Transportation from JFK to Times Square

nadge

Apologies if this question has been asked before (I'm sure it must have):-

What is the best way to get from JFK to Times Square (hotel already booked - Radio City Apartments Hotel)? We arrive at the end of January. I understand from previous posts that there's a flat rate of $45 for a taxi. How many people can the taxi take? We are a group of 7 adults, each with our 2 bags + hand luggage for our forthcoming cruise. Can we fit into 2 cabs? What about the train? Is it close? Is it worth schlepping the bags if there's a substantial difference in price?

Also, similar question but in the other direction. Best way from our hotel, but this time to EWR as we fly out to Costa Rica? How long to leave for journey?

I thank you in advance for your help.

Cheers,

nadge

cabs can hold either 4 or 5(vans)....so two cabs aren't a problem. A stretch limo that can hold 7 will cost you more than two cabs...

call Carmel limo and see what they would charge for a stretch- they have coupons on line. the train with so many people and luggage is a real pain...take a cab or a limo. Super shuttle at about $19.00 per person will cost you more but with 7 they may give you a deal and you get a large shuttle....http://www.supershuttle.com

A cab to EWR costs about $70.00 meter plus round trip tolls, a $15.00 surcharge since the cab must come back empty plus tips. It depends when you are going mid day about 30-45 minutes rush hour may take twice that. A limo may be cheaper to EWR....

I would suggest a van taxi (2) for your group. I called a car company, I think it was carmel, and ended up waiting 1/2 hour extra, while a million taxis were passing by and wating for people.

On the way back to JFK, I canceled Carmel and got a taxi, van for 5 of us, and it was 45 dollars, same as coming into the city, plus toll of 3.

Taxi would be your best bet in my opinion.

I would suggest a van taxi (2) for your group. I called a car company, I think it was carmel, and ended up waiting 1/2 hour extra, while a million taxis were passing by and wating for people.

On the way back to JFK, I canceled Carmel and got a taxi, van for 5 of us, and it was 45 dollars, same as coming into the city, plus toll of 3.

Taxi would be your best bet in my opinion.

To and from Manhattan the set rate is $45.00 plus tolls from and to JFK. The toll was three dollars? either the cabbie didn't know what he was doing or you got a NY Bargain...its $4.50 Midtown tunnel or Triboro Bridge.......plus tip of course(15% is the standard tip) 20% if they are nice and helpful.

I'm pretty sure we paid 3 dollars, and then of course we gave him a tip. We actually had him the night before to the hotel, and we asked if he could pick us up in the morning. He agreed, and there we was, waiting for us in the morning as promised. So we have him a nice tip.

I'm pretty sure we paid 3 dollars, and then of course we gave him a tip. We actually had him the night before to the hotel, and we asked if he could pick us up in the morning. He agreed, and there we was, waiting for us in the morning as promised. So we have him a nice tip.

with an ezpass discount its 4.00 but most cabbies ask for the higher non discounted amount. It may have gone up recently but not down. I think the only bridge that is 3.00 is the one to Long Beach---you know the toll booths where Sonny gets killed in the Godfather.....

Archived