:::sigh::: There go my next 3 paychecks!

tropical.dreams

When I booked this next short 4 nt cruise, I told myself that I was going to get out of it with not spending very much. After all, I'm not much of a drinker, I don't do excursions, and I'm over the whole souvenir thing. All I really wanted to do was have a facial in the spa, and then I'd be done.

Well, now that idea is all shot to hell!

Now that I looked at a link to a Capers, I'm drooling over all of the amazing spa treatments...I want them all!

I'm seriously seeing me spend more on spa treatments than I did for the ENTIRE CRUISE. Granted, cruise, port, and air only cost $396, but there's still something insanely wrong about that! LOL

When I booked this next short 4 nt cruise, I told myself that I was going to get out of it with not spending very much. After all, I'm not much of a drinker, I don't do excursions, and I'm over the whole souvenir thing. All I really wanted to do was have a facial in the spa, and then I'd be done.

Well, now that idea is all shot to hell! Now that I looked at a link to a Capers, I'm drooling over all of the amazing spa treatments...I want them all!

I'm seriously seeing me spend more on spa treatments than I did for the ENTIRE CRUISE. Granted, cruise, port, and air only cost $396, but there's still something insanely wrong about that! LOL

;) Have you considered the idea of just staying home and going to your local spa for half the price. :D ;)

To quote one of the great poets of our time:

Spend it while you can

Money's contraband

You can't take it with you when you go

Spend it while you can

Before it's taken from your hand

There's no free ride in this carnival world

-Jimmy Buffett

-Carnival World

See??? It all fits! CARNIVAL world???

DO IT!!!

:D

I haven't cared all that much for the spa treatments. I thought they were overpriced and not nearly as good as what I can get at home.

I get a facial, manicure and pedicure a couple of days before I sail. It costs less and gives me way more time to relax on the ship.

But it's your time and your money! Enjoy your cruise!

I went with a group and my cruise roomie, her bill for just herself was about $3,200....most of it spa treatments. Dont let them talk you into other stuff when they start their hard sell. She wanted to do almost everything too. She is still paying off the bill lol.

They have port specials where you can get two treatments say for $69 or $85 if its a more expensive treatment....maybe you can give up some port time to try the specials?? check the daily chatter thingee the day you are in ports. some great prices.

I've also read that the port specials often are an abreviated treatment, though. So while it may be less expensive, you're not getting "the full treatment" as they say!

I still recommend going to a spa pre-cruise.

the port specials are usually like two 25 minute treatments vs. 55 minutes of one treatment. I figure you wind up with 50 minutes vs 55 minutes for a lot less money. Im ok with them giving me a foot massage and a scalp massage or combining two so I get to check out two different ones.

The one treatment for 55 minutes can often wind up like $135-$155, Id a lot rather do it for $89 or whatever special they have so I can at least try it and see how i like it. I wish they wouldnt try to sell you on more stuff though.

PS I think they had 3 treatments for $139 the price of one treatment. Id take three 25 minutes vs one for 55 minutes for the same price.

I don't think I could stand anything more than a 20 minute massage, anyway. I had my first foot massage/pedicure not too long ago, and it was heaven, so now I've got myself wanting one of those on the ship, too. And of course, the original facial I wanted. And now I see that they do teeth whitening for $199? It's $350+ here. And even though I've never in my life wanted a wrap, just seeing it in a Capers, knowing that I'll be in a bathing suit for 4 days, makes me think, what the hell, why not??

So already right there, I've spent more than the whole damn cruise! LOL

I don't think I could stand anything more than a 20 minute massage, anyway. I had my first foot massage/pedicure not too long ago, and it was heaven, so now I've got myself wanting one of those on the ship, too. And of course, the original facial I wanted. And now I see that they do teeth whitening for $199? It's $350+ here. And even though I've never in my life wanted a wrap, just seeing it in a Capers, knowing that I'll be in a bathing suit for 4 days, makes me think, what the hell, why not??

So already right there, I've spent more than the whole damn cruise! LOL

Iv heard a lot of complaints about the teeth whitening, that it didnt whiten as much as promised etc. You might want to google it and see if you can read some of the complaints before you do that one.

We DID have the chance to do 2 for 1 teeth whitening one day and the other port day it was half price $99. So you can get it cheaper than full price too if you give up some port time and come back to the ship early.

I love a bargain and the spa, can you tell?

I do have to say I go on so many cruise lines that I dont remember which price was which, I think it was Princess that had the best spa specials, who is owned by Carnival, so maybe they have just as good specials?

Archived