Miami Airport or Fort Lauderdale

DebbieMH

We have tickets to fly out tomorrow morning from Mobile, AL changing planes in Memphis and onto Miami to pick up Crystal Symphony. I just heard that Mobile is going to get "dense fog" tomorrow morning. Our flight is 6:10 am. Dense fog in Mobile will stop the plane from taking off, so we will probably miss our connection in Memphis.

Now, my question ... what is the distance from Fort Lauderdale airport to the Miami port? If we have to get re-routed and the timing isn't good going into Miami, should I reroute us to Fort Lauderdale? Thanks, Lynn

Hi,:) you need to give yourself 45 minutes-1:00 hour to get from

FLL airport to the Port of Miami.

Good luck with the fog and and have a wonderful cruise:)

It's not a far, or difficult, drive from FLL to MIA at all; in no traffic you can do it in under 25 minutes but allowing an hour is a good idea to be on the 'safe side.' I have been detoured/re-rooted several times to one or the other when I am sailing out of the opposite.

I usually just rent a car and drive myself up or down. In fact, I am a gold card Hertz renter and twice now I have rented the car, driven to the other airport, and gone to return the car before the fact that I have rented it is in their main system it is such a fast and easy ride. The good news is that when it happens Hertz can't charge me for a full day so I get an hourly rate; I didn't even know they had them, and it becomes very affordable. Enjoy your cruise!

Lynn definitely plan on the 45-60 minutes. I've been told there is some construction on the highway.

One more suggestion. Put inside the bags your contact information such as your cell phone number and other relevant information in case there are problems with your luggge should they put you on connecting flights, etc.

Hope all goes well with the flights. And have a wonderful time on the Symphony.

Keith

If they are worried about dense fog delaying your departure in the morning, is there any way you could get on a flight out to Memphis tonight? Most flights these days are flying fully booked. I would hate to see you miss your cruise because of a missed flight.

I was looking at Northwest's website, the only flights to MIA or FLL that currently show availability and would get you there in time for a cruise leave Memphis around the same time. So presuming you are on the 9:20 departure from Memphis to Miami, if you miss that flight you will have already missed the 9:15 flight to FLL. The next flight to either MIA or FLL isn't scheduled to land until 4:30 which is too late even if you are sailing out of Port Everglades.

If you can't get out tonight, and are delayed in the morning out of Mobile, see if they can transfer you to the 9:20 departure on Delta out of Mobile via Atlanta (4860/1099). It lands at MIA at 1:54 which would still be cutting it close, but would be better than missing your ship altogether.

Archived