what is your least favorite food?

oldmedic

do you eat liver?  

269 members have voted

1. 1. do you eat liver?

• I love it and would gladly eat it on a cruise
    • I hate it and don't even want to be on the same ship it is on
    • No Preference
    • there is another food i really like or dislike- (please comment in the section below)

:D I've just eaten a large serving of liver and bacon, garnished with onions and mushrooms, topped off with ketchup! Well, if you gals and guys won't eat it, I have to sacrifice myself to get rid of it for you all. I anyone is about to eat I humbly apologize, but you did ask!:rolleyes: john taylor

[quote name='Claude & Francine']DH will eat anything. He is ready to try any food. I will only eat liver prepared by my MOM- she has an incredible recipe.[/QUOTE]
Can you share the recipe, please? I love liver!

Just wanted to mention fried pickled tripe. I had never heard of such a thing until I moved to New England. We used to drive my mother-in-law over to Concord, NH, to a restaurant where she could get it. Don't look at me, [b][i]I [/i][/b]didn't try it!! :)

Have a wonderful trip, Oldmedic - I hope the ship has all your very favorite foods! - Jane

• 4 weeks later...

If I'm familiar with it and/or it is easy to make at home, I usually always will opt for something else on a cruise. If I don't like it, I'll try something else. As for liver, never saw it on a dinner menu, but frequently have seen it on the dining room lunch menu. If there is somethng you like but "your other half " doesn't , or vise versa, so you don't prepare it at home, a cruise is the perfect place for the one who really likes something to order it! Be it liver or "whatever".

Hi...there have only been a few posters in the "Like Liver Category".....well, I think that makes us special:D

Cannot remember who posted it, but I also ate whatever my Mom cooked....and usually ate the whole plate too:)

Liver and Mushrooms/Onions........delicious.......as well as chicken livers...in the south lots of restaurants fry them up with gravy on the side.

I enjoy them sauteed....with mushrooms and onions...with some red wine........in the pan...over noodles......

We all like different foods......it is what makes us all different.......I just hope after seeing some of ya'lls replies..... if someone orders something you don't like at your dinner table on a cruise, you would have the class to NOT make some of the sounds you are typing!

I agree with brussel sprouts--they smell horrible too. Sushi is gross. I want my fish cooked. How hard is it to season up and blacken some good ol' fish. Raw fish--people eat it because it is "stylin" now. Puleeze! Ever notice how they roll it up with other stuff to try to hide the disgusting taste?

Do a search on google if you dont believe me because all sushi is not raw fish. Lots of it is "cooked". Its amazing how many people dont know this.

Me? I hate liver. Calamari is good if fresh and cooked right. Last cruise about 6 weeks ago, Hubby ate 6 lobster tails, I had one. I like it too, but prefer shrimp or scallops. Brussel sprouts -- YUM. Beets- can you say, "tastes like dirt"? Asparagas - WONDERFUL. Love cabbage, artichoke, corn, peas, carrots etc, you get the hint, all veggies. Hubby and I also love S-CAR-GO. The best I have had are the ones Tom makes for me. Second best is on any RCCL ship.

Thanks for making me hungry.

Happy Holidays to all. Even the liver eaters!

Marilyn

uuggghh....One of the few things I remember from nursing school goes something like this..."the liver is the organ that detoxifies most chemicals from your body"...in other words, it is sort of the body's garbage can!!! (I think this goes for animals too!) eeeuuwww!!!! 20 foot waves do not invoke nausea like the thought of liver does!!!:eek:

One of the things I remember from school is, "An egg is a chickens abortion".

Another good one from cooking school:

Why is a tenderloin so tender? This muscle lies right next to the cows small intestine. The small intestine leaks a bit and bathes the muscle in cow urine for the life of the animal. The uric acid in the urine breaks down the muscle fiber, slowly dissolving it, and making it very tender to eat. Next time you buy a tenderloin steak, smell it before you cook it. You will notice a faint odor of urine. Next time you eat a tenderloin, smell it carefully. Even after cooking, there is a faint urine smell.

The small intestine leaks a bit and bathes the muscle in cow urine for the life of the animal. The uric acid in the urine breaks down the muscle fiber, slowly dissolving it, and making it very tender to eat.

I've had 2 college physiology and anatomy classes, complete with human cadaver disection, and evidentally cows are more different from humans than I realized (yeah, I know, in more ways than one! although we often eat like them LOL). In humans, urine begins formation in the kidneys, is transported via the ureters, and is contained in the bladder until elimination, which happens via the urethra. I don't recall that the intestine of humans at any point has urine in it. Must be different in cows?? :p Now you've got me wondering, because if there is truth to this, yuck!

I'll eat most things (unfortunately). I love liver and onions with bacon. Love escargot, shellfish, etc. Not fond of vegetables or any kind of fish. But for all-time bad - try luttefisk. It is disgusting raw, it smells bad when cooking and the flavor and texture when being eaten is downright awful.

:eek:

Wed. night in college (okay, many, many moons ago) was choice of liver or spaghetti. Most of us ate peanut butter (with Tab, followed by ice cream!) Haven't touched liver since - except in an appetizer, mixed with something else!

• 2 weeks later...

Yuck.. yuck.. yuck.. yuck... :0) ... lol.. I still have nightmares about liver... when growing up when my dad would cook that nasty stuff and you could smell it throughout the whole house.. He loved it.. I can remember a few times being made to eat it.. There isnt enough ketchup on this earth that can cover that taste!! :0)

• 2 weeks later...

gtalum, I LOVE brussel sprouts! lol

The one thing I can think of that I will never eat is Caviar. This is because my husband for some reason chose to keep fish eggs from a fish he caught in the fridge in the garage. I was pregnant at the time, and when I found them, they were going rotten (black, slimy, and OMG did they smell!!!!) I was so violenty sick I thought I was going to die!!!!!! lol Needless to say the thought of Fish eggs does not turn my crank.

I can take it or leave it when it comes to liver. Calimari is good if fixed right. I have trouble with boiled okra, I like RCCL's escargo, and I simply get no flavor what-so-ever from an avacado. I've tried the foods from over 45 countries and/or islands and some food I liked and some I avoided (baloots [sp] and rice bugs). I love Mexican food, Southern food (soul or otherwise) minus the chitterlings and pickled pig's feet, New England's seafood, Chinese, German and on and on. But, what I don't understand is, while I like Italian food, I would not go out of my way to seek it over anyother food and I can't understand paying an extra $20 for it at specialty restaurants on cruises. I don't mean to offend anyone, certainly not Italians; it's just not a cuisine I would choose over anyother. To clarify a little, I live in Maine and never order the lobster; it's too much trouble to eat.

Archived