Ivan - 9 deaths in Grenada (CNN)

DFD1

Cable news reports 9 dead in Grenada as Ivan passes close by. Accu-weather headquarters projects 80% chance it will go into the Gulf of Mexico, 20% chance of turning up the east coast. They seem to believe that a high pressure ridge north of PR will keep it on a southerly course.

If it gets into the Gulf....then what? Scary Stuff !

Yes, indeed. The 5-day forecast map right now is showing the center to be just west of the central Florida gulf coast at 8:00 a.m. on Monday. Hard to imagine that it wouldn't at the very least bring high winds and lots more rain to our friends there. How sad.

I can tell you first hand, the people in SW Florida are shaking in their boots. I live 30 miles south of Punta Gorda, which sustained some of the worst damage from Charley. This past weekend we had three days of howling, tropical storm force, winds and heavy rainfall. Now we are seeing projections of Ivan heading in our direction.

Most of the gas station are out of gasoline, and no one seems to have anything but regular octane. One of my cars requires premium, so it is having a vacation in the garage. Home Depot and Lowes are out of most plywood and generators, and Publix is already running low on bread and essentials. A third strike will be very detrimental to Lee and Charlotte counties.

Please send positive thoughts our way. Thanks, Steve.

Steve, I am praying for all of you in Florida, it has been a hard month for you all. Hopefully Ivan will die down and go somewhere else.

I have seen some photos of the Islands and Grenada has been hit pretty hard; most homes are destroyed and they have no communication. Very said.....it is a beautiful Island

Steve - sending prayers your way that you are spared.

It's very sad about Grenada. The damage is unbelievable. This is a stop on my February cruise along with St. Vincent and St. Lucia. I hope they are able to recover.

Now I see it's heading to Jamacia and one of my favorite little spots - Grand Cayman. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this storm will decrease in speed and miss the islands.

Archived