Live from the Sun Princess

gooch47

you're a bloody wealth of information Geoff ! :)

cheers

ness

Thanks everyone, Still not sure whether to do it or not with all the closures but would rather that than lose a leg or arm or body !! Maybe jumping croc tour is the go? Kerrie

Kerrie

The croc jumping cruise is fantastic - I would highly recommend it!!! But again it is very dependant on our weather normally the rivers are closed to boating in the top end from end December to end january due to flooding. But March should be ok - it really depends on how many cyclones and tropical lows we get over the dec-feb period as to whether it will be offered. We have already had some flooding this year - around Darwin and central arnhem and we haven't had any cyclones yet!

hope I am not putting a dampener on you plans but I thought you would like to know what can happen.

Rach

I have just read through this thread. Linda, I am sorry that you have problems on your cruise. Glad you have enjoyed some of the sights of our wonderful country.

Henry.... Our friend had a green one of those and his name was Kermit.

I have sent a link to Gooch's lingo thread to a few of the American Ccers on our next cruise. Another one I heard this morning is "What a shocker" which I can't even work out how to explain!!!

I have sent a link to Gooch's lingo thread to a few of the American Ccers on our next cruise. Another one I heard this morning is "What a shocker" which I can't even work out how to explain!!!

Maybe, as in having a Barry Crocker, one of them days you can't seem to do anything right. (Having a shocker)

Cheers

Geoff

Things have straightened out somewhat. For some reason there was a note in the Patter apologizing for sending out Captain Circles packets too soon to all new Princess cruisers on board. Don't know why that would be a problem. Our table mates insist they got a "coupon book" along with an apology and an bottle of wine because it should have been delivered the first day. We just asked the Purser's desk. They swore there was no coupon book. We'll have to find out, I guess.

A lot of colds on board. Even the Cruise Director was very sick for a few days.

Yesterday was Broome. I was fascinated by the red soil. We visited a Pearl Diving museum and a Croc preserve. Not as much fun seeing the crocs in cages as seeing them live. We visited Cable Beach. There was some very spectacular scenery further along the peninsula. A very HOT but enjoyable day.

We missed Exmouth today. Too rough to tender in. I was looking forward to that one, too.

We're really rocking and rolling tonight. I don't know how those dancers manage to stay on their feet.

Was this cruise marketed as a "back to back" for Aussies? About 200 passengers will be disembarking at Fremantle and a new 200 getting on. The cruise director is leaving us then, too. Too bad. I really like him.

The Duty Free shops are mysteriously opening, too. I wonder if they struck some deal with the customs people?

We missed Exmouth today. Too rough to tender in. I was looking forward to that one, too.

We're really rocking and rolling tonight. I don't know how those dancers manage to stay on their feet.

Was this cruise marketed as a "back to back" for Aussies? About 200 passengers will be disembarking at Fremantle and a new 200 getting on. The cruise director is leaving us then, too. Too bad. I really like him.

The Duty Free shops are mysteriously opening, too. I wonder if they struck some deal with the customs people?

Hi Linda,

Was watching the deckcam this afternoon as you bobbed up and down. A real pity you had to miss Exmouth. There are a couple of really special looking tours there. Hopefully you will get into Fremantle a bit earlier for some extra shore time.

Not aware of a full back to back being offered, except that the following 14 day NZ one was packaged with the current one as a 42 day B2B.

Who is the departing CD, and do you know who will be coming onboard?

Cheers

Geoff

Yes, they were offering 1/2 circumnavigation fly/cruise packages from the east coast.. So you'll see some passengers get off in Fremantle and fly back east, to be replaced by others who'll fly out and do the other half.

Regarding the duty free - maybe they've followed a path down the west coast that's taken you out of Australian waters, making it an 'international' cruise which would allow the sale of duty free?

My (sorta) inlaws are on this cruise. It's been interesting reading this thread to see how it's going. They are from Seattle, Washington - Paula and Kerry. Paula is probably hanging out at a bridge table somewhere and Kerry is probably deckside taking pictures. I hope you are all having a great time and I appreciate all the commentary from the 'locals'.

I thought that the ships could dock at Exmouth?

I must have been thinking of Broome.Went back and searched out the thread on Pacific Princess Around Australia and she did anchor off shore and tender in .

Heres her cam from that day......

pa_bridge6.jpg?t=1173828249

David.

Karon,

My real pic :eek: is in my user profile.

Cheers

Geoff

You mean THAT isnt your real picture.

I vote we get you banned from CC for false representation, especially when we have so many beautiful women on board here:D :D

Star-Man well she is moving a bit slower than the PP did, so the little video should be good Im set up to try and catch her arrival on the fremantle harbour cam.

Looking forward to the video Star Man.

Looks like they have great weather.

Welcome to Perth

2005670334922788896_rs.jpg

2005615013496084673_rs.jpg

Archived