COMPLAINERS UNITE! What Can Royal Do Better?

I can't complain about the food, it's better than what I'm served at home. ;)

I can't ask for more Radiance ships, I've never been on one... until next June 28.

I can't complain about the fuel surcharge because I work in the airline business.

But one small request: Include juices & sodas in the cruise price.

Re: The Mexican restaurant, great idea however "Mexican food" means different things to different people depending on your location. They could never make everyone happy, especially "Tex-Mex" lovers.

Go figure........we were in cabin 1104........what part of the ship were you in??

9590 on the hump. Great location for getting around. We didn't have a pen, any paper, no thick blue book. We asked our room steward and she said they no longer use them. She said anything we need would be on the TV. I thought it was odd, but we did ask. Guess I could have went to guest services, but I thought she would know what she was talking about.

One improvement I would suggest is...only staff handle the food in Windjammer! I hate buffets because I don't like lots of people handling the food with ungloved hands.

I think the staff should dish the food and wear gloves and hair nets.

WE hardly ever eat at Windjammer because of this.

That's probably my only suggestion..other than that..I love RCCL.

Amen! I second that!!

Stop nickeling & diming us!

We should get great food & cofee in the dining room & should not have to pay additional monies for better food & coffee. With all of the norvo virus around why not have all of the crew serve us in the windjammer with gloves on they do it in all fast food resturants on land. Enforce the rules especially in the dinning room, dress code, the time to shut the dining room doors for late arrivials, kids in the solarium pool, & hot tubs. Allow us to bring on 1 bottle of wine per person. Unfortunately due to rules NOT INFORCED regarding excessive drinking & all of the lawsuits we all are left with terrible restrictions!

9590 on the hump. Great location for getting around. We didn't have a pen, any paper, no thick blue book. We asked our room steward and she said they no longer use them. She said anything we need would be on the TV. I thought it was odd, but we did ask. Guess I could have went to guest services, but I thought she would know what she was talking about.

Now I know we had paper and pens,cuz I had to get a note to someone and used what was in our room..........now we didnt have that blue book,but like I said,it(room service menu) was in one of the other books(with a glossy cover) on the coffee table in front of the couch...

Treat us better immediately before and after a cruise. RCCI had "sold out" of transfers for our last cruise - so we had no choice but to arrange for our own transport. While RCCI indicated that there was a shuttle to and from Plaza Roma in Venice to the dock, they could not provide any information as to where within the plaza the bus would be or how to recognize it. Then on the debark, they indicated that the shuttle would be available -- again NO info as to where it might be (it did NOT pick up in the same spot where it dropped off) and NO indication that it did not start running until 9:00am. And no indication that no taxis bother to come by either. We schlepped our luggage and walked. The shopping consultant on board was the only person who could provide info on where we could store our luggage while on shore.

It seems to be good business sense that RCCI would like to have your cruise start out on the right foot and have your last impression of the trip be positive. Even though they are not making money with transfers or last day excursions, it still makes sense that they'd want to leave us with a positive experience.

~ Late seating for adults only

~ Change menus periodically ( menus are the same fleet wide year after year

~ Do not charge for soda in the dining room

~ Waffles in the dining room, at breakfast with fresh berries & whipped cream

~ Bar drink cards (had previously on Rhapsody)

~ Dining Room for lunch daily whether in port or not, with menu changes daily

Self-serve laundry machines. Don't give me the line about you're on vacation, why should you do laundry? Because I don't feel like packing that many clothes! And as for rinsing stuff out in your cabin, fine, but in my experience it seems like forever until it's dry.

more sunshine

calm waters

no problems with the ship

no glitches

no 'pain in the butt complainers'

light calm breeze

fuller glasses of wine

32 oz beers for price of 12 oz

no immigration delays

luggage at room by time I get to room

priority tags for everyone

extra lobster without asking

specialilty restaurant QUALITY food in main dining room

impeccable service from all staff all the time

steel band on pool deck more often

free sail away drinks

free port departure drinks

free port arrival drinks

free drinks while ship is in port

free drinks while sailing

more sunshine

calm waters

no problems with the ship

no glitches

no 'pain in the butt complainers'

light calm breeze

fuller glasses of wine

32 oz beers for price of 12 oz

no immigration delays

luggage at room by time I get to room

priority tags for everyone

extra lobster without asking

specialilty restaurant QUALITY food in main dining room

impeccable service from all staff all the time

steel band on pool deck more often

free sail away drinks

free port departure drinks

free port arrival drinks

free drinks while ship is in port

free drinks while sailing

You forgot free drinks while sinking:p

1. No canned music on deck or in the lounges. If this is not possible limit the number of hours per day. At least turn it off in the early morning hours. It annoys me to have to listen to the Spice Girls at 7:00 am while I am sipping my first cup of coffee of the day.

2. Have a little more variety from cruise to cruise. I get tired of seeing the same performers on different ships.

3. Have some cruises that offer a little more high-brow entertainment. Am I the only one who would rather hear a lecture on the geology or history of one of the port stops rather that see yet another belly-flop contest?

4. Have some cruises that visit fewer ports but stay longer in each port.

5. Keep kids out of the Solarium.

6. Stop closing the rock wall and the trampoline jump when wind speed goes over 5 mph. You never get a chance to use these venues because they're always closed.

7. Stop charging $30 for a $10 bottle of wine.

Leigh

I'm just off the Enchantment last week and here is my list:

• Chips, Salsa & Guacamole, nachos, cheese & crackers for snacks
  • Laundry facilities
  • Bring down the prices of the photo shop..they are outrageous!
  • Colder beer--it was really warm this round
  • Higher end food for dinner in the dining room. I thought most of the menus were pretty blase

On a positive note..I thought they did a great job on Thanksgiving!

Cowie

5. More tables for two in the main dining room. Message to Royal, we don't all enjoy sitting with strangers for dinner every night. Some of us actually enjoy a romantic table for two.

6. Add self service laundry facilities. Some of us don't mind throwing in a load of laundry during a long cruise. It saves us money and helps us pack a lot lighter. Other cruise lines give their passengers this option. Why not Royal and Celebrity?

DITTO!!!!! I totally agree with this.

Question from a cheerleader to all the complainers: a lot of the 'improvements' require additional resources and/or higher investments. Is any of you OK if RCI is raising prices? Or will there be dozens of threads like a fuel surcharge threads.

I have only one complain: take RCI off the stock market. Make it private again.

Question from a cheerleader to all the complainers: a lot of the 'improvements' require additional resources and/or higher investments. Is any of you OK if RCI is raising prices? Or will there be dozens of threads like a fuel surcharge threads.

I disagree. I don't think the majority of the suggestions would cost Royal any more money.

I'm just off the Enchantment last week and here is my list:

• Colder beer--it was really warm this round
  • !

Cowie

Here is what we do for colder beer....we take a small baggie with Rock Salt or some places call it ice cream salt on ship with us. Then when we order the buckets of beer we sprinkle a little of the salt on top....in a few minutes the beer is icy cold.....be careful not to add to much salt or beer will freeze.

DH will order a bucket to keep in the room in case he wants one on the balcony and the rock salt is a great trick for getting it cold fast.....:D

I have only one complain: take RCI off the stock market. Make it private again.

Most of us WERE RCI Cheerleaders until a few years ago, at least I was :D

###