasses as a clear "cover" for the TV remote. You can just slide the remote in and push the buttons through the plastic! :D :D

I heard a great travel tip the other day! You can use the plastic bag that comes over the disposable glasses as a clear "cover" for the TV remote. You can just slide the remote in and push the buttons through the plastic! :D :D

remote control condoms!!!!!!! :eek: :D :D :D

You realize now that I don't want to touch anything in my hotel room Saturday night?:p It was to be a glorious night all by myself (!) with no kids and no husband. *sigh* Now all I'll be thinking of is what germ is lurking where.:rolleyes:

Well, at least you won't be alone. LOL. :D

Ok, as scary as that was, did anyone click on the story about the demon showing up in the picture??:eek: :eek: As for the hotel glasses, I will never be able to use another one again unless it is the individually wrapped!! I really tried NOT to watch the video, but the ewwwwwww in the title won out!!:D I was forced to watch it after THAT!!;)

Ewwwwww is right. I've always suspected that's what happens because that is exactly how I clean the glasses in the hutch that never get used. :eek:

At least on the ship you know that you are the only one drinking out of the glasses as I'm sure that they are at least sanitized at the beginning of each cruise. With all the worries the cruiselines have with illnesses on board, I would trust them to do right by us at least glass wise. As for the carpets, ewwwwwww again. If you've ever made the mistake of walking on them barefoot, you can just feel the sludge. I always assumed it was soap residue until until I ran my hand along the surface. I don't have black hair. :eek:

During a really rough cruise I fell and split my lip in the cabin. Really badly. It was 3am and we didn't want to bother anyone so my husband attempted to clean the blood from the carpet with the towels. Aside from the blood, the towels were BLACK.

Ewwwwww is right. I've always suspected that's what happens because that is exactly how I clean the glasses in the hutch that never get used. :eek:

At least on the ship you know that you are the only one drinking out of the glasses as I'm sure that they are at least sanitized at the beginning of each cruise. With all the worries the cruiselines have with illnesses on board, I would trust them to do right by us at least glass wise. As for the carpets, ewwwwwww again. If you've ever made the mistake of walking on them barefoot, you can just feel the sludge. I always assumed it was soap residue until until I ran my hand along the surface. I don't have black hair. :eek:

During a really rough cruise I fell and split my lip in the cabin. Really badly. It was 3am and we didn't want to bother anyone so my husband attempted to clean the blood from the carpet with the towels. Aside from the blood, the towels were BLACK.

earlier on her I posted about my friend who wears sock in the hotel and cabin rooms. Well, she got me talked into it about 3 years ago and when I hear things like this it makes me know I am doing the right thing! It may be 100 degrees in August on the cruise, but I will wear those socks in my room no matter what! :eek::D

We always take our cups for the cabin and sometimes take styrofoam cups. I will always take my own disposable cup now. That was really gross and makes me wonder what else they are doing we havent seen yet.

This story is getting a lot of play on another forum that I also read and uh... well...er... there is this poster that used to be an assistant manager in a hotel and he said never use the ice buckets, as you'd be surprised how often people vomit in them! :eek:

That's it for me, no glasses and no ice buckets from now on.

This story is getting a lot of play on another forum that I also read and uh... well...er... there is this poster that used to be an assistant manager in a hotel and he said never use the ice buckets, as you'd be surprised how often people vomit in them! :eek:

That's it for me, no glasses and no ice buckets from now on.

usually they have the plastic liners that go inside the bucket. If they don't, I ask house cleaning to bring me one asap!

By the way, is anybody's mouth watering right about now? I think my dinner is about to make another appearance !:eek::o:D

OK - some perspective.

I have questions.

How long have we been traveling? How often have we stayed in a hotel/motel room? How many days have we spent in a ship cabin?

How often have we gotten sick when we did? Shouldn't we all be dead?

Based on the news reports by the media, aren't we going to get the norovirus every time we set foot on a ship?

Look what happened to Howard Hughes.

Just thought I'd ask.

OK - some perspective.

I have questions.

How long have we been traveling? How often have we stayed in a hotel/motel room? How many days have we spent in a ship cabin?

How often have we gotten sick when we did? Shouldn't we all be dead?

Based on the news reports by the media, aren't we going to get the norovirus every time we set foot on a ship?

Look what happened to Howard Hughes.

Just thought I'd ask.

Paul, I use hotels for travel on both business/vacation and I have never given much thought about those glasses and I don't know about you but I would never go up to the Windjammer and pick up a used glass off a table and refill it with something to drink. To me this is the same thing. I don't want to drink after someone with a dirty glass that has not been properly washed. I'm sure that in my life I have dined at places that I'm glad I did not know what was going on in the kitchen but I now know about this.

Just another black eye for Atlanta. Nice to have a capitol that sets the standard for the rest of the state :mad:

Knowing Atlanta Fox-4's penchant for airing 'hit pieces', I wonder how many maids were actually doing the job right and exchanging glassware. You'd never see this reported. . . :rolleyes:

Oh yeah. . . "EEEEEEEWWWWWWWW!!!!!!" "Wheres an icebucket?"

Archived