RCCL is moving from Miami!!!

From next summer (ie summer of 2008), Brilliance will be based in Europe full time. Jewel will pick up the Brilliance's Panama Canal itinerary.

Yes that is correct, Radiance to South America, Jewel to Miami, and THEN, they will have to eventually move the independance, because my guess is both the Genisis class will be sat/sun, so my Speculation, and ONLY a guess would be the Independance goes to Port Canaveral in 2009.

I don't see them leaving Port Canaveral with out a ship, since the mariner always seemed to do awesome buisness.

SO unless they decide to move ships around;

Brilliance Stays in Europe

MIAMI: Jewel, Freedom, Liberty, Majesty

Pt. Everglades Genisis 1 Genisis 2, Enchantment, Navigator, and Independance

Pt. Canaveral: Monarch of the seas, and again my guess is the Independance, but again just a guess.

SherriZ366 - Are you sure there is an RCCL site in Washington? They built a large call center in Oregon a couple years ago, but I'm not aware of anything in Washington and would love to know where it is if it's here!

You're right -- I got mixed up. The call center is in Oregon -- I think some of the Customer relations folks are based there.

Yes that is correct, Radiance to South America, Jewel to Miami, and THEN, they will have to eventually move the independance, because my guess is both the Genisis class will be sat/sun, so my Speculation, and ONLY a guess would be the Independance goes to Port Canaveral in 2009.

I don't see them leaving Port Canaveral with out a ship, since the mariner always seemed to do awesome buisness.

Pt. Canaveral: Monarch of the seas, and again my guess is the Independance, but again just a guess.

Those of us who love Port Canaveral would take Independence or any Freedom class as well as Navigator.

It isn't, but this thread is a perfect example of how one piece of misinformation can grow into a complex set of half-truths, unfounded speculation, and dare I say, panic.:rolleyes: I guess the original report demonstrates the truth of the old nostrum about not letting the facts get in the way of a good story. :D

Well said!

What about Galveston??? :confused: Never a mention of Galveston! :( No year-round ship for Galveston anymore???

Just got off the Enchantment. They say it's going to have Panama as home Port after it's Florida run. It's going to be doing 7 day S. America cruises from there. With that said, that will be one less ship in Ft Lauderdale. They also mentioned Mariner going to L.A. but said they have not made an announcement on any replacement. Strange, as Canaveral has always had full sailings, I'm surprised they have not announce a ship to replace it. Hopefully they won't abandon this port with the big ships. It can only take up to the Mariner's size I believe so anything bigger would need major work. Remember after the last major hurricanes that the Mariner could not even return to port, so there lies a big problem. Hope we don't lose out here.

It is simply amazing how some people can read in to "Royal Caribbean genesis class ships will port in Port Everglades" as Royal Caribbean is moving from Miami to Fort Lauderdale. Royal Caribbean did not indicate whatsoever that they were moving their HQ to Fort Lauderdale. Read it correctly. Don't imagine things then post it for everyone to believe.

Just got off the Enchantment. They say it's going to have Panama as home Port after it's Florida run. It's going to be doing 7 day S. America cruises from there. With that said, that will be one less ship in Ft Lauderdale. They also mentioned Mariner going to L.A. but said they have not made an announcement on any replacement. Strange, as Canaveral has always had full sailings, I'm surprised they have not announce a ship to replace it. Hopefully they won't abandon this port with the big ships. It can only take up to the Mariner's size I believe so anything bigger would need major work. Remember after the last major hurricanes that the Mariner could not even return to port, so there lies a big problem. Hope we don't lose out here.

Port Canaveral is planning upgrades to accomodate larger ships and possibly more ships. I think this involved enlarging the turning basin and maybe terminal improvements and more parking. I saw a map of the port upgrades awhile ago but I can't remember specifics.

Port Canaveral is planning upgrades to accomodate larger ships and possibly more ships. I think this involved enlarging the turning basin and maybe terminal improvements and more parking. I saw a map of the port upgrades awhile ago but I can't remember specifics.

Here is their 20 year plan.

http://www.portcanaveral.org/images/maps/20yearmap.jpg

Just got off the Enchantment. They say it's going to have Panama as home Port after it's Florida run. It's going to be doing 7 day S. America cruises from there. With that said, that will be one less ship in Ft Lauderdale. They also mentioned Mariner going to L.A..

Old news.........there are already bookings on these cruises........

Archived