All Genesis rumors here!!

tony7518

okay, you want different?

How about the Central Park not running length wise of the ship, but being open from one side of the ship to other. You could stand in the "park" and view out both the port and starboard sides. With walls of windows maybe 30 feet in length and several decks high. Think of seeing the ship from a distance and being able see through a large hole through the ship? (it would be like the hump on radiance class ships, but without the cabins on the one side and only windows). Throw in some parrots with the tall palms and other tropically creatures :)

Moving walkway down the promenade? Maybe middle if there is enough room (would depend on space and traffic flow)

2 story cabins (select suite class)

Outdoor Movies off the back of the ship projected on a "wall of water" that the ship can spray off the back when desired(turned on)? Could even have multi-tier setting.

Infinity type pool(s) (where you can't see the one edge that water flows over) on the sides or aft.

Restaurant up in the sky bar area that rotates 360 degrees. Could be a specialty restaurant.

Cabins that feature a wall of windows instead of just a portal

Waterfall into a pool (large waterfall like 15 ft wide, 20 feet high). Maybe some natural looking rocks around it and its "natural" pool. Could be in the adult area(aka Solarium)

Large innertube flume ride (you know the enclosed tubes big enough for the big rubber tubes to be used on them)

Theater near the top deck with a retractable roof to allow for open air shows.

Pool inside on lower levels, maybe in conjuction with the "Park" this would provide indoor climate controlled pool area and possibly allow for some more detailed theming of the area and not just a hole with water and chairs around it.

Gaming center focused more on adults using some interactive technology like the Nintendo Wii that requires people to "get out there"

Tropical Restaurant like rainforest cafe with the theming and sounds.

Ice Bar (you know the ones that are kept around zero degrees and serve vodka and such)

Our waiter on the Freedom 2 weeks ago was saying that there was 2 promenades, arranged in a horse-shoe shape (e.g. 1 really long promenade that is twice the length of the ship!)

He also joked about the zip-line idea, so that's possible ;)

I'm liking some of the other ideas like the lazy river and swim-up bar - those are definitely do-able!!

I'll be looking forward to hearing what else is on the ship, but I'm a bit apprehensive about eating in windjammer on a sea day with 5000 other passengers having the same idea!!

Are you thinking the ship will be here in the fall of 09 or 10? A bunch of us are going to try to do a reunion cruise.

That is a distinct possibility, but first we would need to know her Itinerary and i am sure Fort lauderdale and Miami can berth her although she may need to take up two berths

That is a distinct possibility, but first we would need to know her Itinerary and i am sure Fort lauderdale and Miami can berth her although she may need to take up two berths

I am thinking Miami only because Miami is the furthest south and closest to the caribbean, and she will be big, so therefore travelling a little slower, she will need to be close to the Caribbean.

They should consider teaming with circque du soleil and have the ship do exclusive circque du soleil shows like the one's they do in Vegas and Orlando.

Imagine everyday a different themed show. It would be way cool, circque of the seas......pretty wild !!

They should consider teaming with circque du soleil and have the ship do exclusive circque du soleil shows like the one's they do in Vegas and Orlando.

Imagine everyday a different themed show. It would be way cool, circque of the seas......pretty wild !!

When i went on voyager a few years back the staff were saying that was the big feature of "Ultra-Voyager" (Freedom).

How I wish the production shows would appeal to a younger taste. I mean at least consider VH-1 as a guideline if they can't do straight up hip hop or R&B. RCI shows have amde a few tiny concessions such as singing eight bars of Beyonce's most reconizable song, but that isn't enough.

The big ships really appeal to families, a younger demographic, but we are still getting older Broadway and 1940s and 1950s music. One show could feature that, but lets have something for the under-fifty folks.

When i went on voyager a few years back the staff were saying that was the big feature of "Ultra-Voyager" (Freedom).

Celebrity tried this, and it was to much cost for them to continue. It lasted about a year I believe.

If you look at the concept art at the back on the top deck there are three poles sticking up. Through the glass you can also see a bar that wraps around it. I'm guessing that's where those bungee things are at. Either on or multiple ones lined up across the ship.

Looking at that glass that covers all the upper floors in the back i'm guessing it is a third atrium with elevators like on the radiance class of ships where they face the glass.

Okay...we just got off the Enchantment and the cruise director made mention of "Project Genesis". He said there will be a roller coaster and a ski slop. Was he just being sarcastic??? I just can't picture those 2 things on a cruise ship!

Chris

Okay...we just got off the Enchantment and the cruise director made mention of "Project Genesis". He said there will be a roller coaster and a ski slop. Was he just being sarcastic??? I just can't picture those 2 things on a cruise ship!

Chris

I think it was sarcasm. But I heard that another cruiseline might try that. I think I heard the name "Epcot of the Seas" or something like that mentioned somewhere.;)

late October to early November/09 is what I thinking. I am keeping that time frame open for an inaugural sailing.:)

How I wish the production shows would appeal to a younger taste. I mean at least consider VH-1 as a guideline if they can't do straight up hip hop or R&B. RCI shows have amde a few tiny concessions such as singing eight bars of Beyonce's most reconizable song, but that isn't enough.

The big ships really appeal to families, a younger demographic, but we are still getting older Broadway and 1940s and 1950s music. One show could feature that, but lets have something for the under-fifty folks.

Heavy-If they did that hip-hop junk 80% of the audience would A) not show up b)If they did,they'd be gone in 10 minutes....average age on cruises is about 45.....honestly,no one wants to hear even 80's music (which really stunk) recently,over 500 radio stations voted on the best music by decades,and as suspected,results were: 1) 70's 2)60's 3)50's 4)80's 5)90's and 6) 2000+...EXACTLY what I predicted when I heard about the voting...

Since 95% of the songs the last 15 years have no melody,no character,no harmony,no RIFFS,no musical instruments,and most have voice enhancements because they can't sing,it makes sense to present songs & music that are "classics".Remember,the people who do the choreography & choose the music are ALL young as are the singers & dancers-THEY have chosen music from the 40's-70's because that's the music that was real and had character..sorry,but I feel sorry for today's youth as far as music goes..my niece is 18,and she hates today's music-all she listens to is Led Zeppelin,Queen,Rush,Black Sabbath,Styx,The Beatles,and occasionally Marilyn Manson.BTW,if you go to the disco on RCI ships,they play mostly current music,or music from the last 2-3 years..try that.....

Big Al

The music has to be chosen smartly because that older music can appeal to every demographic. There are many older songs that the younger generation recognizes and enjoys such as many of the Beetles songs. It's when they do an entire show from one decade and half the songs i've never heard that they get boring.

Archived