Soft Drink Card

justustwo

:) Can anyone tell me how the soda card works? My hubby is addicted to his diet coke. Do they have Coke products on board, or is it that 'other' brand? ;) He also prefers it in the can versus the fountain drinks. Is that an option? Also do they have a card for alcoholic beverages? I'm assuming not, but thought I'd ask. Thanks.

It's Coke. The soda card is for fountain drinks, not the cans. (Once in a while you can get a can instead. Don't know what conditions.) Cans are $1.75, plus 15% tip; total $2.01.

Back in '98 the Veendam had a drink card for potent potables. The way it worked (IIRC) was you paid $50 up front for the card and got $50 worth of drinks. Even money so far. But from then on it was $40 for the $50 worth. My husband and I were on a 10-day NE/Canada cruise and went through a lot of them.

HAL must have lost a bundle on that one as I never saw it again.

:D I thought about that Jim, but I thought it was a no-no. Believe me, he drinks a LOT of diet coke. He doesn't drink alcohol, but I bet his Diet coke tab will be MUCH more than my wine and frozen drinkies. Oh well, I guess we'll just consider it the cost of cruising. :)

Rudy

Just came back from the Zuiderdam this week - the card was 35$, you could get Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Soda Water and it all came from cans - they don't give you the can, but they refill your glass from a can (at the Lido, in the dining room and at the pool).

:rolleyes: To prepare for our Maasdam Holiday Cruise, I e:mailed Holland America asking exactly how their "soda card" worked ... here is their exact reply: August 20, 2004 - "Thank you for your inquiry. The fountain drink cards are for unlimited soda beverages that come from the bartender's "gun" - i.e.; Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Soda Water, Tonic Water. These can be purchased either onboard the ship, or in advance through Ship Services. We look forward to having you onboard and thank you for choosing Holland America Line. Kind Regards, Julie, Ship Services"

Archived