Celebrity's Zenith

Avril

I sailed on her to Bermuda in 2005 and loved that little ship!! :D Unfortunatly, I haven't seen or heard of her for a long time. :( Does anyone know where she is or what she is doing?

I sailed on her to Bermuda in 2005 and loved that little ship!! :D Unfortunatly, I haven't seen or heard of her for a long time. :( Does anyone know where she is or what she is doing?

We sailed on her to Bermuda many times and we loved her as well. We were fortunate enough to have one last sailing on her last year. She was moved to Pullmantur cruises based in Spain. She was redone inside and painted all white (loved the blue on her) which now makes her look like a ROM cruise ship. She also has PULLMANTUR in big letters across her.

If you go to the Where ARE They Now section and search Zenith, you'll find pictures of her. Also if you Google Pullmantur cruises you may be able to take a virtual tour, I think that's where I found it.

Sorry, didn't realize your post already was in Whatever happened... just try the seach option and more info should come up.

The Zenith was by far my favorite ship, she was so comfortable, not overly done, perfect size for a long cruise, or a short cruise. There is nothing bad i can say about this ship. Sailed on her twice to Bermuda, this being only a couple years ago, so she was older when i sailed on her. Have been on brand new ships, big onjes, little ones, she was by far the classiest little ship i had ever seen. Alright, im done sobbing :D

Just wanted to add that we enjoyed the best food on Zenith compared to most of the other Celebrity Ships. We always attributed this to the fact that this ship was smaller, like the Horizon, than the next set of ships (eg., Century, Galaxy and Mercury), so we thought less passengers to prepare meals for might have been a factor.

Keith

The Zenith was by far my favorite ship, she was so comfortable, not overly done, perfect size for a long cruise, or a short cruise. There is nothing bad i can say about this ship. Sailed on her twice to Bermuda, this being only a couple years ago, so she was older when i sailed on her. Have been on brand new ships, big onjes, little ones, she was by far the classiest little ship i had ever seen. Alright, im done sobbing :D

I have tears dripping on the keyboard as I type.;) We sailed on the Zenith 6 times to Bermuda and it was like coming home every time we boarded her. Can't think of one complaint either.

Just wanted to add that we enjoyed the best food on Zenith compared to most of the other Celebrity Ships. We always attributed this to the fact that this ship was smaller, like the Horizon, than the next set of ships (eg., Century, Galaxy and Mercury), so we thought less passengers to prepare meals for might have been a factor.

Keith

We know someone in the cruise industry and he says this is absolutely correct, just stands to reason.

For all the Zenith lovers out there, here is a post that probably will bring tears to your eyes.

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=666153

Like Hazel and Richard, I too have had a great cruise on a Pullmantur ship, the 752 passenger Holiday Dream in the Caribbean earlier this year.

A nice classic older ship with huge cabins, great food and service, and all your beverages included as well.

Thanks all, I'm truly going to miss her!! :( She was such a great little ship (at least the one chance I got to sail on her). :D Lets get the memories going. What was your favourite place (or places) onboard Zenith? I loved the Rainbow Lounge (I think that was it's name) as well as the pool deck and the Cova Cafe!! :D I had a oceanview cabin on Bahama Deck with a lifeboat on either side of our window so I could peek between them!! Is she still called Zenith and if not, what's her new name? Oh ya, I also loved the stepped decks at her stern!! :D Does anyone have any pics of her? I can't seem to find my Bermuda pics. :( When I was there, the Horizon sailed in to Hamilton a day after us and the 2 ships greeted each other with a blast from their horns!! :D

showimage.php?type=ship&img=Zenith_1.gif

As you can see, she's still called the Zenith. IMO she doesn't look as good without the blue and I hate the big orange lettering.

One of our favorite places was on the sundeck completely foreward, usually hardly anyone there. Loved the Rainbow Room and Cova Cafe as well.

As you can see, she's still called the Zenith. IMO she doesn't look as good without the blue and I hate the big orange lettering.

One of our favorite places was on the sundeck completely foreward, usually hardly anyone there. Loved the Rainbow Room and Cova Cafe as well.

She looks not nearly as good white as with the blue. And I completely agree with you about the big, bright orange lettering. :( But, the line has to get their name out there somehow I guess. I'm happy that they kept her name though!! :D

I totaly forgot about the sun deck forward!! That was a great place!! :D

Actually, she was not sold by RCCL, but transferred to RCCl's Spanish division in exchange for Pullmantur's two best ships, Blue Dream and Blue Moon, which are now sailing as Azamara's Journey and Quest,( the Spanish cruise public must be justifiably P.O.d). However, they will also be getting the Empress and Sovereign from RCI next year to increase their capacity,as they are the fastest growing cruise line in Europe, because of their great service, food and all-inclusive features, despite using older tonnage.

