Tour Guide Recommendations

taegan

We were in Ocho 9/25 on Destiny. We used the services of Trevor Hudlin as a guide for the day. Excellent service, clean vehicle, wonderful man with high integraty. We custom picked what we wanted as we did not want to go to the falls. He took us to all the places we asked and even stayed with us while we shopped and then took us back to the ship with plenty of time to spare. I would highly recommend his services.

I couldn't agree more! Trevor is awesome! Since we first toured with him in 2004, MANY of my co-workers have gone to Jamaica and have toured with Trevor (so many that one of the groups took him a school shirt and cap :) ).

We are going back to Jamaica in Feb. - mostly to take some family members who missed the 2004 cruise on a tour with Trevor. He is the BEST!

• 2 weeks later...

We have only been to Ocho Rios but will dock in Montego Bay this time with Carnival Conquest - It appears the tour guides being recommended are all based in Ocho...does anyone have recommendations for Montego? thanks!

We have only been to Ocho Rios but will dock in Montego Bay this time with Carnival Conquest - It appears the tour guides being recommended are all based in Ocho...does anyone have recommendations for Montego? thanks!

http://www.trevorhudlintours.com/

I haven't used Trevor (haven't been to Montego Bay yet) but I heard so many good things about him on the Jamaica boards while researching Ocho Rios that I book marked the site in case of a future stop in Montego Bay.

We were in Ocho- October 19th cruise date & used Mark Morris with markmorristours.com. He was awesome...best experience ever!!! It was just my husband & I. I booked the Dunn falls excursion on his website & when he emailed me I told him we wanted a tour of what the locals did instead of touristy stuff. It was 4 1/2 hours of great great fun. We went to falls early , we didn't climb thru falls just walked the stairs & took pictures. then went to his father's home & saw his pottery business(he's retired but still does a little in his home), bought several pieces, tried some sugar cane, scotch bonnet peppers, etc from his back yard, went to lunch at a local place Mark recommended, did some shopping, went to lobster daves' & fishing village, & sightseeing. He tells you lots & lots of info too... cost- $35.00 ea (included fee to DF)

memories: priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I wanted to write a quick review about Jamaica because you hear so many poor reviews and bad things about Jamaica. I have to say that it was one of the highlights of our trip. The reason being is because of our private tourguide. We booked a tour with Courtney Taylor. It was $20 per person (we didn't have kids w/ us so check on that). I didn't want to do an organized tour. I wanted to go to the falls, get lunch at an authentic Jamaican restaurant and maybe do some sightseeing or shopping. I emailed Courtney and told him all of this. He said "no worries, my tour is flexible, mon". So I booked with Courtney. He met us at the boat in a clean air conditioned new van. First stop was Dunns Falls. When we got there and he had another tour guide take us through the falls, he was awesome (we just tipped him). The falls were beautiful and a must see. After we got done, we were soaking wet from head to toe (we knew we were going to get wet but didn't expect to be soaking). Courtney said he would take us back to the boat to get cleaned up and then take us anywhere we wanted to go. We said great what time do you want to meet us back here. He said take your time, I will wait here for you. We thought that was fantastic. We changed clothes and met back w/ Courtney. He took us through Fern Gully and it was beautiful! Courtney was very knowledgeable and fun! He has a great singing voice so if you are in the mood, ask him to sing you a couple of songs! He also took us shopping in some small villages which was really neat because the people were friendly and there was no pressure. Afterwards, he took us to lunch at a neat little restaurant that was at the top of a big bluff that had a gorgeous view of the ocean. The food was awesome! He waited for us there and then took us back to the ship. Courtney was so friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. At the end of the tour we all took pictures together and said goodbye. If you would like to get in touch with Courtney you can reach him at courtney_tay @ yahoo.com.

