Enchantment Current

Linda/Ohio

Not sure exactly what the deal is. Just got on the EOS. She was late in arriving due to a storm. Electricity is off in a number of cabins. Everyone seems to have gotten on late due to late arrival. In concierge lounge which has air--but currently air is not on in our cabin. The muster drill has been moved from 4:30 to 5:00 PM. We heard we might leave FLL as late as 9:00 PM.

Not sure exactly what the deal is. Just got on the EOS. She was late in arriving due to a storm. Electricity is off in a number of cabins. Everyone seems to have gotten on late due to late arrival. In concierge lounge which has air--but currently air is not on in our cabin. The muster drill has been moved from 4:30 to 5:00 PM. We heard we might leave FLL as late as 9:00 PM.

Wow thanks for the update. Please keep us posted.

Wow. There was a storm?

Keep us informed. Good luck and (hopefully) happy cruising.

EDIT: Where were you supposed to go?

There was no storm. We were hit with a chilly cold front with high winds. The Gulf Stream is pretty rough right now. The wake up temps were in the 50s in FLL and 60s down here in the Keys.

Awww...thanks for that info!!!

I lived in Fl for awhile, near Key Largo and I remember when 50-60 degrees was cool. Now living in the Midwest that temp in the winter is a heat wave..lol

Checked the link supplied above and it shows that they are no longer in port. Enchantment is scheduled to arrive FLL at 6:00 am Monday the 19th and depart 5:00 pm the same day.

Does anyone know if they got the ac fixed?

Leigh

Well, they are 'floating' just north of Cuba. I guess they left Port Everglades and really skipped Key West.

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shipposition.phtml?call=C6FZ7

The AC was fixed. Apparently an electrical probelm developed when the last cruise was coming in at about 4:00 AM--all went dark. They were brought in by tugs.

Getting on board was slow due to their slightly late arrival. We left FLL after midnight. We had a day at sea today and Cozumel in morning. Yes-we skipped Key West. Each cabin got $200 shipboard credit and 25 % off future cruise. Seas are a little rough.

We were invited to dine with Captain tonight. Very nice dinner and an enjoyable time.

In my opinion everyone was VERY nice in this situation with the electricity. I am sure there will complainers...I sat next to one at lunch who proclaimed all RCCL to be bad and said the carpets were dirty. She prefers Carnival. I told her that this hardly was a norm cruise situation.

So the Enchantment is alive and well and cruising towards Cozumel--with extended hours in port.

The AC was fixed. Apparently an electrical probelm developed when the last cruise was coming in at about 4:00 AM--all went dark. They were brought in by tugs.

Getting on board was slow due to their slightly late arrival. We left FLL after midnight. We had a day at sea today and Cozumel in morning. Yes-we skipped Key West. Each cabin got $200 shipboard credit and 25 % off future cruise. Seas are a little rough.

We were invited to dine with Captain tonight. Very nice dinner and an enjoyable time.

In my opinion everyone was VERY nice in this situation with the electricity. I am sure there will complainers...I sat next to one at lunch who proclaimed all RCCL to be bad and said the carpets were dirty. She prefers Carnival. I told her that this hardly was a norm cruise situation.

So the Enchantment is alive and well and cruising towards Cozumel--with extended hours in port.

Thanks for the info!!! Nice to hear things are okay. Some people will always complain, as the case with the lady and the carpet. Get over it I say to her..lol..Nice obc you received!! :D

Holly macaroni!!!!! 200OBC and 25% for a slight delay and skipping Key West. That's a trade I do any time.

Well, let her go back to Carnival. More room for me. :D

Thanks for the update.

Have a happy cruising and enjoy.

Just got off Enchantment from the 4N starting on 11/15. According to some technicians we talked to that were brought on board, EOS was late leaving FLL beacuse of an electrical problem in the main power distribution unit. One of the four main breakers literally exploded, which cut power to one thruster, one propulsion unit and the A/C in the "new" section. It took some time to isolate the defective circuit and have the job certified by the Coast Guard. We left FLL sometime between midnight and 1 a.m. The ship does not have full power yet (3 of the four main buses are operational) but since the cruise speed is somewhat less than full speed, it is not affecting the ability of the ship to move at regular speed. A/C still seems a bit hit or miss though. We thought RCCL did an excellent job of compensating for the relatively minor inconvenicences ($200/cabin onboard credit and 25% off next cruise). Great customer awareness!

Steve in Raleigh, NC

We stayed on the Enchantment as ong as possible in the private departure lounge with friends for a last cup of coffee, tea and pastry. We then checked in at the Bahia Mar Hotel--which affords one a view of the port. It appeared the Enchantment left only about 15 minutes late on 11/19/07.

The problems were not entirely corrected when we were onboard--but I suspect they worked on it the entire time she was in FLL. She was unable to run at full speed. This weeks cruise was a special 7 day Thanksgiving deal--- I hope they got her fixed so she can hit all the ports.

Archived