Dining Arrangement Mishap! Please advise.

JennAngel9

We told our TA, and our TA swore they told Cunard, that we wanted a table for 2 in the Princess grill on QM2 back in July. I just logged into the cruise personalizer and it said that we requested a table for 8 and that our request had been confirmed!

I am in a bit of a panic as this is supposed to be the 2nd 1/2 of our honeymoon and my husband does not like to share tables. Our cruise is now only 3 months away. As a first-time cunarder, I am uncertain of the best way to proceed. Do we have any chance of getting a table for 2 at this point and what would be the best way to do so?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can provide!

Call your TA. He/she probably did tell Cunard what you wanted, but Cunard makes mistakes.

If your TA won't call Cunard for you, then you should call them. Have your booking number ready when you call. And make sure they know it's your honeymoon and it's important to you.

When you get on board, there will be a card with your dining table number with various other bits of paper in your cabin. Check your table. If you still didn't get your 2, talk to the maitre'd right away.

Congratulations, and enjoy the cruise!

Kathy

Try emailing the ship. QE2 is qe2@cunard.com, so presumably you'll need qm2@cunard.com.

Subject line - FAO Maitre'D Princess Grill.

Explain the problem.

Cunard shoreside don't do the table allocations - they are done on board. So by contacting the ship ahead of time, you should be okay.

I can't promise of course. And don't ignore the sensible advice above. DO both.

Matthew

Thank you both for your help! I have called the cruise line and they claim it is fixed (showing that I have requested a table for 2) but that it cannot be confirmed until we sail.

Is emailing the ship directly 3 months out likely to be helpful or should I wait until closer to the sail date?

I am in a bit of a panic as this is supposed to be the 2nd 1/2 of our honeymoon and my husband does not like to share tables. Our cruise is now only 3 months away. ...

You may unpanic immediately; if Cunard doesn't fix this in three months, the maitre d' will fix it in three seconds - maitre d's are trained to get all mushy over honeymooners. BTW, congratulations!

Paul

Thank you both for your help! I have called the cruise line and they claim it is fixed (showing that I have requested a table for 2) but that it cannot be confirmed until we sail.

Is emailing the ship directly 3 months out likely to be helpful or should I wait until closer to the sail date?

Whilst Paul is right, the restaurant will have a book with requests for future cruises.

All restaurants on QE2 do, at least.

Matthew

Thanks Paul. :) So far we have had good luck with switching to tables for 2 at the last moment, but often the nicest ones go before we've arrived on board, and I had no idea how accommodating Cunard is (or isn't). I am glad to hear they are capable of fulfilling last minute requests and am feeling much calmer.

So, the bad news is that qm2@cunard.com was an undeliverable address. Does anyone have any guesses what the correct email might be or where I might find it?

I don't I'm afraid. We'll have to go back to basics. Someone who is on the ship before then can leave a message, or you can rely on Cunard.

Alternatively you could write to the ship.

Matthew

First, call Cunard and tell them you want the table size changed on the voyage personalizer. Then, a few weeks before sailing send a LETTER ( not an email ) to Cunard Valencia customer relations telling them you would like a table for two and the general are of the grill you prefer. They will forward the PG Maitre d' the info a couple of weeks prior to your sailing.

This has never failed for us. Let me know what happens.

Patricia.

I would not get too worried about this. A similar thing happened to us (without the honeymoon) but when we got on board, we found we had been assigned an excellent table for two. The voyage personliser seems to be a work of fiction on this matter. Just check with the maitre when you board.

We told our TA, and our TA swore they told Cunard, that we wanted a table for 2 in the Princess grill on QM2 back in July. I just logged into the cruise personalizer and it said that we requested a table for 8 and that our request had been confirmed!

I am in a bit of a panic as this is supposed to be the 2nd 1/2 of our honeymoon and my husband does not like to share tables. Our cruise is now only 3 months away. As a first-time cunarder, I am uncertain of the best way to proceed. Do we have any chance of getting a table for 2 at this point and what would be the best way to do so?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can provide!

Please don't worry, the same thing happened to us & the maitre'd had it sorted straight away.

For emails I've always gone to the 'contact us' page on Cunard's website & have had any query answered. If you are in the UK, the lovely Lesley Cardy will soon have your request sorted out within a couple of days.

Good luck,

Sharon

Archived