nextel on ncl ships

brovol

we just got back yesterday. My husband did not have any service outside of miami.(Nextel) I am with verizon I had service in the middle of the ocean! well, it was "roaming" but I was able to call home once while in cozumel

Hope this helped.

They do have cell service through Cellular at Sea. I have Nextel and Verizon and the Nextel never worked on the ship or in any of the ports. I think they have to sign up with Cellular at Sea to get the service and you have to have a specific type of phone to be able to use it. Check out their website for more info. http://www.cellularatsea.com

Good Luck.

They do have cell service through Cellular at Sea. I have Nextel and Verizon and the Nextel never worked on the ship or in any of the ports. I think they have to sign up with Cellular at Sea to get the service and you have to have a specific type of phone to be able to use it. Check out their website for more info. www.cellularatsea.com

Good Luck.

thanks for the link. looks like i am out of luck.

Has anyone had any luck with Sprint?

That is a very good question....since now Nextel has those hybrid phones...nextel for direct connect and Sprint for Cell service.

I guess I will find out in April. My husband and son have those type of phones.

Archived