HELP My worst nightmare/Elation,Riviera deck, last cabin

Seayalater

On our first cruise we had E4 on the Imagination which is the second room in the front of the ship. I was really quite nervous about this but it turned out to be really nice. The location of it was much quieter and private then other rooms. We were actually booked with a group of people and the ones who didn't get the front of the ship were envious after they compared our cabins !

I'm sure the back rooms will be much the same. Enjoy it , it will be fine !

On our first cruise we had E4 on the Imagination which is the second room in the front of the ship. I was really quite nervous about this but it turned out to be really nice. The location of it was much quieter and private then other rooms. We were actually booked with a group of people and the ones who didn't get the front of the ship were envious after they compared our cabins !

I'm sure the back rooms will be much the same. Enjoy it , it will be fine !

I have to agree. Being midship (especially on Empress Deck) can really suck sometimes because they are between the banks of elevators. People are constantly walking and talking in the halls, and kids are running and yelling. We take a lot of it in stride, but it does get annoying in the early morning or late evening. If you are forward of the front elevators, or aft of the rear ones, then the only foot traffic should be folks going to/from their own rooms.

I booked an Oceanview guarantee on my 1st cruise,and we were put on Riviera deck. We enjoyed it so much, that now we choose Riviera on most of our cruises,if we're doing Oceanview. I've even refused upgrades to a higher deck,as I prefer lower to higher.

So relax and enjoy the cruise

again you are all so nice and reassuring, Hey...how much time will we spend in our room?!! We are NOT newlyweds..ha ha

And to all those offering to take my place, good luck with my husband.

He has no problem with where we are at AS LONG AS WE ARE ON THE BOAT!

We were in E259 in 2006 and LOVED it! Our window overlooked the wake. We dotted the "I" in ELATION on the rear of the ship.

I didn't notice the noise, vibration or anything -- of course it was my first cruise! We had a bad storm one night, lightening, swells, etc and the rocking didn't bother me at all! In fact I went up to an outside deck to try to get outside to stand in the rain -- and all the doors were locked. When I finally found one in the buffet and went outside, a crew member yelled at me and made me come back in. (For my own safety and he was quite polite. But he did rais his voice and speak authoritatively!)

The location is fine! Don't worry! Enjoy your savings and have a ball!!!

LK

Perhaps a bit of perspective would help. I'll take a berth in crew's quarters if I need to. In fact, for an entire career, I was in crew quarters, and it was 80-120 men per room. I'll take a nice trip to Cabo with a view. Meanwhile, I'll be in NW Ohio, in the snow-sleet-whatever.

I truly hope you have fun.

I can find you a TA that would walk you through choosing a cabin if you need help:)

Help Anyone!!

We are booked on the last cabin in back on the Elation to Mexico in January

and on the bottom deck Riviera.

This is my worst nightmare.

Anyone have any advice or words to calm me down?

maria

:cool: :cool: Hey, sambuka works for me everytime. No matter where you are on the ship it great to be there. The ship has all sorts of baffles so you won't even notice it. They could put me in steerage for all I care, I am out of the snow and cold. Cindy:cool:

:cool: :cool: Hey, sambuka works for me everytime. No matter where you are on the ship it great to be there. The ship has all sorts of baffles so you won't even notice it. They could put me in steerage for all I care, I am out of the snow and cold. Cindy:cool:

I am thinking mojitos...I am in Des Moines and I am more then ready to get away from the ice, snow, cold and POLITICIANS.

Again, POLITICIANS, CAMPAIGN WORKERS, CALLS FROM POLITICIANS & CAUCUS talk.

whew, feel better already. Got a little off topic.

Oh no! You'll have to walk 2 more flights of stairs :eek:

Seriously, you need to chill. When we sailed on the Elation, we stayed on the Riviera deck and it was great. Granted, we were mid ship, but as long as you are not easily sea sick you should be fine! I actually prefer the Riviera deck over some of the higher decks, and request that they place us there instead of our automatic upgrade since we are past passengers. Relax, and enjoy your cruise!!!!!

