For All You Anti-socials In The Garden/courtyard Villas...

BEAV

If it was me in a Courtyard Villa or Garden Villa, It would not be to get away from the masses....it would be a once in a lifetime experience to be treated like a queen for a short period of time. Then back to the usual way of life. It seems to me that it is question of what will the market bear..if people are willing to pay, the cruise lines will be willing to provide. Many times it is not something that the consumer planned, but what the cruise line offered as an upsale that was too good to turn down. Just give me a chance to upsale for a reasonable price and I will invite the masses to come party.

Hi,

you must be right, no way is courtyard vill 4500 for 2. If so, I'm signing up.!!

A3 CV Gem TA 9n $2kpp 3/4 for the kiddies room $129 + tax $64pp. 7 of hte 8 available this morning and three weeks to go.

They probably ment $4.5kPP for the regular 7n trips..

If somone will tell me where I can book an A3 for $4500/couple, I'll be eternally grateful - and pulling out my plastic so fast by wallet will burn!

We've had the pleasure of sailing in one on the Pearl last April and now, I'm hoping my bonus this year is XTRA big so that DH and I can do another 9-day in an A3!

It truly is an incredible experience - like being on a private yacht and now our only problem is we will never want less:D .

If somone will tell me where I can book an A3 for $4500/couple, I'll be eternally grateful - and pulling out my plastic so fast by wallet will burn!

We've had the pleasure of sailing in one on the Pearl last April and now, I'm hoping my bonus this year is XTRA big so that DH and I can do another 9-day in an A3!

It truly is an incredible experience - like being on a private yacht and now our only problem is we will never want less:D .

Just go to the NCL site. The 12/3 Barcelona to Boston is going for $1999 per person and there appear to be 6 out of 8 of them left as of now (Sunday, 11/11, 7:48pm).

Just remember the deposit for the AA, A4, A3, A2 and A1's has gone up quite a bit. I cannot remember how much, but 50% keeps coming to mind along with a penalty for canceling.

I do not book the Garden Villa to get away from everybody. It is booked based on the space we want to have. With the exception of our current trip we always took family members along. The cost of putting everyone up in separate suites was not that cost effective for us. Cabins on the 14 or 15th floor are generally much quieter and people who pay for these rooms are entitled to the perks because they pay a significantly higher price to have them.

We've heard many rude comments from passengers in the elevators when they couldn't get to the higher decks without swiping a room key. We used to stop one level down and walk up the stairs. If you want to treat yourself to the higher end category - go for it - don't let anyone make you feel guilty for being there. Staying in the courtyard villas, owner's suites, or Garden villa does not make you better than the person who wants to have a different cabin category, nor does it mean you are a snob.

It does make me wonder where the NY Times got the pricing - maybe they were looking at the current sales as the cruise is closer to sailing when the prices drop.

We've heard many rude comments from passengers in the elevators when they couldn't get to the higher decks without swiping a room key. We used to stop one level down and walk up the stairs.

I am new to this. My husband, children and I love to travel. I always feel like we should wake up early and explore when we are travelling. It is ingrained in my genes. My husband and I have agreed that it is necessary for us to relax for a change and for that reason we have toyed with taking a cruise.

After reading negative comments about other passengers on this board I am inclined to wonder if I would be comfortable under the constant scrutiney on a cruise.

I am new to this. My husband, children and I love to travel. I always feel like we should wake up early and explore when we are travelling. It is ingrained in my genes. My husband and I have agreed that it is necessary for us to relax for a change and for that reason we have toyed with taking a cruise.

After reading negative comments about other passengers on this board I am inclined to wonder if I would be comfortable under the constant scrutiney on a cruise.

Don't worry about the negative comments; a cruise is like any other holiday - it is what you make it. When traveling anywhere you will always run across people who are rude, etc. but, the number of people that are pleasant and helpful far outnumber those that aren't. I have never felt under constant scrutiny - after all there are upwards of 2000 passengers on board and I'll never see them again (unless you meet people you want to correspond with) - so go have fun on a cruise.

It does make me wonder where the NY Times got the pricing - maybe they were looking at the current sales as the cruise is closer to sailing when the prices drop.

Would not suprise me if they did no research at all and just guessed or were told the No. by NCL.

This will get people to look at what NCL has to offer and might bring in some business, standard marketing trick, promote an editorial article.

A cruise provides an excellent environment for a relaxing time. The more you spend the better you get in general, but with flexable requirements you can often pick up some great deals.

There is a lot of choices, Line,ship,cabin etc and it can take time to find what is right for you.

NCL is definately moving to a two/three class system, you pay a lot more money and with that comes a lot of extras, the main being very spacious cabins and preferential access to facilities. only you can decide if those benifits are worth the extra cost.

The diffences in prices vary a lot between cruises and cabin grades so for NCL a very rough guide is the top balcony/mini suites will be 2X cheapest inside and the bigger suites 2X again with the top suite/villa being say 1.5X on top (per person garden villa sleeps 6+)

So for a GV you may be paying 6X the cheapest fare. thats a lot of extra cruises.

I would not worry to much about the negative comments you get all sorts but 99% of the people are great. You can if you want be almost invisible on a ship.

If you want total relaxation without the distraction of ports then the transatlantic repositioning cruises are great with the added advantage that the top cabins are available at bargain prices and because you are not getting off the ship you get maximum use of those extras. If you have time these TA crossings can be added onto a regular cruise so you still get that culture fix as well.

You will need to research to make sure you get what is best for you, but even our worst cruise was great and after over 10 years we are still looking for the perfect cruise and a lot of fun it is.

