Baja deck balconies on Sapphire?

charlene19

Our cruise for next year is on Sapphire, which I have read some very nice things about and we will have a balcony cabin on the baja deck. How are these cabins and balconies? Are they covered, uncovered, private, open? Since I have read that some want covered balconies, others like open ones, just trying to figure out what to expect.

thanks!

The Sapphire is simply another of the "Grand Class" ships which all have many things in common. Your balcony on B Deck (and those above on A) are totally covered and relatively private. The C deck balconies (our personal favorites) are slightly more than 50% larger with the extra space extending out beyond the covered area (those C deck balconies have the same covered space as A and B above). When the passengers are on the outer part of their C deck balcony (that might be me) they can look up and see you on your balcony (and you can look down).

Hank

Our cruise for next year is on Sapphire, which I have read some very nice things about and we will have a balcony cabin on the baja deck. How are these cabins and balconies? Are they covered, uncovered, private, open? Since I have read that some want covered balconies, others like open ones, just trying to figure out what to expect.

thanks!

Charlene, all cabins on the Baja deck are covered. We have been on the Sapphire and it is a great ship. Have fun on your cruise.

Marilyn

Also bear in mind that the balconies 'step in' the higher up the ship you go. On Dolphin you look over the rail down the side of the ship; on Caribe the balcony rail is about 10 feet back from the side of the ship and on Baja the rail is back another 10 feet (Aloha is directly above Baja). This means on a Baja balcony (and indeed Caribe and Aloha) you can't look directly 'over the side' when in port.

Simon

The baja balconies have a cover (actually the floor of the deck above) and measure about 5 x 9 feet. They are not private in the sense that your neighbors can see around the partition, and if you are at or near the rail, folks below on the Caribe and Dolphin decks can turn around and see into a portion of your balcony. How much just depends on their position.

Archived