COMPLAINERS UNITE! What Can Royal Do Better?

Thats a good thing......a variety.....hate when all the ships go to the same exact ports....

Well it's not really a variety when this is the itinerary...

Freedom - Miami, San Juan, Labadee, St.Martin, St.Thomas

Liberty - Miami, San Juan, Labadee, St.Martin

I would be ecstatic if they added another port in...but it just doesn't make sense the way it is now. By going on Liberty we are missing a port. But I wanted to go on a different ship. ;) :)

Well it's not really a variety when this is the itinerary...

Freedom - Miami, San Juan, Labadee, St.Martin, St.Thomas

Liberty - Miami, San Juan, Labadee, St.Martin

I would be ecstatic if they added another port in...but it just doesn't make sense the way it is now. By going on Liberty we are missing a port. But I wanted to go on a different ship. ;) :)

It is a variety if its not the same...besides I think its better to have another sea day.....

NO SPEEDOS.

There's nothing worse than seeing hairy middle aged men walking around with a skin tight banana hammock on.:eek: Nasty I tell you, just plain nasty.

Didnt I tell you that Ken,the last time we were poolside?? Glad you took my advice..:p

We never had that problem with our past celebrity cruise. We got ESPN, ESPN2 and Fox sports one day.

They can get the "raw" feed if they want to straight from the signal. No commercials, no announcers, no graphics. I saw the highlights of the Ohio State/Michigan game that way. All you heard was the crowd and the sideline mics. You saw no graphics. I only knew State won by the fact that they were the ones that took the knee at the end of the game. I don't know how legal that is however. The law pertains to non USA registered ships.

LOL.....

Honor the contract and not charge fuel charge on already booked guests.....

Other then that nadda thing!

RCCL could at least give passengers 7 days to make final payments before implementing the fuel charges (as NCL did).

Only those guests onboard who paid fuel surcharges should be invited to the Captain's Welcome Reception and should enjoy one hour of open bar.

We had our final payment scheduled for Nov 21 and the found out on Dec 16 that if we had made our final payment on Nov 15 that we would not owe $120 in fuel surcharges. It just doesn't seem right that some passengers don't have to pay the fuel charges because they were lucky enough to send in final payments by Nov 15 and the rest of us don't have any option except to pay or cancel their cruise.

More chocolate desserts! :p

That's one thing I still remember, 10 years later, about Sovereign...the chocolate dessert and chocolate buffet.

And can I ask why Freedom's Eastern Carib itinerary includes St.Thomas but Liberty's doesn't? :confused:

And...less Mousse!!! almost EVERYTHING had Mousse!!! :eek:

One improvement I would suggest is...only staff handle the food in Windjammer! I hate buffets because I don't like lots of people handling the food with ungloved hands.

I think the staff should dish the food and wear gloves and hair nets.

WE hardly ever eat at Windjammer because of this.

That's probably my only suggestion..other than that..I love RCCL.

This cracks me up... You do realize how many people handle your food before you do, right???

Let's see... there's the butcher who slaughters the cow your steak came from... the meat handlers at the plant... the migrant workers who harvest the fruits and veggies... the staff of the produce distribution company... the kitchen staff... seriously... you aren't so naive to think that you and the server are the ONLY people who handle your food are you???

More people handle your food before the server gets to it than you would probably ever imagine...

If you don't like people to handle your food, then you should never ingest anything you have not grown and prepared yourself... sorry, that's what we call reality.

For a "complainer's" thread it at least is nice to see all of the suggestions, and no real complaints. I wonder if RCCL would think that they were doing a pretty good job keeping customers happy.

What is wrong with "complaining"? Why are people so offended when loyal cruiser's expectations are not met and they choose to write on the boards about it? Seems silly that we have to talk about all the great things. There is much that RCCL can improve upon in my opinion.

Change some of the shows. I have seen "can't stop the rock" too many times to recount. And the "Top 10 questions asked by people on this cruise" I know it's for new people, but when you are on a Member's cruise you should assume almost everyone has seen it.

And please please please I'm not asking for things to go back to the good-old days but please stop abusing the fact that cruisers love to cruise and will continue to accept all the changes, some new and some old (fuel charges, rumors of no live band, cork fee, no outside liquor, no inside liquor, etc) because someday some of us will have enough and do other things with our vacations. It hasn't happened to us yet but....

I am a lover of most things RCL but I think that if I could change one thing, it woudl be the monotony. How many one week cruises can you take with exactly the same menu, exactly the same 80's dance, exactly the same specials, exactly the same routine.

Change some of the shows. I have seen "can't stop the rock" too many times to recount.

For me it is "Fast Forward". I have been on 4 RCI cruises and have seen it 3 times!:eek:

I am a lover of most things RCL but I think that if I could change one thing, it woudl be the monotony. How many one week cruises can you take with exactly the same menu, exactly the same 80's dance, exactly the same specials, exactly the same routine.

One reason I'm trying Princess in January......;) I'm hoping by April something new will be added!:cool:

Just returned from the NOS 11/24/07 sailing... UGGGGGG! Where can I start! ?Spice up the food :( ! Give it more zest! Try a themed dinner night (nights), more people may like the variety other then choice of chiken dish or fish or steak or pasta etc...BLAND:( ! Menu selection for room service... not enough options and BORING:( ! The food in the promenade Cafe 10x better for a quick snack! Adult themed activities, not enough of... Shows need more glitz , BORING:( ! Ice show was great! maybe i should stop here, I am boiling all over again:mad:. Worst cruise been on! TOO BIG!:(

Just returned from the NOS 11/24/07 sailing... UGGGGGG! Where can I start! ?Spice up the food :( ! Give it more zest! Try a themed dinner night (nights), more people may like the variety other then choice of chiken dish or fish or steak or pasta etc...BLAND:( ! Menu selection for room service... not enough options and BORING:( ! The food in the promenade Cafe 10x better for a quick snack! Adult themed activities, not enough of... Shows need more glitz , BORING:( ! Ice show was great! maybe i should stop here, I am boiling all over again:mad:. Worst cruise been on! TOO BIG!:(

.....and welcome to Cruise Critic.

I agree with a lot of these posts - especially having self serve laundry! It would make packing so much easier. One I didn't see, although I may have missed it, no hogging of the lounge chairs by the pool! I understand why people do it, but not everyone is up at 7am to put a towel on the chair to "hold" it!

C

1. More Radiance class ships...sadly, I know this will never happen.

2. Give me the RCI experience of years ago....sadly, I know this is impossible at the price point RCI is charging.

3. All beverages included (alcohol excepted), as it once was....sadly, see #2 above.

4. Let me put my shoes out in the hall before going to bed and they will be spotless and shined in the morning, as they used to do....sadly, impossible due to # of kids onboard ( hell, I'd do it too :)) and #2 above.

5. Food, food, food, food....sadly, see #2 above.

6. Bring back the sommeiliers.......sadly, see #2 above.

7. Stop the nickle & diming....sadly, see #2 above.

RCI is what it is, a mass market line serving their market and they a darn good job doing this. They still have the best looking and best designed ships afloat though, IMHO (even the monsters). For those fortunate enough to have sailed with RCI years ago, you will know what I am talking about. For those who didn't....dream on :D, but do enjoy your cruises on RCI...they offer a good product. :).

No I think the worst are elderly women in tiny bikinis...definitely scary!!

Well ya know someone said.....cruises cater to the "Overfed, Newly Wed and Almost Dead".........So ya have to expect the Crypt Keepers :D