The orange lettering is horrible!!! I'd be curious to see the interior whether any other changes have been made. The Zenith was very traditional and classy. I haven't been on Celebrity since. Do the other Celebrity ships compare?

Somewhere I had found a vitual tour on the interior changes but can't remember where now. It may have been on the Pullmantur web site but I think I checked that and wasn't finding what I originally saw. I'll have to dig around and see what I can find. I DO remember that I wasn't impressed with the changes.

Actually, she was not sold by RCCL, but transferred to RCCl's Spanish division in exchange for Pullmantur's two best ships, Blue Dream and Blue Moon, which are now sailing as Azamara's Journey and Quest,( the Spanish cruise public must be justifiably P.O.d). However, they will also be getting the Empress and Sovereign from RCI next year to increase their capacity,as they are the fastest growing cruise line in Europe, because of their great service, food and all-inclusive features, despite using older tonnage.

Maybe I should look to them then if I do another cruise in Europe. I loved the little zenith also and hate all the samll ships are going and are being replaced with monsterships.

• 2 weeks later...

momofmeg:

I don't know how easy it is to book a Pullmantur cruise from the US, but mabe this link to the website will give you an idea what cruising is all about on Pullmantur's Zenith, keeping in mind that it is quite Spanish and different, an all-inclusive mainstream cruise.

http://www.pullmanturcruises.com/crucerobritt/zenith.html

Sorry,all the menues and wine lists are in Spanish, but you'll get the general idea.

You might be interested in a photo taken last week in Ilha Bela in Brazil, of Zenith's sister ship. Originally the Celebrity Horizon, she is now sailing as the Island Star for another of Royal Caribbean's offshoots, Island Cruises.

DSC04005.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

She looked much better with the blue. Sailed on both the Zenith and Horizon to Bermuda. My best memory of the Zenith was on the way down to Bermuda. It was a beautiful day, but a hurricane was brewing to the south and west of our location. The waves were so bad, the water in the pool was seesawing side to side and up and over onto the deck . . . kind of like the wave pool at Hurricane Harbor. LOL. The people in the pool were loving it. But unfortunately safety considerations prevailed (boo) and the pool was drained until the waves subsided.

She looked much better with the blue. Sailed on both the Zenith and Horizon to Bermuda. My best memory of the Zenith was on the way down to Bermuda. It was a beautiful day, but a hurricane was brewing to the south and west of our location. The waves were so bad, the water in the pool was seesawing side to side and up and over onto the deck . . . kind of like the wave pool at Hurricane Harbor. LOL. The people in the pool were loving it. But unfortunately safety considerations prevailed (boo) and the pool was drained until the waves subsided.

Just something about the blue that made both the Zenith and Horizon look much sleeker. I think it was a sight to behold to see them docked side by side in Bermuda.:)

• 4 weeks later...

Here's an odd question: can you still get souvenirs from Zenith? I was thinking of starting a collection of magnets from the ships I've sailed on, and all but the Zenith are still out and about under their same companies, so it wouldn't be a problem. But can you still get "Celebrity Zenith" merchandise or souvenirs?

Here's an odd question: can you still get souvenirs from Zenith? I was thinking of starting a collection of magnets from the ships I've sailed on, and all but the Zenith are still out and about under their same companies, so it wouldn't be a problem. But can you still get "Celebrity Zenith" merchandise or souvenirs?

Probably not. We were on the Zenith for her LAST sailing to Bermuda and all the logo stuff was dirt cheap, I think they were trying to sell it off. We bought a hat, 2 tee shirts and a set of 6 mugs, total for everything was under $20.

You could watch on eBay, that kind of stuff comes up.

On second thought, even though the Zenith is with Pullmantur cruises, she's still sailing under her rightful name. It may take some work but you might be able to track something down by contacting the cruise line. Pullmantur is in Spain but it's still under the RCCL "umbrella".

We sailed on one of her last voyages out of Tampa in March 2006.

She was such a gracious small ship. I loved her! The food and service was so amazing. A highlight of our 12 day Southern Carribbean journey was Afternoon Tea.

(I have been disappointed in Royal Caribbean's advertised "teas". Throwing a teabag in a cup and carrying to the table for me does NOT constitute proper afternoon tea!)

On Zenith, afternoon tea waiters had silver tea pots and white gloves!

Those tiny crustless sandwiches, shortbread, and dainty pastries were gorgeous. Wow - Afternoon tea is a cherished event.

It is sadly lacking on the big mega ships I have experienced. Zenith was in a class by herself!:cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I sailed the maiden voyage of the Zenith. Such a great ship and cruise. I think I saw her this week in Freeport. It was a Pullmantur ship called Pacific Dream. It had the Celebrity X on the smoke stack but they had painted it so it wasn't distinctive. I was going to get get a picture "later" but she sailed off and I missed it.

Archived