Actualy I don't think we will ever find the ultimate cruise, the offereings are changing all the time and what we like is starting to change as we get older.

Thanks. I am probably just too self conscious.:rolleyes:

Jujubean, you are being MUCH too self concious... You NEED to get that cabin, suite, GV, CV, WHATEVER you want my dear!!! dont let others dissuade you from what you want...just look at it as others being so envious/jealous, because they probably cant go to that extreme for themselves.. IM in that category. Only I love to see others happy. We will never be able to have anything like that, but we DO have a mini suite this time for the southern caribbean in jan. looking forward to it...

heck, we even have to save points for $'s off to cruise...2 have been free, except for flight. not too bad huh? :)

so, you just have what you WANT, and can HAVE in life.. ENJOY each and every day of it. dont even worry about other people on the ship. let them talk.

you will have a wonderful time no matter what ship you take.. we dont even take into consideration the ship, we just like to be ON a ship. I want to go to as many places as i can. just get on that ship and lets go..

like i said, we can only cruise for the $'s off. takes us about 2 yrs to save points. but they are free cruises!! ITS AWESOME..NCL and RCCL has the program, but with RCCL, it takes 3 times as many points as NCL. id never be able to cruise for free with RCCL.

GO, have a GREAT time. :D

swt

I do not book the Garden Villa to get away from everybody. It is booked based on the space we want to have. With the exception of our current trip we always took family members along. The cost of putting everyone up in separate suites was not that cost effective for us. Cabins on the 14 or 15th floor are generally much quieter and people who pay for these rooms are entitled to the perks because they pay a significantly higher price to have them.

We've heard many rude comments from passengers in the elevators when they couldn't get to the higher decks without swiping a room key. We used to stop one level down and walk up the stairs. If you want to treat yourself to the higher end category - go for it - don't let anyone make you feel guilty for being there. Staying in the courtyard villas, owner's suites, or Garden villa does not make you better than the person who wants to have a different cabin category, nor does it mean you are a snob. It does make me wonder where the NY Times got the pricing - maybe they were looking at the current sales as the cruise is closer to sailing when the prices drop.

We have been swmrgrl's across-14th-floor-lobby neighbor a couple of times. We have experienced the same rude comments, nasty looks and inquisitive stares from fellow passengers. We too take the stairs to avoid putting the card into the slot. We also have had to physically block the elevator doors to prevent teenagers from getting out where they have no business being, as have the cabin stewards. It's simple: we don't go to your cabin and demand entry, don't come to ours. We don't give you a dirty look for taking an inside/outside/balcony/min/penthouse or whatever cabin, don't give us one.

Oh, and for the record, a more lovely, pleasant and friendly set of neighbors we've never had, although the wedding party of 70 had some lovely people too.

Regarding courtyard villas. I think they shar a little "courtyard" with a pool. It doesn't look like they each have a pool. I would not like to be so intimate with a few people you might not like. I prefer the large open areas for lots of people. You can have privacy in your cabin. I don't think I'd ever do the cv

for that reason unless it was a great deal. AB's are great and then go where you want to be around people or not.

For me, the value of the suites is the large size, if you bring several people.

Amazing how things evolve. My 1st cruise was on the "NORWAY" about 22 years ago. Took my wife & two small children. Inside cabin w/ pull down bed & a roll away. Cut my shins on the roll away half a dozen times trying to climb over it to get to the head. The cabin was TINY but the price worked & we all had a ball. I dreamed of a porthole cabin on that cruise. Felt a little like a mushroom but spent a fabulous week with my family & met some nice people. No one looked down on me for being 4 in an inside cabin....fast forward to recent times......financially things change....kids finish college, get married have their own families. Wife & I now will not go unless we are in a suite. No nose up in the air, just feel that when we travel, we want to be comfortable. Never had anyone scowl at me for going to my suite nor have I ever looked down upon anyone entering their "inside cabin". I remember my 1st cruise and my roots. Book the cabin you feel most comfortable with and have a blast. Top or bottom it doesn't matter. We all make our own "good times" and "memories".;)

Am saving up for our A3 cabin because I want to take my elderly mother who has some trouble walking, and this way she's got space and privacy and can sit by a pool without fighting for a chair.

We sail in whatever cabin we can afford at the time. We've run the gamut from inside cabin to suites, and we're just happy we can cruise at all :)

I'm one of the lucky ones who got a upgrade offer to the GV on the Dawn........I'm not ani-social by any means........but let me tell you, the dream vacation of a lifetime!!!!! You have the best of both worlds.....can be with people when you want, and can have privacy when you want..what else can you ask for!!! And Royal treatment....I'll probably never have the opportunity again, but it was wonderful.....If you ever get a call for an upgrade, take it just once!!! It will be worth it.

About 15 years ago we had 6 people together so we got an Owners Suite. THis was the ultimate. A suite with a name. WOW. SO about the third day out some of us were sitting in the living room part of the suite with our door propped open. Didn't some guy come in with a drink in his hand and sat down in one of our chairs. He started up a conversation and looked around. I guess after he saw a bedroom he realized where he was. We saw him several times after that and had a few laughs.

I like the idea of the villas. I've not had the pleasure to stay in one yet but maybe someday. I think it is great that NCL has so many different ways to cruise.

We were so impressed last year at how the cruise is whatever you make it. If you want to live in your bathing suit, you can. You want to be dressed to the 9's, you can. The fact that NCL can mesh everything together so well will keep me and my husband coming back for years to come not to mention my parent who are on POA right now and having the best time!

Archived