Just a little over a year left, anything to do now?

charlene19

We have just a little over 1 year before our cruise. We have our passports now, so other than that, is there anything we should be doing to prepare for our cruise?

first real vacation since 2001. all of our other vacations have been to vegas, which is nice, but, this is going to be first vacation in about 7 years where i won't have to run around all over the place like we would in vegas. I am super excited for this vacation.

Start saving money to pay off your sail and sign card; paying for:

- excursions

- drinks

- misc on-board spending

We have learned to start saving our "spending" money ahead of time so that when the bill comes to us at home we can pay it off and then start saving for the next trip!

Judy

{/rant on} Good plan to start saving money. Let's see... You'll be hit at least once for a fuel surcharge (you will never know if Princess will jack that up again... and again.. and again) And let's see, ah, save up for the extra automatic tipping charge (you will never know if Princess will jack that up again... and again.. and again) Oh ,did you want ice cream? Except for an hour or so in the afternoon, there will be a charge for that. And if you want Lobster, well in about a year, you never know, there might be a charge for that. {/rant off}

(ok, flame me for starting up again on this nickel and diming by the cruise lines as of late)

Seriously, enjoy the cruise, it will be enjoyable time. And these boards have helpful insights to make it a better cruise.:cool:

{/rant on} Good plan to start saving money. Let's see... You'll be hit at least once for a fuel surcharge (you will never know if Princess will jack that up again... and again.. and again) And let's see, ah, save up for the extra automatic tipping charge (you will never know if Princess will jack that up again... and again.. and again) Oh ,did you want ice cream? Except for an hour or so in the afternoon, there will be a charge for that. And if you want Lobster, well in about a year, you never know, there might be a charge for that. {/rant off}

(ok, flame me for starting up again on this nickel and diming by the cruise lines as of late)

Seriously, enjoy the cruise, it will be enjoyable time. And these boards have helpful insights to make it a better cruise.:cool:

LOL!

"Favorites" are a function of your computer operating system, usually found as a yellow star in the menu bar at the top of the page in Internet Explorer. If you use another browser, it may be a heart or some other symbol.

When you are on a web page you want to get back to quickly, click on the symbol and then the "add to my favorites" button.

I like to research ports in advance, so I know what I want to do when I get there. The ports of call board on this website is a good source of information, I check out travel guides from the library, and google "name of port tourism."

Try to plan in advance, I always think I'm going to do this and it just gets crazy toward the last few weeks!

I fly out tomorrow for my cruise on Friday, and just did my packing this afternoon! It's not completely finished and neither are my regular chores, yikes:eek:

Having a roll call is a great support during your preparation... trust me, those around you who are not going will grow tired of hearing about every little thing. Cruising seems to be very addictive, be prepared for that!

Also don't become too obsessed by these boards... yeah, this is me calling the kettle black! :rolleyes:

Have a wonderful year preparing--I'm sure you will have an amazing time!

Happy sailing!

VB1

PS Did I mention I already have at least one cruise for 2008 already--yikes, it's a terrible addiction!

Yup - research the ports of call, Roll Call and use the CC search function. I keep a trip folder next to the computer and jot down restaurants, sights, tours, shops, websites etc so I'll have a handy reference as the trip gets nearer. I love the research function and these boards are a rich source of terrific information - particularly when cc'rs have thoughtfully posted pix and shared their experiences!

(btw, as a practical matter, we also make a great big note on the calendar when the final payment is due so we don't miss the deadline... it would be terrible to have waited so long only to find Princess cancelled the reservation because the payment was late. GAK!)

Archived