Marriott Marquis vs Marriott Eastside New York

hisfirstm8

We can make reservations at either the Marriott Marquis or the Marriott Eastside in New York for our 2 night stay before our cruise. We are using Marriott rewards points and they will be the same for either hotel. Any suggestions?????

Thanks,

Barbara

We can make reservations at either the Marriott Marquis or the Marriott Eastside in New York for our 2 night stay before our cruise. We are using Marriott rewards points and they will be the same for either hotel. Any suggestions?????

Thanks,

Barbara

since the points are the same, stay at the Marquis....it is HUGE, but it is right in the middle of all the excitement of times square......the eastside is probably quieter-but if it were me, i would be at the marquis. i haven't stayed there in a while....but it's been redone and they have very cool elevators....you pick the floor you want FIRST, then it tells you what car to get in!

the broadway lounge is great for having a drink and people watching......plus if you are at least a Gold elite member you should get access to the concierge lounge, if not a room on the floor!

eastside is a little more elegant and the Marquis is ALWAYS busy, but when i worked for marriott, it was always my choice! i go once a year or so just to check it out and have a drink! if you haven't been to NY before, or haven't stayed in Times Square, i would stay here...you could go see Good Morning America across the street....plus you can see 1 times square where the ball drops.....! (can i come!?? wanna give me your extra points????) LOL

have fun.

Meg,

Thanks so much for the advice! We had booked the Eastside, but today I noticed the points for the Marquis have dropped and I love being in the middle of everything. I did read that the Eastside has had a major renovation and I don't mind walking to times square, but wanted some other opinions.....

Barbara

Meg,

Thanks so much for the advice! We had booked the Eastside, but today I noticed the points for the Marquis have dropped and I love being in the middle of everything. I did read that the Eastside has had a major renovation and I don't mind walking to times square, but wanted some other opinions.....

Barbara

i didn't see when ES was redone, but the MQ was done in 2006....Hmm...they must be slow when you are going, hence the lower points or PointSavers ( i love pointsavers!---i just had a BUNDLE of points recredited that were floating in space so i used that to pay for the new FLL Courtyard across from the beach in Jan!)

There's a bunch of eating too...just a couple doors past "GMA" is

www.virgilsbbq.com which is YUMMY and not super expensive for NYC...not cheap but, by NY standards, a very good deal...(i always bring home a big thing of pulled pork, biscuits (YUM) and something for dessert!

then across the street and down a smidge, if you like cuban is www.havanacentral.com which i thought was decent.

plus, you have all the celebrity chef places too! just pick one....one of these days i will get to one of bobby flay's restaurants!

have fun.

I'd opt for the Marquis as well. It's a great location. However, if noise from the lobby bothers you, you may want to ask for a room higher up. The lobby is on 8 and hotel rooms start on 10; I've stayed on 10, and the piano music from the lobby lounge can be heard in your room. I've also found that if you have a room on the lower floors facing Times Square, the flashing lights can sometimes come through if your curtains don't close all the way.

We just stayed the the Eastside back in September using our rewards pre-cruise. Very nice hotel and it was walking distance to many things. It was quieter on that end versus Times Square. We didn't have a problem with anything though.

Archived