what is your least favorite food?

oldmedic

do you eat liver?  

269 members have voted

1. 1. do you eat liver?

• I love it and would gladly eat it on a cruise
    • I hate it and don't even want to be on the same ship it is on
    • No Preference
    • there is another food i really like or dislike- (please comment in the section below)

Will they serve cod liver oil as my vitamin supplement with breakfast each morning?
If I get flu symptons, will the ship provide castor oil in orange juice to cure my ills. I think my mom administered castor oil when I was just a kid to make sure I was sick enough to stay home from school. Yuuuuk, I can still taste it over sixty years later.
Les
:eek:

The Goods: :D

squid / calamari
snails / escargot
beef tongue ala swiss steak
beef heart sliced thin and fried
fried chicken gizzards
pig knuckles
cheddar cheese & blue cheese
merlot & cabernet

The Bads: :eek:

Liver - beef/chicken - no salvation
Tripe
haggis
soft boiled eggs
cottage cheese
port wine

Many good things are ruined by preconceived ideas and poor preparation.

• 2 weeks later...
We went to Hooter's near the Tampa pier before our cruise this summer. The kids were too busy enjoying their supreme key lime pie to notice the girls. Actually, I thought it was tame compared to the way I see girls walking around the local mall! I vote yuck on the liver! Plus, way too many good things to eat on a cruise ship. Don't even want to be in the same room with the smell!

I had to serve liver to people during my waitress phase and I can't touch it now. (No, I didn't work at Hooters) The nice thing about adulthood is that you can choose what you eat most of the time.

I also can't eat escargots after watching someone eat perriwinkles which spring back into shape when you pull them out of the shell. Lobster, however is great, especially from the Bay of Fundy.
Nancy

My least favorite food is a cheese sandwich on white bread with butter or margarine. I don't understand why they would feed it to anyone no less a hospital patient and complain about their cholesteral. This happened to me and I refused it. If I never see another cheese sandwich again, I will be happy.

• 3 weeks later...
:) Beef liver and bacon makes a great dish. Chicken and turkey livers are even better, however do NOT eat pork liver. Some foods are 'in',[who likes frog legs?], while other 'great but cheap' foods are not. Stuffed beef heart, kidney, ox tail stew, herring, to name a few.Who has had roast pork shoulder, with 'crackling' in the past year? Much better than the alligator ribs that I paid extra for on my last cruise. If those 'cheap foods' sold for $20.00 a pound, each one would be front and center on the finest dinner menus! Now thats the beauty of cruising, next time try the 'English mixed grill', its great and may even have kidney in it. Now I'm hungry, john taylor:rolleyes:

Another afficiondo of beef heart.
That makes at least 3 of us!

I never had plain ole fried chicken gizzards....but I love to make a chicken gizzard/heart/liver medley in a mushroom soup base served over waffles ... mmmmmm

Lots of things I will not eat. . .LIVER, brussels sprouts, calamari, sushi, blood sausage, head cheese, caviar, whole fish with heads (any kind), ANY food with head still attached, anchovies, oysters, spinach and other assorted slimy greens, and much, much, more.

I do love beets, though, and lime beens, and peas, and Hooter's.

Hehehe... Many, many people (including millions of people in Japan <grin>) eat sushi because the LIKE it! I actually rarely eat "sushi" but rather eat sashimi -- no rice -- not rolled up in anything.

And if your brussels sprouts smell horrible, then you haven't prepared them correctly.

You haven't lived until you've tried BALUT !!! Graduated High school in Manila, Father was with US Embassy. Grew up in diffrent coutries and would eat most everything, but could not stomach eggs with crunchies inside buried underground to ferment and then poked and sucked out, that is nasty stuff.

Archived