We've sailed the Elation twice, both times on the Empress deck. The first time we were the second cabin from the front, the second time we were the third cabin from the back. When we were in front, we heard noise from waves slapping the hull and we heard the thrusters and anchor when we were in port. The noise of the thrusters and anchor was terrible, but we only heard it when we were getting to the ports.

But when we had the aft cabin, WOW! It was so loud the whole time...a constant engine vibration that made our closet door rattle and even the wall behind the bed (along the seam) was making a rattling sound. We got almost no sleep the entire cruise. It was the one thing about the cruise that wasn't wonderful. (It didn't ruin the cruise though...we still had fun.)

Since you'll be a few decks below where we were, I would think the vibration would be at least as bad, if not worse. So...if I were you I would bring duct tape to tape the closet doors still if necessary. I would also bring earplugs in case that doesn't work.

If you keep the right attitude, you'll still have fun!!

We've sailed the Elation twice, both times on the Empress deck. The first time we were the second cabin from the front, the second time we were the third cabin from the back. When we were in front, we heard noise from waves slapping the hull and we heard the thrusters and anchor when we were in port. The noise of the thrusters and anchor was terrible, but we only heard it when we were getting to the ports.

But when we had the aft cabin, WOW! It was so loud the whole time...a constant engine vibration that made our closet door rattle and even the wall behind the bed (along the seam) was making a rattling sound. We got almost no sleep the entire cruise. It was the one thing about the cruise that wasn't wonderful. (It didn't ruin the cruise though...we still had fun.)

Since you'll be a few decks below where we were, I would think the vibration would be at least as bad, if not worse. So...if I were you I would bring duct tape to tape the closet doors still if necessary. I would also bring earplugs in case that doesn't work.

If you keep the right attitude, you'll still have fun!!

I take it you are joking...why would you say that?

• 2 weeks later...

Seayalater, I wasn't joking at all about my aft cabin on the Elation vibrating like crazy and keeping us awake. I do wish I had brought earplugs (and ever since then, I do bring earplugs just in case). I also wasn't joking about having fun anyway. No vacation is perfect, so it's what you make of it.

I hope you have fun on your cruise...seriously! :)

I take it you are joking...why would you say that?

I sailed last December aboard the Paradise in cabin M269. OV overlooking the wake. The Paradise is a twin to the Elation right down to the propulsion system. We had a little vibration, nothing serious except when docking in Ensenada and back in Long Beach. The only other issue we had was arriving and leaving Ensenada we could smell diesel. The smell went away quickly. I liked the aft cabins, almost no foot traffic and you head straight up and you are at the lido restaurant.

When are you sailing? I'm headed out on the 01/07/08 sailing of the Elation and have family members in aft cabins on Empress deck. I will see how it goes with them and let you know.

Don't worry..You will have a fantastic time.

Cruiseguy 1970 I will be leaving when you are getting on....

I will be on the Elation on the Jan 3rd sailing. I always travel with earplugs and now with noise cancelling head phones. My cabin on Paradise mid ships Upper deck was much quieter than some ships I have been on. On my Elation trip I will be on Verandah deck forward....

I will see how that compares.... I had an aft cabin on a certain formerly largest ship in the world and found it very cozy and quiet, But I could feel a "hum" from the engines when leaveing /entering ports.. not annoying though....

Tom in Long Beach

Cruiseguy 1970 I will be leaving when you are getting on....

I will be on the Elation on the Jan 3rd sailing. I always travel with earplugs and now with noise cancelling head phones. My cabin on Paradise mid ships Upper deck was much quieter than some ships I have been on. On my Elation trip I will be on Verandah deck forward....

I will see how that compares.... I had an aft cabin on a certain formerly largest ship in the world and found it very cozy and quiet, But I could feel a "hum" from the engines when leaveing /entering ports.. not annoying though....

Tom in Long Beach

Leave me a scavanger hunt!!!!

Archived