table for 2, 4, or 6?

rottyg

We have only sailed with Disney 3 and 4-night bahamas trip.

We were assigned a table for 6 with the same dinner companions for the rest of the trip.:)

How does it work with Celebrity? :confused:Do you have dinner with the same people for the rest of the trip, even for 2 weeks:rolleyes:?

We like to share with other people but can you also request a table for 2 if you wish?:cool:

Thanks for any input;) sailing X-pedition 12/07, Mercury to Alaska 07/08, Galaxy to East Med 09/08:p

You will be at the same table with the same people throughout the cruise. Sometimes people have issues with their table mates and requests can be made to the maitre d' for a new table. Requests can be made before the cruise for a table for two, but there is limited availability and I understand preference is given to Elite members. Enjoy Celebrity!

We had a table for 8 on our recent Constellation cruise (10 night cruise). Two of the people we had met on a Princess cruise (15 night) and booked this cruise because of them. The other two couples we met on this first night and I have to tell you, I believe that we have made some really good friends that I plan on keeping in touch with. I realize that this is not the situation with everybody and met several people while on the cruise that would have made me cringe to be table mates with. In my opinion it will always be worth the risk. Meeting new people that we can have a lasting relationship with is well worth the risk!!

Kim

The tablemates on our first cruise were the best at a table for 8. I still keep in touch with the Brits and the Canadians. Last year during our pre-stay, the Brits met us and our friends at our London hotel and took us on an amazing walking tour, complete with commentary in their wonderful British accents.

The Canadian man is a cruise travel agent and has given me advice at times.

The other two at the table were and American mother/daughter combo. We kept in touch briefly.

That is the only table for 8 that had 8 people. The next year there were 6 and those two couples were very nice, but we haven't kept in touch. The last two tables for 8 had 5 and 6, but the people were kind of weird. We've traveled with friends twice and enjoyed the table for 6 on Summit to Alaska with another couple from our local area and just the four of us on our European cruise.

In Jan. we are cruising Mercury to Aust/NZ and just today have have hooked up for dinner with two couples who were also on our Mex. Riv. Mercury cruise last Jan. One of the women, who had booked directly with X, called with booking ## and took care of it. There may be others at our table, but at least we know some of them.

I do enjoy the open seating at breakfast and lunch. We've met a lot of nice people there, too.

Normally we request a table for 4 because we travel with another couple. We no longer request a table for 6 because we have found that if the other 2 couples know one another even though we are friendly we can be left out of the conversations etc. If we are traveling alone we usually request a table for 2.

Normally we request a table for 4 because we travel with another couple. We no longer request a table for 6 because we have found that if the other 2 couples know one another even though we are friendly we can be left out of the conversations etc. If we are traveling alone we usually request a table for 2.

We have only sailed with Disney 3 and 4-night bahamas trip.

We were assigned a table for 6 with the same dinner companions for the rest of the trip.:)

How does it work with Celebrity? :confused:Do you have dinner with the same people for the rest of the trip, even for 2 weeks:rolleyes:?

We like to share with other people but can you also request a table for 2 if you wish?:cool:

Thanks for any input;) sailing X-pedition 12/07, Mercury to Alaska 07/08, Galaxy to East Med 09/08:p

Hi, I believe your Xpedetion sailing will be much different from

Mercury and Galaxy.

Much smaller ship, all open seating, no formal nights.

As for Mercury and Galaxy, Celebrity has traditional dining.

Yes, you are assigned a table with the same tablemates. If you don't choose to sit there

each night I would suggest informing your waiter or Maitr'd that

you won't be there on that particular evening.

You would have to ask if they have an available duece but

normally folks stay where they are assigned (unless you don't

get along well with your tablemates). If that happens I would

suggest seeing the Maitr'd asap after the first night and request

a change.

Mercury and Galaxy both offer what is called alternative dining.

It is served upstairs near the buffet area but you are served

with menus, on linen and it is a more casual atmosphere.

But it is not a buffet, as X doesn't offer a dinner buffet.

Again, if you don't prefer to eat at your assigned table, just

let your Maitr'd or waiter know, as a courtesy.

My wife and I cruse alone so we always request a table for 8 to meet new people. We are with each other all the time so why not expand our horizons during dinner. At a table for 8 you stand a better chance of meeting another couple that you will hit it off with. Nothing worse than being at a table for 4 and having nothing in common or to talk about with the other two. We have made some great friends this way and stay in touch with many on a regular basis.

Archived