Meals on the Pacific Sun...........

zip506

Now I do not know what Frank's age group is, because different age groups adapt to and prefer particular types of food, but he is certainly entitled to his opinion. Anyway, maybe he should write to Carnival/P&O re the Pacific Sun cuisine. I do not think Frank should be forced to pay to eat at the steakhouse, he pays his hard earned $ to cruise and should be content with the included food offerings. I think they should scrap all the optional 'pay extra restaurants on cruise ships, just a money making thing, all the ships culinary efforts should go into their regular restaurants, that is what the cruise pax pays for in his/her passage ticket. In my cruise career I have NEVER paid to eat in the optional resturants, always found something decent to eat somewhere on the ship.

Surely the Pac Sun would serve a decent steak or a roast dinner ? Never mind about the rissoles, mixed grill or meat pies, you can have them on land. I have no doubt Vegemite and dare I say it Ketchup, sorry, tomato sauce abounds. Whack a bit of sauce on anything and it will appeal ?

Princess as you can see by the menu posted offers a very wide selection of foods, the rare bad one. It is tough on Princess when you have to knock back another lobster or Alaskan crab.!!

It is the same old story, you get what you pay for, P&O is cutting its prices to put bodies on bunks and maybe cutting the tucker as well. Frank, you have to be reasonable,the average cruiser, me included in that, expects a wide range of meals on a cruise, after all cruising is about eating, french, italian, asian, aussie, all that type of cuisine needs to be offered.

Cheers..good luck Frank...Les:cool:

I don't think I would really like to go to the restaurant and get a T-Bone steak or Lamb Chops as the only option.

I think P&O have a great variety to suit everyone. Every night they have on offer the salmon or chicken, if you don't like what is on the menu for that night.

Where else but on a cruise can you sample such a variety of cruisine, every breakfast lunch and dinner.

And if you order something and don't like it, I'm sure they are happy to let you order something else.

Alternatively, the Steakhouse offer steak & chips.

Hi, All,

Perhaps it is just us two Aussies and perhaps thanks to MIPPS, that we have now highlighted, that Aussies, want Aussie meals, like, what's wrong with meat loaf with three vegies, pork chop with vegies, roast lamb with chips, 't' bone steak, etc, not not what we are used to like Fench night, or Italian night. Aussie meals should be first preference over anything else, on a Aussie cruise. You may think, I am against other nations foods, but that is not the case, I was bought up by Dutch parents, and I love a REAL good pizza, not the crap Eagle boys or Donimo's whip up, just great Wog pizza's, I don't discriminate, but to force ship passengers, to under-go experiments on us, while a captive audiance, if off.

Frank.

Hi Frank. most of the meals you mention were available on board.

(some were even available for lunch in the dining room.)

Rost lamb, steak, pork chops all with vegies and you could ask for a plate of chips extra any day ...lunch or dinner.

also roast beef, roast turkey, roast pork,and chicken... the list goes on.

the variety of different foods is catering to everyone's tastes, not just a few.

I hope on your next cruise you find something to your liking.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

We are looking forward to our cruise, and am interested in a variety of meals during our 12 nights on the Pacific. I like the look of the menus and there are some treats I don't get to eat often I am looking forward to trying.

While I love a counter lunch or a club meal or takeaway, I can eat those any day of the week. Seems that the buffet has that sort of cuisine anyway.

Would be disappointed if I did not have the choice of some exotic non-Australian meals onboard.

Cheers

Geoff

From memory dont they have at the bottom of the menu plain chicken or fish. DH isn't big on all the fancy food so he had the fish a fair bit which he loved.

Kerri

Yes! Tracey had grilled fish with salad every night (and then ate some of mine as women do:rolleyes: ) Chips and mash are also available every night as is salads and seconds and thirds :eek: If you dont ask then you dont get,they have special food for special requirement people such as diabetics,If you told them that you cant eat spicy or unusual food then they would cater for you.If I hated the food on board then I would have told the matre de and ensured that I got the food I wanted. I just dont get it? If people complain about the food on P&O then they have obviously never eaten in a restaurant before? Australia has always had a diverse range of food and other countries are only just catching up.

Den.

I'm with Pink Poodle if it's on a plate and put in front of me I'll eat it. On our Princess cruise I was so relaxed I had the waiter choose my 3 courses, can you see the faces at our mixed table one night I did this, as I said he knows what people eat, he serves them every night ;)

i understand both sides as i am generaly a pretty plain eater(take after my dad, thanks dad:rolleyes: ) i went on the star and there was alot of 'fancy' type of food that didnt interest me but usually always found something on the menu and liked it. there was probly one night where i just had chicken and chips. but agree this is how it should be, they should have theme nights for dinner and different food thats what makes it feel like a holiday and its a kick feeling like your eating in a fancy resturant. im under the impression that the waiters and chefs will do all they can to cater for what u request if u ask.

Archived