when will cabin be assigned

gerig

I changed my cabin from a sunset veranda to a guaranty family oceanview veranda. The cruise is March 31, 2008 and at this point the only cabins available above the family oceanview veranda are the century suite and sky suites. I have checked the celebrity site and no cabin has yet to be assigned.

When do most guaranty cabins get assigned? Are there factors that determine how big an upgrade you will receive - such as select, elite - timing of assignment.

Were all the cabins on Century refurbished?

Hi gerig,

Though I haven’t done a guarantee cabin on Celebrity before, when I have booked guaranties on other cruise lines I didn’t find out our cabin number anywhere between 2 weeks before the cruise up to walking up the day of walking up to the pier and registering the day of the cruise. So, I would think Celebrity would be the same and unless your ship sales out way in advance, you will probably not know you cabin number until close to your cruise date in March.

Enjoy your cruise,

John

Since your guarantee is for a higher category (fewer of these cabins) you may not get assigned until after final payment date for your cruise... that's when they will have a better handle on availability. Just keep checking. Good luck!

I kind of like the gamble for cabin selection since both the family oceanview and the celebrity suite are all aft cabins. I would be happy with either of those - if I were to get a sky suite that would be nice also. I have heard alot of people state that a cabin assignment was made within days of selecting a guaranty. Currently there are no family oceanviews available but the sites are showing at least 7 celebrity suites and sky suites (which is the maximum shown). Final payment is not due until January 31. I hope I don't have to wait until then.

I have heard the norm is the only way Celebrity upgrades is if you book a guaranty. I normally do not book a guaranty but I felt I could not lose with this one since all family oceanview cabins are aft. I'll let you know when I know.

From my experience, it could come any time...

Last Friday, I changed my reservation on the RCCL Vision of the Seas from a specific Category J inside to a "Balcony Guarantee"...and by the time I hung up with my TA and surfed over to the RCCL website, I ALREADY had an assigned balcony cabin!!! The cruise is March 16...

I haven't been assigned a cabin yet - maybe that's good.

The aft FOV on constellation are very desirable - I think the cabins and the balcony are alot bigger than the Century. I loved the Constellation - I was in an aft CC cabin twice. What I liked about the Century FOV is the location - aft. As I said I originally booked the Sunset Veranda and then had 2nd thoughts about it due to the sunset bar and lack of privacy.

I like the excitement of being surprised and as I stated I think this is a sure thing as the FOV and the Celebrity suite are all aft cabins. I doubt if I would be upgraded to a Sky Suite.

I have heard the norm is the only way Celebrity upgrades is if you book a guaranty. I normally do not book a guaranty but I felt I could not lose with this one since all family oceanview cabins are aft. I'll let you know when I know.

We booked our cabin in July 2006 for our upcoming cruise next week, we booked a specific cabin 9070 cat 4 deluxe ocean view vista deck. no guarantee nothing just that cabin. yesterday checked our reservation online what we got? upgraded to concierge class on Penthouse,

We are not the only ones, our friends got the same and one of our cruise critic group got a 5 category upgrade. none of us booked guarantee and we are 1st time celebrity.

I guess it depends on how full the ship is near the sail date and they have more chance of selling lower priced cabins to late comers, so if your lucky up you go

Archived