Sorry, another wine question

Packman1000

I know Princess restricts wine carried on board to one bottle per customer. Conventional opinion suggested that this rule isn't enforced. Now I have read a few posts that it is being enforced (who knows, and I'm not trying to start that arguement again). Settle the debate between my DW and I. I say if we bring a "boxed wine" in our cary on's (that is wine in a box, not a box of bottled wine), it would be permitted. My DW says they will take it away. What do you think?

I know many wine drinkers turn up their nose at boxed wines, but we've actually found some tasty ones. We can pour a glass each evening in our room as we get ready for dinner - and it stays fresh for the whole cruise. No heavy bottles to lug around - we think it's a great option.

We take the plastic 5 liter bag of wine out of the box (packs better that way and fits in small fridge easier) and it doesn't show up when they xray your luggage. We have never had a problem. Even if the confiscate it, we only lose about $8 worth of wine. We also fill a large Listerine bottle with tequila...for shots of course.....looks just like nasty Listerine, and a water bottle with Vodka sometimes. Ah, the fun of being a sneeky international smuggler..

We've tried the Black Box brand and liked that. We also tried one very inexpensive one, I think it was Corbett Canyon, and it wasn't very good. Our next try will a Fish Eye Shiraz. We just like trying new wines. At home we buy mostly bottled wine, but like to buy the boxes once in a while, especially when we just want one small glass on a weeknight.

Any other suggestions?

I like the Target brand box wines--esp. the cabernet, cabernet/shiraz blend, and the pinot grigio. They come in various sizes.

We have carried box & bottle wine in our checked bags and carry-on on Princess and HAL and never had a problem.

To me ONE bottle means ONE bottle. The purpose of this rule is to insure MORE wine sales which insures MORE BUCKS in the till,

This is what profit and loss statements are all about.........I think. :confused:

CIAO,

The passenger contract places no restriction on number of bottles (at least, mine didn't in September) It's just the FAQ/website that say 1 bottle per person. Since the contract is the legal agreement between me and Princess, that's what I go by. And I bring as much wine as I want....

Just got back from Crown on Satuday. Packed two boxes of pino gri. in a separate little roll suitcase by itself. Got the super big ziploc bag and zipped them in together just in case. Never was touched until I got it to the room. They are 3 liters each box. No problems. Even brougth the second one back. At $9.00 a glass for the cheapest pino, I will take my own wine again!

I recently read a review of "Three Thieves Winery." Their boxed Pinot Grigio is supposed to be very good. But I have yet to find it.

For the Golden, we found a shipping box at a beverage store. We put a luggage tag on it and it went with our luggage to the cabin.

Archived