Calling all Puget Sound "HAL PALS"

Old As Dirt Mom

It would be interesting to do a geographic poll/survey to figure out where all the HAL ccer's lived.

I took a quick look on the 'Western Port Departure' board to look for other Puget Sounders. I found that during the summer cruise season, it was filled with helpful locals answering questions about Pier 30, hotels in walking distance and other hospitality questions. I hope these folks will now check-in to the main HAL board and read about this HALiday get together!

Mary

Ferry Watcher

Karin,

I wish I could be with you all: my body is in D.C., but my heart is in Kitsap -- or King, or Pierce, or Thurston, or Grays Harbor, or Pacific, or Kittitas, or Yakima, or Benton County. I have lived in them all, and I miss them. (Although one reason I am where I am may be that the forecast tomorrow is sunny and 71 here in ONC -- Our Nation's Capitol). ;-}

Dave

Karin,

I wish I could be with you all: my body is in D.C., but my heart is in Kitsap -- or King, or Pierce, or Thurston, or Grays Harbor, or Pacific, or Kittitas, or Yakima, or Benton County. I have lived in them all, and I miss them. (Although one reason I am where I am may be that the forecast tomorrow is sunny and 71 here in ONC -- Our Nation's Capitol). ;-}

Dave

Would love to have the opportunity to meet you one day, Dave!:)

It sounds like very nice weather in the capitol:) . We're predicted to have a dry, sunny, but somewhat chilly Thanksgiving. Highs in the mid-forties, lows in the low thirties fahrenheit. For this time of year, this is good weather!:) Dave, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Karin

Karin,

Dave

Well Dave if I had my most dearest wish I would be with you in D.C. I think my soul is now living there. Hey and its not too bad a city either. :D

Hi Mary

If only we could just take outselves out of our time capsule for a few hours and drop in on nice people, it would be such good fun.

I hope you have a great time and I will be thinking of you, actually I am flying off for a four day holday on the 29th so I will be out on the East Coast of NZ while you guys are jiving it up.

Val

I think Karin said that there will be at least 4 local HAL Seattle/Puget Sound CCer's and their spouses and/or guests at her HALiday get together. It will be fun to meet other HAL fans. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you this weekend!

Mary

Ferry Watcher

Hello, again! So far, we have the following folks coming for sure (weather permitting) to our HALiday party this Saturday: Middle-Aged Mom, Kruskat, Ferry Watcher, Sun Goddess, and Mrs. Muir, plus their spouses, companions, fiancees, significant others, or anyone else they may care to bring along:).

If you might still be interested in joining us, please let me know by Friday, so I can plan accordingly. Again, my email is middleagedmom59 at gmail dot com This is not the email address I normally use, but if you send me email there, I will contact you with all the particulars:)

Looking forward to meeting my CC friends,

Karin

Karin, we're looking forward to seeing you and the other Puget Sound HAL folks. I'm glad to see that you received my RSVP, and will be checking my email for the particulars. What a great idea! You may have started a new tradition.

Mrs Muir (Linda)

Karin, we're looking forward to seeing you and the other Puget Sound HAL folks. I'm glad to see that you received my RSVP, and will be checking my email for the particulars. What a great idea! You may have started a new tradition.

Mrs Muir (Linda)

Hi Linda:

I sent you an email this evening.:) So glad you can make it!

Karin

Sadly I just can't make it Karin, I am actually away for the weekend, DH and I are flying out to the East Cape of NZ on Thursday, I am going on a plane ride for my birthday :-) So we are going to spend sometime exploring our own country just for a change. The East Cape of NZ is the first place to see the sun each day. Maybe you guys can have a drink for us and we will toast you all with the rising sun about 1 1/2 days too early :D

Love you all

Val

Have a great dooooooooo

Sadly I just can't make it Karin, I am actually away for the weekend, DH and I are flying out to the East Cape of NZ on Thursday, I am going on a plane ride for my birthday :-) So we are going to spend sometime exploring our own country just for a change. The East Cape of NZ is the first place to see the sun each day. Maybe you guys can have a drink for us and we will toast you all with the rising sun about 1 1/2 days too early :D

Love you all

Val

Have a great dooooooooo

Now you're a girl who knows how to celebrate a birthday! We will definitely make a toast to our favorite NZ witch, Val!!:) :D Happy Birthday!!

Have a great time, I'll be thinking of you all! Looking forward to those pictures, too! :) Hope it doesn't snow, it sure has felt cold enough lately.

Carolyn, it's going to be the perfect weather for drinking gluhwein, or glow wine. I'm sorry you won't be able to make it. We'll have our digital camera ready to go, but only the glamorous shots will be posted here.;)

Karin

Hi Karin,

It was nice to talk to you on the phone yesterday. It does sound like there will be a nice group of HAL Pals present. Maybe, as you said there will be some additional RSVP's in the next couple of days to the HALiday get together.

Until then, I look forward to meeting Kruskat, Sungoddess, Mrs. Muir and our host (Karin), Middle-aged-mom!

Mary

Ferry Watcher

Hello, fellow cruisers!:)

We have the following folks joining us this Saturday for our HALiday party:

Ferry Watcher, Sun Goddess, Kruskat, Mrs. Muir, PoseidonGodoftheSea, and me, Middle-Aged Mom.

The National Weather Service is now predicting snow for our area this weekend, with highs only in the low 30s fahrenheit. We in the Puget Sound region know that all heck breaks loose when we get snow in what is normally a temperate rain forest. Everything shuts down, and cars go rolling all over the place and into ditches:eek: . So, if the weather prediction is accurate, our party will have to be postponed to a later date, and my husband Ed and I will be drinking a LOT of hot, delicious gluhwein all by ourselves;) . Hopefully, that won't be the case.........

Karin

Hello, fellow cruisers!:)

We have the following folks joining us this Saturday for our HALiday party:

Ferry Watcher, Sun Goddess, Kruskat, Mrs. Muir, PoseidonGodoftheSea, and me, Middle-Aged Mom.

The National Weather Service is now predicting snow for our area this weekend, with highs only in the low 30s fahrenheit. We in the Puget Sound region know that all heck breaks loose when we get snow in what is normally a temperate rain forest. Everything shuts down, and cars go rolling all over the place and into ditches:eek: . So, if the weather prediction is accurate, our party will have to be postponed to a later date, and my husband Ed and I will be drinking a LOT of hot, delicious gluhwein all by ourselves;) . Hopefully, that won't be the case.........

Karin

Hey have a great time, ladies! I personally think Karin should make some bitterballen to make it more of a HAL party;)

I'll put my chains on my SUV to get there....after the 7 days without power after the windstorm last year, I can do anything!! Plus, I love gluhwein!

It's a deal! I'm doing this party no matter what!:D We'll keep the gluhwein hot in front of the fireplace if necessary, and we'll send out St. Bernard dogs with kegs of brandy to rescue any guests who have gone astray.........;)

It's only supposed to be a little dusting, anyway.........

John, do you have a recipe for bitterballen? Wish you could be at our party, too......:)

Karin

Archived