Celebrity might copy Azamara's strict smoking policy...

florisdekort

I personally would prefer a completely non-smoking ship. I would cruise a lot more if that were the case.

Our first cruise was on the Carnival Paradise when it was still 100% non smoking. It was the best vacation we've ever had.

I don't think the smell of meat will hurt you. LOL. Then again, I could be wrong but I am an RN.

I will not argue with you about that. I actually generally like the smell of meat. It's the appearance that I can find troubling. :o Even so, it won't hurt me. I use it as a counter to the "smoking is yucky" argument, not to the "smoking will kill you" argument...

I simply don't believe that there has ever been, in the history of the world, an individual who has had only limited exposure to cigarette smoke for a couple of weeks a year and who has died as a result.

Drew, check out this link: http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/library/secondhandsmoke/factsheets/factsheet6.html

It is a report from the Surgeron General; pay attention to #5. Even a single exposure (it does not have to be weeks, but just one time) has an impact that increases risk of heart attack. Elderly and people who already have heart conditions are certainly at risk to potentially have a heart attack triggered by a single exposure to second hand smoke.

Do you know that having a pet (I love, love mine) contaminates air in the home? Do non-smokers own pets? When one views insurance costs, yes, smokers are costing you and I money, as does obesity, this effects my cost for insurance as well, alcohol is one of the leading cause of death on the highways, sure, one is not driving on a ship...watch out when they disembark! Behavior is effected as well. The contaminates in air are plentiful while crusing...will I give up the opportunity to sail...NO. Should we ban pets, alcohol, food, cruising, cars, trains, airplanes, coal producing fuel, and on and on? Well, I do not think so, unless some genius comes up with alternatives.

Again, I said I am a considerate person. My DH is a non-smoker...we have been married now for many, many years...we are in our seventies. It is his choice to stay married to me (smoker or not) and we love each other beyond any way to express it. I do not aplogize for smoking, however, I do understand that it bothers some folks...and I go out of my way to be considerate of these people.

Yes, Drew, I agree with you. Actually I do not know where all of this is going. I truly hope a happy medium can be had for all.

Happy Thanksgiving to all! (Okay, no turkey for you Drew :D ) Happynewbie

oh Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.Now pets are as bad as smoking.We are really reaching now.Pets have been shown to increase lifespan.Not decrease it .I hope you don't smoke around that animal

I had a horrible experience last week where I had to call the paramedics to ambulance my 2 year old Grandson to the hospital.He had a sudden onset extremely labored breathing episode where I actually thought we might lose him.Thankfully he is O.K.The diagnosis turned out to be a severe food allergen.Would all of you be O.K. in limiting the ships in what they can serve in the dining room due to the number of people with food allergies?O.K. I realize thats a stretch and I do think there has to be a way to distribute the balconies somewhat more smoker/smoke free than they are.But can't we put this into a better perspective?

Oh, yeah!:rolleyes: Have you noticed how much animals like cigarettes? LOL!!! When you light one up near them,they look at it like it's the nastiest thing on earth, and get as far away from it as they can! What do animals know that 21% of the North American human population can't catch on to???:cool:

These smoking threads are always the same.Smokers seem to always say 'There are other things that will kill you'.Yeah,I suppose I could get attacked by a flock of humingbirds while sweeping the sidewalk or have a meteor crash through the roof while watching the Redskins game,now my dog my kill me.I always knew smoking damaged the brain

I agree.:)

Next we'll be talking about animals consuming alcohol which we know destroys not only the liver but brain cells also. So I'm assuming those who are SO health consious are not consuming alcohol if they are not smoking or not want to be around smoke.

Dave:eek:

A sufficient number of personal attacks have been posted and removed that caused this thread to hit the "high maintenance" mark. We Hosts don't like threads to achieve that level.

Accordingly, in the interest of saving the time and energy of those whose interest appears to be insulting others, of those who are the targets of such insults, and of us Hosts, we have closed this thread.

Archived