I wanted to write a quick review about Jamaica because you hear so many poor reviews and bad things about Jamaica. I have to say that it was one of the highlights of our trip. The reason being is because of our private tourguide. We booked a tour with Courtney Taylor. It was $20 per person (we didn't have kids w/ us so check on that). I didn't want to do an organized tour. I wanted to go to the falls, get lunch at an authentic Jamaican restaurant and maybe do some sightseeing or shopping. I emailed Courtney and told him all of this. He said "no worries, my tour is flexible, mon". So I booked with Courtney. He met us at the boat in a clean air conditioned new van. First stop was Dunns Falls. When we got there and he had another tour guide take us through the falls, he was awesome (we just tipped him). The falls were beautiful and a must see. After we got done, we were soaking wet from head to toe (we knew we were going to get wet but didn't expect to be soaking). Courtney said he would take us back to the boat to get cleaned up and then take us anywhere we wanted to go. We said great what time do you want to meet us back here. He said take your time, I will wait here for you. We thought that was fantastic. We changed clothes and met back w/ Courtney. He took us through Fern Gully and it was beautiful! Courtney was very knowledgeable and fun! He has a great singing voice so if you are in the mood, ask him to sing you a couple of songs! He also took us shopping in some small villages which was really neat because the people were friendly and there was no pressure. Afterwards, he took us to lunch at a neat little restaurant that was at the top of a big bluff that had a gorgeous view of the ocean. The food was awesome! He waited for us there and then took us back to the ship. Courtney was so friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. At the end of the tour we all took pictures together and said goodbye. If you would like to get in touch with Courtney you can reach him at courtney_tay @ yahoo.com.

Did your ship come into Ocho Rios or Montego Bay? If Montego Bay; did you find the drive a long ways?

We came in from Ocho Rios which is about 5 mins from the falls. His rates are very cheap, some where on his site i saw $30pp form Montego By to the falls for including admission to the falls.

Our ship comes into Montego Bay and I've already booked with Marva who comes higly recommended but I will keep his name on file.Thanks

• 1 year later...

We went with Mark Morris Tours. Highly recommended, did the Dunns Falls and River Tubing. Had a group of 12+, was extremely accommodating, nice clean/new van, very informative and learned a lot about Jamaica. Took us to to the Fall's first to avoid the crowds, river tubing, went to try some Jamaican beef patties, did a little shopping, then sightseeing. Wonderful tour guide.

Booked on: http://markstours.com/

• 8 months later...

Hi--

We got back from our first cruise May 28, 2011 and our last port was Jamaica. I used this site to find a tour or tour guide that was less costly than the ship's excursion. I saw a few posts about Trevor Hudlin, so I decided to go with him. He was great! Very professional, very informative and very reasonably priced. I highly recommend him for your stop in Jamaica.

I would highly recommend Mark's Tours. We customized our own tour with the help of Mark. It was outstanding. We were a party of seven people, including my elderly MIL. I have been on three cruises and this was the best excursion I have taken thus far. Two thumbs up.

We did Admiral Tours with Dwight,and it was awesome! Dwight was like our personal body guard.We had a great time in Ocho Rios,the guides on the falls on the other hand,weren't worth the money,to me it seemed like all they did was film the video.

• 4 months later...

I posted a favorable review about Wentworth Pearson and his fabulous tour in Ocho Rios Jamaica last year. I am writing this review again as they had removed my posting. I highly recommend him. He did an excellent tour that went above and beyone. He is also very reasonable.

• 3 months later...
I posted a favorable review about Wentworth Pearson and his fabulous tour in Ocho Rios Jamaica last year. I am writing this review again as they had removed my posting. I highly recommend him. He did an excellent tour that went above and beyone. He is also very reasonable.

I also want to respond to this post. Wentworth is incredible and worked for both NCL and RCL for years. That in itself made it a good choice but he really is incredible

• 4 weeks later...

Our group of 5 ladies used Dwain Bailey as a private tour guide in Ocho Rios. We were on the Carnival Valor Dwaine met us outside the gate at the cruise dock in his air conditioned newer van. He took us to Dunns River falls where we walked it, he met us about an hour and a half later, we drove through Fern Gulley, we went to a nice high lookout point where we could see our cruise ship to take photos. He took us to an area that had various plants he explained their medicinal properties which was interesting. He took us to a shopping area and drove us by some nicer resorts and homes. We felt very safe with Dwain, and he told us the history of Jamaica. He would have taken us any place we wanted to go which is nice to be able to customize your own itinerary.it was $30 per person for 1/2 a day. I would definitely use Dwaine again if I go back to Ocho Rios. dwainstour@yahoo .com is how I got in touch with him.

• 9 months later...

Another vote of confidence for Wentworth - we had a great day with him in March. We went river tubing and on to Coyaba Gardens, but he will customise the trip to fit in what you want. No deposit and you don't pay until the end of the trip.

Archived