Booked Car in Tauranga...Sat Mar. 8

Kelownabccan

Hi all....I have booked a car using Avis....do you know if they will pick us up at the port and take us to the car????..I think it is at the airport..there are four of us....or is there a better car rental company....I tried Thrifty but apparently they do not work out of there on Sat????What have you done if you did rent a car and at what cost....we want to go to Rotorua and see some of the thermal areas and take in a Maori cultural event....Ideas please....Ken in Canada.

Hi all....I have booked a car using Avis....do you know if they will pick us up at the port and take us to the car????..I think it is at the airport..there are four of us....or is there a better car rental company....I tried Thrifty but apparently they do not work out of there on Sat????What have you done if you did rent a car and at what cost....we want to go to Rotorua and see some of the thermal areas and take in a Maori cultural event....Ideas please....Ken in Canada.

kia ora i Rotorua,

Yes, the thread referred to Kiwi cruiser is a good one. Suggest try the tripadvisor website too Just key in as one word & then key in Tauranga & Rotorua & you should get some useful information. Rotorua is certainly the North Island's 'must see'. Let us know if this doesn't help.

Aquariansicon7.gificon7.gif

Thanks for the info...will search it out...I expect we will save some $ doing our own thing and we do not have any prob driving on the left side....had a great time in Scotland doing it...fun...but boy do they drive fast on those narrow lanes....Ken

Archived