what is your least favorite food?

oldmedic

do you eat liver?  

269 members have voted

1. 1. do you eat liver?

• I love it and would gladly eat it on a cruise
    • I hate it and don't even want to be on the same ship it is on
    • No Preference
    • there is another food i really like or dislike- (please comment in the section below)

When I was at a summer camp in high school, I used to look forward to Wednesdays. The cafeteria would serve fried liver for lunch. At supertime, the leftover liver would be served in gravy. I'd eat it both times.

I've never seen it on a cruise ship other than as pate--which I love.

Calamari is good, but I try to avoid fried foods. I think it was a Royal Caribbean cruise that had a marinated seafood salad as an apetizer that included calamari.

I won't eat beets, rutabaga, or turnips.

Being from the North of England I love Black Pudding! (made with pigs blood!!)

but I'm not too keen on Tripe! (lining of a cows stomach!!).

And the one thing I just cant handle but everyone else seems to like is...cheese!!! Even the smell is not pleasant (especially Stilton, thats just the innards of peoples sweaty socks)

Still, Its interesting going to Pizza hut and trying to find something I like!!:D

DH & I love calves liver with bacon & onions. Don't forget the side of mashed potatoes. Only eat it once a year due to the cholestorel content. I understand the comments about the smell when cooking it.

I got a good laugh about the calimari was like rubber bands. We love that too.

Texture is a big issue for me. While I don't like liver as an entree, I know liver can be made into something palatable, with enough mayonnaise and/or egg in it (to make a pate). I feel calamari, on the other hand, is unrecoverable. I cannot imagine any way of turning squid into something I would eat! <shudder>

When I was a kid, my Mom used to make "meat loaf"...and then she used to make MEAT LOAF. The first was the typical ground beef, onions, bread, milk, eggs, etc...topped with catsup. The second was much firmer, and disguised with catsup on the top. It was BEEF TONGUE and I ate it for a number of years, while Mom lied and told us it was "meat loaf". I urped non-stop for days when I found out what she'd been serving us! (Youngest brother rat-finked). Just wonder how many "liver" burgers I ate! Good old Mom - can't blame her for trying to save money!! Urp. Barf. Yecchh. Blecchh!

imsulin,

your mom was much kinder than mine. mine didn't even try to disguise it. i really don't think any amount of catsup would have done that. but now, i am an adult and don't have to worry about being forced to eat it. btw- i never forced my kids to eat anything, and they both are healthy young adults.

Liver?? BLEAH!!! calimari also.. yick.. you know how they make calimari? they cut up a garden hose and deep fry it... My husband does not agree and loves the stuff.. he is messed up!! (he keeps trying to give it to the kids and they hate it too.. even the one year old, who eats anything, spit out the squid.. hehe)

Does the word 'spoiled' to the limit ring a bell? :p

We were brought up eating what was being served.

As a result we can sit at any table in the world and have the same dinner as the other person.

Every country visited we eat 'local' food at least once.

If born during the war and.....- God forbid - that you will ever experience one.....you would speak differently.

:)

Happy sailings.

Roland

Don't have it too often. I hate calmari, I think rubber bands taste better. When I was a kid, I use to eat chicken feet. I remember that I like it. But now, I just don't know if I could eat it. I do enjoy go to foreign countries and trying their food. For most parts I really enjoyed it.
stan

Calf Liver ... isn't even close to Cow's tongue. My mom used to cook this when I was a kid and I HAD to eat it or risk having to think about "all the starving children in the world" Blah Blah Blah Oh my goodness, french kissing a cow ... gag me

Like many others just the [i]smell[/i] of liver makes me wanna blow chucks - couple that with lima beans and I may very well loose my appetite for the better part of a month. I don't eat any organ meats...

I do like beets, turnips, steamed (not raw) clams and oysters, califlour... Never had the "fried rubber bands" but I do understand that RC serves escagot to die for and although I've never had it before, I'm looking forward to trying it!

Just got back from a Mex. Riviera cruise and ``cruised'' the open market in Puerto Vallarta. My mouth watered when I saw the fresh chicken feet for sale in the fresh poultry sections. Grew up on a chicken farm and there was no part of that bird we didn't eat outside of the head (yuuukkk) - but my brother and sisters and I would always fight over the chicken feet. When blanched right and fried right, they're like caviar for the ``Chicken Soul.'' Ate so much chicken growing up that I won't give you 2 cents for a Buffalo wing or any other part of a chicken - outside a good chicken foot.

[font=Fixedsys][color=purple]To 98Charlie: YIKES! :eek: :eek: [/color][/font]
[font=Fixedsys][color=purple][/color][/font]
[font=Fixedsys][color=purple]Thanks a bunch! [/color][/font][font=Fixedsys][color=purple]Now I can just imagine the horrible nightmares awaiting me when I go to bed tonight of fried chicken feet chasing me around. LOL. [/color][/font]

Archived