what is your least favorite food?

oldmedic

do you eat liver?  

269 members have voted

1. 1. do you eat liver?

• I love it and would gladly eat it on a cruise
    • I hate it and don't even want to be on the same ship it is on
    • No Preference
    • there is another food i really like or dislike- (please comment in the section below)

we were recently talking about our upcoming cruise and the subject of what we were going to eat while on the cruise came up. The one thing that my sweetie and I disagree on is LIVER. She loves it, I hate it. How bout you? I don't recall it being served on any of the ships we have been on, does anyone know if it is? tell us how you feel about it- I say more people dislike it than like it. now is the chance to voice your opinion- we have a bet going, the winner gets a spa appointment or extra money for gambling- your answers decide!

Bleeech, I couldn't stand it even when I did eat meat. The kids menu at Hooters has Liver and Onions on it and the price is $13.95(it's a joke). My son always orders it, just to see the waitress' face. He thinks that it's hilarious. Then he orders his usual chicken wings.

I've never seen liver on the menu on a cruise, but yes, I would eat it. I will never again order any "stuffed" chicken. It tastes re-heated and what I would imagine to be rest home, or meals on wheels, type of food,

Isn't it nice that we can order something else if we don't like our meal?

I voted "other food" because:

I like liver, DH doesn't, so I never make it. I would love to eat it, but not on a cruise ship, as there are wayyyyy too many other great things I'd enjoy instead. Reminds me of a thread I saw elsewhere once. Said they had meatloaf on the menu on HAL ships, I believe. Now I love meatloaf, but I'm not ordering that on a cruise! I want food I can't get at home or at a local diner/eating establishment.

Now to the other: The hockey-puck hashbrowns on the CCL ships are awful!!! They need REAL hasbrowns, at least for the sit-down breakfasts in the dining rooms. Understand the need for something easier in the morning buffets. A nice order of eggs benedict is ruined by those horrible things on the same plate with them :D.

Liver?? BLEAH!!! calimari also.. yick.. you know how they make calimari? they cut up a garden hose and deep fry it... My husband does not agree and loves the stuff.. he is messed up!! (he keeps trying to give it to the kids and they hate it too.. even the one year old, who eats anything, spit out the squid.. hehe)

Hubby loves liver- the local legion club has a liver 'n onion feed every month and it is very well attended. I think it the spouses who aren't allowed to cook it at home! I am also a seafood avoider, I'll eat it if I have to, but it isn't my first choice.

My dad used to make this old army recipe- Mota Mott-

fry ground liver, pour milk over it- warm it up and enjoy:eek:

I think he did this just to annoy the rest of the household, it couldn't poosibly be good.

I love liver, but hate to cook it, so if it is available on a menu, I almost always get it.

I spent two weeks in China this year. Although we were wined and dined by dignitaries in every city we were in, and served what I'm sure was, to their tastes, absolutely incredible food, it ruined me for Chinese food for life. All the meals are served family style, on a revolving round tray in the middle of the table. After too many things served with heads and eyes (including one of my past favorites, shrimp), if something was served that even remotely resembled the Chinese food we know here in the States (like sweet and sour anything), we all scarfed it down, while the fish head and duck blood stuff sat uneaten. Thank goodness for white rice, and the ever present watermelon for dessert!

Liver - can't stand the smell or texture of it! My ex used to love liver and onions, and when I cooked it, I used a very long BBQ fork, stood as far away from the stove as I could, and pinched my nose. It was the main reason for the divorce, which was granted on grounds of "nasal cruelty".

Once had to prepare liver and bacon in home economics in high school. Could not stand to touch it, smell it or taste it. The dogs ate it when I took it home. I once tried calimari. I had never seen calimari before and I thought they were onion rings, which I love, so I piled the plate high. When I cut into them, it was like breaded tasteless elastic bands. I was so disappointed.

I am not sure about the Hooters thing. I don't take the kids there (mostly because my 7 year old started noticing girls at a VERY young age and I mean he smiled at a woman on the El in Chicago for the first time instead of me!!!! Can you say lock and cage at 13?) but there is less clothing on the average beach than Hooters..

As for Chinese food. Most Americans would not touch the real cuisine of most countries that are not European. Almost everything we have here is Americanized. Even Mexican food.. I love to try new things but eyes?? Not I guess I am too spoiled to eat them. In most other countries what we think of as odd they eat to live!!

Nancy, and here I was thinking that calamari was fried rubber bands!! Agree with you about native foods in other countries, I have seen people in Mexico eating things that I couldn`t recognise and also in Real Chinese restaurants where the Chinese eat.....jean :cool:

Hooters is pretty tame compared to what I see on our local Catholic high school girls. And they wear uniforms! :eek:

Ta421sBtrHalf, the Hooters in Sunrise backs right onto the golf course making it a great place for a cool one after a round. I've been known to stop in once or twice. ;)

Beth

Archived